• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nobody said that we do feel guilty, we enjoy playing the game every now and then, but if we want to do that, piesaacs is the place to be

Nanda

Smash Ace
I'm keen to host a meet on Friday night. 6pm onwards, BBCS2, T6, SSFIV, 3S. Alternatively if you can host Pie, I have no objections.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I'm saddened that with the death of Smash, we don't get to hang out together anymore.

Who's up for a smash revival?

The rules

1. We play SSBB and only SSBB. This is because everyone can play it and everyone has similar amounts of experience playing. In other words, it brings everyone together.

2. Do not talk about fight club.

3. We play by rules that WE like, and **** the 'competetive' scene. That means a stage list that gives FUN games (**** you RC and Brinstar), a sensible time limit (Jambo and I play 6:00 and it's great), and no MK maining.

4. All of the above is subject to debate by interested ACT players. I assume everyone will disagree with my proposed rules anyway.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Having fun playing smash?

Astounding concept good fellow. I've tried it in recent times: all stages (bar new pork city) items on high, good shizzle ;)
EVEN TOBY (I just got Luke interested) enjoys fun smash. Even though he won't admit it openly.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
trying to establish more act smash player is hard when we link them to smashboards cause they see the "act" thread and find nothing about smash :/

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
first up, go away shaya, your wormtounge lies dont work on us.

second of all, pie isnt trying to get anyone new into the scene, he's trying to get the old crew back together

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind getting the old group back together. I'll admit I do miss the days where a meet was everyone getting together rather than two or three people :p I don't mind smash, it just doesn't really do it for me anymore. I'm ok with it as a side thing but I usually get bored after a while. I suppose I'd be willing to give it a shot though.

On a completely unrelated note, anyone feel like some blazblue? :p

cheese619

Smash Ace
If I understand correctly, the point Pie is making is that Smash united all of us. We all played the same game and shared a similar interest. Now everyone wants to play different games and it's not the same sense of unity. For this reason I don't think we get the same turnouts at meets like what we used to get. Using myself as an example I'd be keen to drive out on a Saturday night for some smash but I would be reluctant to travel to south side only to get schooled at a game like BlazBlue in which I am an experienced scrub. Anyway that's my opinion.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
but you'd drive double that to play super jump in fighter 4 right?

I'd be going to pie, but I work shaturday all the ****ing time now

Throwback

Smash Lord
If I understand correctly, the point Pie is making is that Smash united all of us. We all played the same game and shared a similar interest. Now everyone wants to play different games and it's not the same sense of unity. For this reason I don't think we get the same turnouts at meets like what we used to get. Using myself as an example I'd be keen to drive out on a Saturday night for some smash but I would be reluctant to travel to south side only to get schooled at a game like BlazBlue in which I am an experienced scrub. Anyway that's my opinion.
Somebody give this man a pie!

Top Bottom