• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

A_Man69

Smash Rookie
hey can someone give me a list of legal levels to play in torn. for the smash??? thanks

A_Man69

Smash Rookie
smash levels

hey can someone plz give me a list of torn. levels for smash i know final destination and battlefield are in there but i dont remember the rest thanks

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
aaaaagh

i just got a wii powersaves hoping it would solve my "ar not working with wii" problem....it didnt!!!

okiyama

Smash Ace
I still don't think it is worth 30 dollars..
If you just want to fool around with it, no way. If you want to get data and learn about the game and how things work then it's very helpful. I myself just got curious on the lag frames for wavedashing so I just tested it. I didn't write it down though caus eI know it's somewhere.

LSDX

Wah!
I use Action Replay and I has gots a challanged by Sonic and Tails on Icicle Mountain! I is no lie!

Ja

Smash Journeyman
AR question:
Is there a known AR code that lets you use the cstick in single player/training mode? I've done some googling and haven't been able to find anything.

If this isn't known, do you think it's feasible to find a code to turn on cstick attacks for single player?

Raikousei

Smash Rookie
Why is it that, when playing using the Debug Menu, Marth doesn't have nearly as much range as he does in the actual game?

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
If you just want to fool around with it, no way. If you want to get data and learn about the game and how things work then it's very helpful. I myself just got curious on the lag frames for wavedashing so I just tested it. I didn't write it down though caus eI know it's somewhere.
I actually bought one for fooling around.. I have done lots of other stuff too, but mainly I use it for putting fun back in the games that would've stop being fun a long time ago.

Definitely worth the money imho.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I actually bought one for fooling around.. I have done lots of other stuff too, but mainly I use it for putting fun back in the games that would've stop being fun a long time ago.

Honestly, that is the same reason why I even bought a AR in the first place, though aside from that, Melee keeps on delivering FUN at it's best.

Smash Journeyman
Just got AR (the one that doesn't allow you upload new codes), so I have to buy the SD Media Launcher to do so. Is there anything I should know before I get one?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Is there, like, a way to change the controls for a certain player using an AR? Like to make player 3 shield instead of grab when he/she hits the Z button, and grab whenever they hit L/R?

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
Can AR be used as a recording device and if not then what do people usually record their matches with?

Or just whats the best way to record gameplay footage (sorry if that isn't AR related)?

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I know this is not really related to AR, but I'd like to know if it would be possible to hack Melee to make new textures for the characters (and stages ?), just like what has been done with Brawl. Of course, I mean hacking the game iso, then burning it and play it on Wii with the GC Backup launcher, I just want to know if this could be possible, and how :)
That would be amazing imo, to be able to play Melee with some new stuff such as textures, we all know this game deserves this way more than Brawl, and for mainy reasons ^^

LLDL

Smash Hero
you know the hidden fire emblem stage that doesn't seem to work even when you pick it on the debug menu? I think that it can be accessible if we access the debug menu in Smash Bros DX (the japanese version of mee), someone work on a code for it, and try to pick that level.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
First of all, a silly little video I just made, figured I might as well post it here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0HbL6kFd90

***BTW, all codes mentioned below are for version 1.2***

can you play on the "snag the trophies" stage without the game crashing?
Yes.

Trophy get stage doesn't crash the game when melee matches
are played on them (wparam)
2Y7R-K16R-DU9VV
WW87-EXP7-0KJDG

Is there any way to use an AR on melee with a wii?
There was an update a while back that disabled it, but you might be able to use it on a modded Wii.

Is there, like, a way to change the controls for a certain player using an AR? Like to make player 3 shield instead of grab when he/she hits the Z button, and grab whenever they hit L/R?
Yes, sort of.
Taunting makes you dead (wParam)
J7Z5-BDNC-7MD1A
P3JB-FE89-MU99K

Attempting to jump off the ground makes you down smash instead(wParam)
UXPE-KU7M-GGZ1H
WNEP-ABPK-Y4WNH

And then there's also the codes that simply swap actions for specific moves like a dash attack or an up smash.

http://arcentral.net/ssbm/ssbmV12/v12move.html
They're the ones that are called "Generic Blablabla"

Can AR be used as a recording device and if not then what do people usually record their matches with?

Or just whats the best way to record gameplay footage (sorry if that isn't AR related)?
I just use a VCR and then hook it up to my computer and record it onto there. You need a capture card for it though.

you know the hidden fire emblem stage that doesn't seem to work even when you pick it on the debug menu? I think that it can be accessible if we access the debug menu in Smash Bros DX (the japanese version of mee), someone work on a code for it, and try to pick that level.
People have been looking into that for years and I'm pretty sure that the level is just completely removed, the name is just a placeholder for a level that doesn't exist.

Riku 812

Smash Rookie
Action Replay is epic win when used for debug. I remember Detstar, he was dedicated to debug and all things Melee. Too bad his site got shut down.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I have a couple questions about AR.

First off I don't have AR but being that the gamecube is outdated in most ppls eyes becuase of the need to upgrade to newer gaming systems is it likely to find an AR without shopping online? Where is the best alternative place I could find one and how rare would it be?

Also with AR are you able to play Master/Crazy Hand with a specified Hp level against standard characters with the standard % damage system? Also I know its against tournament rules to play Master hand/Crazy Hand and Giga Bowser but if I play competitive ppl in friendly matches still competively and their cool with using the Hands what would be a fair Hp amount for the hand to have. I mean being fair for both players. 500 hp maybe?

When buying one are newer versions of AR different if so what version of AR is the best and whats the differences?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I have a couple questions about AR.

First off I don't have AR but being that the gamecube is outdated in most ppls eyes becuase of the need to upgrade to newer gaming systems is it likely to find an AR without shopping online? Where is the best alternative place I could find one and how rare would it be?

Also with AR are you able to play Master/Crazy Hand with a specified Hp level against standard characters with the standard % damage system? Also I know its against tournament rules to play Master hand/Crazy Hand and Giga Bowser but if I play competitive ppl in friendly matches still competively and their cool with using the Hands what would be a fair Hp amount for the hand to have. I mean being fair for both players. 500 hp maybe?

When buying one are newer versions of AR different if so what version of AR is the best and whats the differences?
First off, don't even bother trying to get a new one. Even if you can find one, the most recent ones were made to restrict making codes, so all you get are the codes it comes with, which pretty much boils down to just standard unlock codes and infinite coins, which is pretty pointless. If you want to use any decent cheats you'll have to get a used one that still allows you to input custom cheats.

Second, it is possible the play against people with master/crazy hand but it's not that fun, and to set it up so only the hand has stamina involves some other cheats and it's just more effort than it's worth to set it up. There are many WAY more interesting cheats to play around with.

EDIT: SHOCKING NEWS!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237291&page=5

Pi

Smash Hero
Is there an AR code that provides infinite shielding?
I'd like to practicing my shield pressure ;|
[Edit] Ooo found it
neato ^^

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
AR question:
Is there a known AR code that lets you use the cstick in single player/training mode? I've done some googling and haven't been able to find anything.

If this isn't known, do you think it's feasible to find a code to turn on cstick attacks for single player?
i was about to make a thread asking this same question.
now that i see i'm not alone, does anyone have anything for me?

i suck real bad with out the csticking my aerials so i can't even remotely enjoy btt and hrc.

edit: nobody even looks at this thread. i just saw the post dates... ****

Figgz

Smash Cadet
His moves are mostly better than Bowser's. But he's still slower. That, and any small character can run circles around him. I find normal Bowser much better than him. I agree he is powerful, but much harder to work with.

Because of this, imagine how easy it would be someone to get super good at him. He's too broken to be a playable character. Simple as that.

yea thats true

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
HyperFalcon said:
His moves are mostly better than Bowser's. But he's still slower. That, and any small character can run circles around him. I find normal Bowser much better than him. I agree he is powerful, but much harder to work with.

Because of this, imagine how easy it would be someone to get super good at him. He's too broken to be a playable character. Simple as that.
I disagree. While Giga Bowser is considered slow, he's still better than Bowser in all areas except his size and weight. He's easy to combo, but... you still have to catch him. A good Giga Bowser player can work around these disadvantages and turn them into ADvantages.

His WALKING and RUNNING SPEEDS are slower than Bowser's, but his attacks are still faster (proof = his F-tilt) and he can cover more ground using his roll dodge and dash attack.

I've mained Giga Bowser im Melee for 3-4 years using AR. One of my friends could barely touch me, and he's a pretty ****ed good player who could beat every other character I played PLUS my other pals. He's harder to work with, but someone like me, who took the time to develop strategies, can really reap benefits through persistent training.

And Giga Bowser is NOT broken. I, for one, refrain from using Smash attacks. You may not know it, but he's actually MUCH more balanced than Fox/Marth/Sheik and those other overpowered *****es. He doesn't have a steep learning curve like they do, and he can still pack as much punch. OK, maybe a little less, but I'd still place him at middle tier if he were tournament legal.

Pi

Smash Hero
The diff versions of AR
Do they have to correspond to the game's version?
I would assume no...but I might be in the market for one soon

Also, I read further up about the newer versions not allowing custom codes
Will that issue be blatantly obvious in the place I decided to purchase my AR from?
Or what should I look for to be able to tell?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Does AR work through the Wii? (still playing gamecube games (melee) though).
and is it going to damage my Wii? another gamecube would only be about £10 but a new Wii would probably be 15 times that so i don't really want to break it.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Does AR work through the Wii? (still playing gamecube games (melee) though).
and is it going to damage my Wii? another gamecube would only be about £10 but a new Wii would probably be 15 times that so i don't really want to break it.
Some updates (I'm not sure which) will prevent the AR from loading on the Wii.

It happened to me after I updated it sometime before Brawl's release. It loaded just fine before then, but now it gives me an error.

As for damaging, well, you might want to be careful with your GCN memory cards. Can corrupt the save files on them.

Top Bottom