• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay?

Atrain

Smash Cadet
Hello,

After seeing IE's thread with all his codes that would improve training, I am ordering an AR. However, I don't know the first thing to do. I was wondering if someone could post a quick summary on what to do once I get an AR?

How do I use the custom codes, do I need anything other than the AR disc, do I have to load the codes every time, etc?

Thanks for your time!

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
If you don't know already, the new AR for the Gamecube can't add AR codes. You should get the older models or get an SD Media Launcher and add the AR .dol file to the SD card if you want to add codes.

Kadano

Magical Express
You need Action Replay MAX (all other versions are garbage). It consists of one memory card that goes in slot 2, one PC software disc and one Gamecube startup disc. To include the codes, you can either put them in manually, but doing so takes horribly long (like 30 minutes for a longer code as you have to use the GCC). The better way is to put them in by transfering them to the memory card from your PC over USB. Unfortunately, this is not as easy as it seems as the driver CD doesn't always work like it should.
You can find more great AR codes on arcentral.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't advise getting that. The people who have say it freezes a lot and has lots of audio bugs. See complaints here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316953
They're actually talking about textures, not the homebrew apps and it never froze or had weird sounds on me when I used it for homebrew apps. But I agree AR Max would be the best way for having an AR.

:phone:

Top Bottom