• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Only cause I didn't have the urge to post lmao. Wanted to give that month lol.

Besides, haven't been able to come up with much. Been tryin to practice GR bair on MK but man is that hard.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik is ALIVE!!!!

YES!
YES! Thank you science that Sheik will continue to live and now without that FAT Zelda slowing her down! This changes so much, now they have a excuse to give her killing power again! I'm so glad I bought a 3DS now just for smash as the new game come out this summer?! Also those new tricks!

A rapid jab with a finisher

Not really exciting about this one unless you have full control of when to finish. Due to the obvious knock back on the finisher it might be useful as a low percentage combo starter but if you CAN'T decide when to end it then Sheik wall of jabs will be gone and if this game anything like brawl then prepared to get dolphin slash out of the 'finisher' every time.

Side B being replaced with burst grenade

HMMM, well no one really used the chain, personally I found it fantastic in brawl only to help zone people out, help land back onto the stage(Sheik new down B is amazing for this now) and for extreme punishment if you can read your opponent correctly but overall not the best tool. The few short clips of side B didn't really impress me though, Sheik clearly goes into a fairly long animation when she uses her side B and once more she looks rooted until at least the pin is pulled. The clips also didn't demonstrate any sort of control of where you can throw the grenade. I'm clearly assuming here but this might be a wonderful medium risk range combo starter and shield pressure due to the short cool down and range but right now we know just too little

Down B being replaced with bouncing fish

OMG, YES! This help sheik so ****ing much! One of Sheik main problems was recovery and getting juggle this help her so ****ing much! I don't care that the knock back looks absolutely horizontal making it only good for.... =3 For destroying recoveries...mahahaa. What does worry me is the big leap back for sheik when she does hit someone. I can see people are going to try to body block us if we try to Down B recover too close to them. I absolutely can't wait to learn more about this move.

Edit: Oh and I'll be in Japan for the next 3 years starting next month. With any luck I'll be the best Sheik user in Okinawa. ^,^'

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I actually recently started using the chain a tad more. I'm still god awful at building fast damage with it but my situational use is getting better lol.

I, for one, am going to severely miss be some mighty morphing Sheilda action. I hope this flip kick thingy is good.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I didn't watch the whole stream but a buddy of mine did. He said that her new down b is a smoke bomb. Now if that is true or not I do not know, he could just be assuming things.
My only question is.... WTF would a smoke bomb do!?

:EDIT: Look at the fourth picture. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/sheik.html
Could be a possible smoke bomb... idk.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I didn't watch the whole stream but a buddy of mine did. He said that her new down b is a smoke bomb. Now if that is true or not I do not know, he could just be assuming things.
My only question is.... WTF would a smoke bomb do!?

:EDIT: Look at the fourth picture. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/sheik.html
Could be a possible smoke bomb... idk.
Your buddy is a little mixed up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyl1FfEbJK0

Looking at the game play you can see how little knock back and short range it has which makes me think it's purpose is to be a combo starter or for shield pressure.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Your buddy is a little mixed up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyl1FfEbJK0

Looking at the game play you can see how little knock back and short range it has which makes me think it's purpose is to be a combo starter or for shield pressure.
Sweet dude, thanks for the video. I see what he thought was a smoke bomb. I will miss the chain, but this looks to be a lot cooler. It will give us better spacing.
Bouncing fish looks like it could be a good shield pressure tool as well. What I am more interested in is if it will help us recover. Burst grenade could also be used to recover since we could detonate it on ourselves.
Also, it would appear as if we can still chain ftilt into itself. How many times we can do that is uncertain. Look at the knock back of it at 0:42.
Any clue what the move she uses at 0:37 is? Looks like her old fthrow animation. Maybe they cut her rapid jabs short with that.... kinda useless unless we can cancel into it earlier.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Urg, I hate myself. Someone as much as whispers to me that Sheik is in smash 4 and boom the spark is back, then I go and play one of my co workers who surprisingly had a almost decent Diddy for a few hours and the fire is ignited. I was counting f tilts decays into usmash so well, I was busting out all my old tricks and mind games as he switch between his best characters. Now I'm here at 1am in the morning with all new smash 4 data absorbed and hungry for more while being unable to play any smash due to already shipping my stuff to my next home.
~scratches neck~
Stupid smash addiction is flaring up again. how much longer till 'summer'?

edit1: Oh something else that's funny, the other day I was thinking about smash on the 3DS and I was thinking about what I'm going to do first....Any guesses? I'm going to test stuff! :3 but then I realize that the 3DS will most likely not have a multiplayer for two or more players on the same 3DS. It will also be too early in smash 4 development to know if decay still exist and hacking wont be a option for at least a half a year so my options on what I can test are limited... Unless I can borrow someone else 3DS, less then a 6 month wait isn't enough for me to buy another 3DS just for smash among with a WiiU.

edit2: There is the basic stuff like usmash killing percents which I plan to get quickly, training mode or not and basic testing of Sheik new toys.. Lots of theories need to be looked at for those among with what I expect a revamp of sheik fsmash and it's new killing percents compared to up B. Dtilt sweet spot looks very promising once again, ftilt as well so I guess I'll be testing it's hit boxes as well. ~yawns~ I should most likely look at my old threads for idea's.

Last edited:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I always used to just run away like a small girl and throw needles. I haven't played MVD in litereally like 4 years now. I can only imagine how much better he has gotten, great job Ed!

I do remember this one game my zelda against his snake. MVD and I were both at kill percent last stock right. I think a nade blew us both up at about the same trajectory and this guy down airs to momentum cancel I assume. and I'm under his feet as we are flying through the air at 1 million miles an hour every hit of that down air got me! I'll never for get that, lol.

I've gotten the fire back to, but with work and a family its hard to really set it ablaze. really excited about the new smash but I don't know if I'll continue to main sheik this time sorry my fellow sheiks. My heart still belongs to melee samus, she was just garbage in brawl I couldn't do it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I've gotten the fire back to, but with work and a family its hard to really set it ablaze. really excited about the new smash but I don't know if I'll continue to main sheik this time sorry my fellow sheiks. My heart still belongs to melee samus, she was just garbage in brawl I couldn't do it.
.... </3 ....

That's understandable man, wife and or kid johns are the only legit one's. Hopefully you main both so we can still get your insight, rankings, and time.

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I always used to just run away like a small girl and throw needles. I haven't played MVD in litereally like 4 years now. I can only imagine how much better he has gotten, great job Ed!

I do remember this one game my zelda against his snake. MVD and I were both at kill percent last stock right. I think a nade blew us both up at about the same trajectory and this guy down airs to momentum cancel I assume. and I'm under his feet as we are flying through the air at 1 million miles an hour every hit of that down air got me! I'll never for get that, lol.

Well, Jimmers. At least have her as a secondary perhaps lol.

MVD has become a monster!!! He's #1 down here currently. Plain, monster!! So I'm super happy to get him again. Its been since 2010 since I got him in set. Hoping to replicate the success on the 19th and cross my fingers I can get it recorded.

I think I would probably still have the opposite style of you buddy. I still go in like a madman and just apply pressure. I really only get defensive when I'm trying to sit on a lead and even then I like to put on the pressure.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Whether I main her or secondary her or what I'm gong to be Sheik-ing it up and giving the sheik's my love.

I was on the Jiggs boards for a bit, lol, and I never played her in tourney.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I basically WANT to samus and sheik, but if I think they are bad/ they don't fit my play style I can't. :(

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
looks neat Some things are cool, but I don't agree with everything either...

I think he pretty much did that on his own, so thats really cool.

It's too long for me.

I'm sure it would be useful for new Sheik players although it might be a tad late by now.

WHICH REMINDS ME, I'm probably gonna start entering tournaments again because I'm bored. So I'll probably be back to crying about the character in a few weeks. BUT WITH VIDEOS. maybe

Last edited:
Top Bottom