• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
im pretty sure most of you guys know this but i never see it often. you can apply the same ike crouch jab cancel to about almost any character. sheik crouch jab cancel is perfect for pressuring shields and people who think your doing the AAA jab and try to di out of it. i usually jab twice. cancel jab again then repeat. its very useful . and id like to see more sheiks use it.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
well you have to do it pretty fast. because i used to think just pressing a then waiting then pressing a again. instead of crouching which is more effective

Judo777

Smash Master
I think canceling after the first jab is far more useful simply because most people with sheik experience know that after the second jab they can do something so most people are used to it. I play snake regularly he always rolls backwards after the second jab cause i cant punish it easily (except DA) and it avoids all of my followups. however canceling the first jab is a good idea cause first jab leads into alot of stuff pretty easily.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
If you jab cancel correctly the snake can't di or move out of the jab cancel. im not talking about jab wait jab jab jab. im talking about crouch cancelling. i've tried this on many snakes and they can't do anything about it.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure almost all the sheiks jab cancel (<3 made sure of it. XD) by now. Everyone can sdi the second jab if they see it coming and be safely out of grab range (don't know about other stuff). If you try it at low percents you'll probably get punished. And I'm pretty sure single jab gives you bad frame advantage so I'd avoid it personally.

Also dmt seems to like jab->short->jab->short->dash grab. Even if they DI away I imagine its not far enough to get away from a dash grab. And it looks mad cool. lol <3 dmt's sheik.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Sorry. =( The rest of the world can't keep up with the tx metagame. ny still thinks you can't wd in brawl and that mk is actually tourney viable.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I don't know how many people I've landed jab > short > combos on in tournament and in friendlies. Lost count a while back.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
everyone I play eats dem jab short combos! It's just so good...

JAB -> SHORT -> DASH->NAIR

Judo777

Smash Master
I know how to jab cancel and im not saying it isnt good cause it works on alot of people for me but i dont think its 100 percent legit because u can sdi the second jab. The snake i play sdis the second jab (or short rather) and then none of my moves can connect afterward guarenteed. Its still really good just dont rely on it is all.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
If there's one thing that separates theory smash from the real deal, it's how much non-legit tactics very often lead to more results than legit ones.

That's why I love mix-ups. As long as you keep the opponent guessing, you can get away with a lot of sht you thought impossible.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
thats why you jab cancel once every hit. if you see them smash ding then its better for you then you can follow up into w/e you want.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
They can't DI the first hit. canceling the first hit leaves you in a bad stop frame wise. you can mix up into a grab or something but you are way negative on advantage.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
*calls tristan to test*

How far can the di the second jab? Further than dash attack range? I doubt it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I hear you can DI second jab half way across FD. I'm being serious. Luckily in reality no one has reaction like that worst come to worst, and they do. you have plenty of time to see them do it and not do some in credibly laggy move.

jab->short->dsmash is legit at certain percents.

jab only really combos into short there is no reason to not use the second jab...

HelpR

Smash Ace
I hear you can DI second jab half way across FD. I'm being serious. Luckily in reality no one has reaction like that worst come to worst, and they do. you have plenty of time to see them do it and not do some in credibly laggy move.

jab->short->dsmash is legit at certain percents.

jab only really combos into short there is no reason to not use the second jab...
I demand a video. because this sound rather awesome.

also, at what percentages? I know it's plausible at like 500% but...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
like 140 it is 100% legit?

it works before that though just because jab normally hits people up into the air and up there their frame 1 shield option isn't available... and generally you are aiming for after when your dsmash would be a garunteed kill.

watch my recent video versus virg's DK I jab combo a lot in those.

iLight

Smash Lord
so i think i've come up with something new to try that could be pretty good if i can figure out all the character specificness/di following required for it

basically using some combination of f-tilt>u-tilt>fair> footstool off the side of platforms or the ledge for extra damage/kills if anyone wants to do more extensive testing i'm working on it slowly, probably get a lot of testing done this weekend when i go to a tournament and try it against more people, if anyone wants to msg me on AIM or MSN about it my usernames are connected to the boards so just send me a message

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Just did a little testing and it seem that if you start the vanish on the ground it doesn't matter if you go strictly horizontal or go a little vertical as well you still get the same amount of total lag.

I also tested to see if done at point blank how possible is it for characters to shield the vanish attack and then dash grab, I tested Sonic, got it to work easily, tested Captain falcon and couldn't. I also accidentally tested Captain Falcon dash attack and it power shielded :3

Everything else I learned it would hurt Sheik more then help if I post it to the public.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
That's fine. Its good to know our weaknesses as well. Its not like hiding information makes her a better character. She either is or isn't A-tier.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I know you can realistically SDI the second jab hit up and jump out it...

Which is another reason why I like jab, jab-> n-air.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Just did a little testing and it seem that if you start the vanish on the ground it doesn't matter if you go strictly horizontal or go a little vertical as well you still get the same amount of total lag.

I also tested to see if done at point blank how possible is it for characters to shield the vanish attack and then dash grab, I tested Sonic, got it to work easily, tested Captain falcon and couldn't. I also accidentally tested Captain Falcon dash attack and it power shielded :3

Everything else I learned it would hurt Sheik more then help if I post it to the public.
I would still use the auocancel vanish as a mixup. I already assumed going horizontal would have just enough lag to account for the drop from the autocancel distance on the aerial reappearance variation... however the idea is the opponent expects lag when you go into fall special after the vanish..and this often leads to an opening.

Judo777

Smash Master
I would still use the auocancel vanish as a mixup. I already assumed going horizontal would have just enough lag to account for the drop from the autocancel distance on the aerial reappearance variation... however the idea is the opponent expects lag when you go into fall special after the vanish..and this often leads to an opening.
What about if u jump up in the air and vanish over ur opponents head going completely horizontal and auto canceling? Normally the trade off is teleporting diagnol gives u less distance on the x axis as opposed to straight across but if you are already at auto cancel height and u teleport left or right only would it be faster?

Think i quoted the wrong person oh well.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They'll learn eventually if Sheik is relevant to them if not, then we won't know to avoid it when they blunder into it, cause come on, how many people who don't play sheik read these boards?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You'd be surprised. I have to read a lot to avoid the ****.

Also I don't name search. Nice try Light lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Zelda Sheik back room probly hasn't had a post in it in like a year and nothing ever happened anyways.

I would be all for a real one where we actually discussed things but I don't think anyone really cares too much lol.

Top Bottom