• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I meant ***** by Shugo and yeah. My god, my heart broke watching that set here in Columbus. It was like nothing you did worked at all.

Honestly, I thought you had a good shot at winning if you'd had gotten past Shugo. Fatigue or not. I thought you had a good shot against Lain and maybe Logic if you had enough gas left in the tank.

My phrasing was bad on the initial post, good **** though Judo. Really. It seemed like a lot of the MW got exposed on Saturday though. Unfortunately.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
Judo would not have beaten Lain. Lain dry ***** snakes for free (whom Judo uses vs ICs now apparently.) and smacks Tutu around like the little Princess he is.

<3 Sailor Princess Twenty-Two.

And vs my ICs in friendlies, I was winning most of the games we (Judo and I) played when he went Zelda. BUT, his snake beats up on me for free tho. As can be seen from our pools set. ;;

Judo777

Smash Master
Judo would not have beaten Lain. Lain dry ***** snakes for free (whom Judo uses vs ICs now apparently.) and smacks Tutu around like the little Princess he is.

<3 Sailor Princess Twenty-Two.

And vs my ICs in friendlies, I was winning most of the games we (Judo and I) played when he went Zelda. BUT, his snake beats up on me for free tho. As can be seen from our pools set. ;;
I don't think Lain would go IC's on me tho (at least that's what he has said in the past) and I think I have a good shot at beating his MK. Also we were going pretty close to even in friendlies with Zelda lol although I got to say props to roller for being the first person I have played to consistently CG Yoshi.

As far as Zelda vs IC's go Zelda has some nice tools to keep IC's out (just don't be stupid and get repetative [rule of fighters in general]). And the best thing going for her is she has some of the best tools in the game for ****** Nana (din's fire, lightning kicks, uair and dair). But the best thing about learning Zelda is using her as a back up for CP's.

In the crews people thought I made a mistake starting off as Zelda vs Kain, but I actually did that on purpose and transformed first thing and took a hit. That way after I took Kain's last stock, when someone switched in on me and possibly go IC's (which Fino did), I would already be Zelda ready for the fight. This was actually not necessary as Fino CPed FD giving me the option to switch (so starting as Zelda against Kain wasn't necessary) however I stayed Zelda because if I went Snake, he would go Olimar and **** me. Still when you're bad MU's are characters that can kill you with 1 grab its nice to be able to start off as Zelda (in maybe a double blind situation) just to be safe and transform and take a hit if they don't pick those characters.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Well you already know I've practiced the ICs v Zelda super extensively and I was demoralized by ESAM's ICs over and over because of issdi being able to nullify Fsmash and then I have no landing options. Makes me so sad...

You should use Sheik!!!!!

Also there were 2 new Sheiks at the last tournament one was tasty, the other was Red.

They're both really good, esp Red, I played him a few weeks ago and I saw mass improvement at this. He's really smart about the game in the way he plays and can go a really long way from just a little advice.

He also lurks the boards. I know you're there l0l

RED6

Smash Apprentice
You should use Sheik!!!!!

Also there were 2 new Sheiks at the last tournament one was tasty, the other was Red.

They're both really good, esp Red, I played him a few weeks ago and I saw mass improvement at this. He's really smart about the game in the way he plays and can go a really long way from just a little advice.

He also lurks the boards. I know you're there l0l
o.o lol. Tutu talkin me up <3 haha. It was awesome gettin to play with you again btw. Hopefully I can get some vids on here soon to get some critiqueing done.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I will get a first place medal! >:D

I like the new op. Easy for us to see how fellow sheik mains are doing

yoooooo

spoiler tags are really annoying(mostly because i don't know how and didn't want to look it up), and i worded it well enough that it wont ruin anything.

and lets be honest... if I had put a spoiler tag you would have clicked anyway <_____<

Jiveturkey

Smash Cadet
I haven't played sheik in tournament, and I haven't played in a tournament in about a month. I have been training with nothing but sheik for this entire duration though, and I was wondering for when I do go to my next tourney what are going to be some of the biggest differences to get used too between training/CPUs and actual competitive play (sheik specific). That seems like a rather difficult question to ask, but any advice I am grateful for. :D. I want to main sheik now with the MK ban that is why I switched.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Sooooooo I've decided to co-main Sheik along with my D3. So I guess I'll be lurking around here.

So hi. ^_^

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I haven't played sheik in tournament, and I haven't played in a tournament in about a month. I have been training with nothing but sheik for this entire duration though, and I was wondering for when I do go to my next tourney what are going to be some of the biggest differences to get used too between training/CPUs and actual competitive play (sheik specific). That seems like a rather difficult question to ask, but any advice I am grateful for. :D. I want to main sheik now with the MK ban that is why I switched.

DI
good spacing
proper application of moves (aka where CPU snake would throw out random nairs that would always make him super punishable, pro snakes will stay grounded 80% of the time, and use nairs so they don't lag, etc.)
reads, as opposed to reacting to your vulnerable/cooldown frames like CPUs do
an offstage game that exists (mostly in recovery, since CPUs are pretty bad at recovering)
good use of character traits (ex. good human ICs will use desynchs and juggle traps to their advantage)
effective camping, if the character is capable

Basically, depending on the region/skill level you're playing in, you might be in for a bumpy ride lol.

Edit: Your location says TX. That's a pretty tough region, if you run into Gnes, Ultimaterazer, Trela, and some others. The three mentioned are arguably the best players for their characters.

Jiveturkey

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the advice. I was looking for more sheik specific than general CPU vs player differences. For example CPU jigglypuff gets killed at 65ish % everytime from ftilt to up smash. I imagine a player would be able to get out of that. I play in the dfw area, and gnes, razer, and trela are from Houston. diddy is one of the matchups I was looking to benefit from however because shiek seems to be able to control items decently well, and DDD wasn't cutting it. :p. I guess I just may need to do some friendlies at a smashfest, or alot before a tournament before it starts getting used to making reads with shiek. I tried reading the whole forum on ftilt, but I wasn't exactly sure how it works, maybe I should seek advise in there too. :). I'll also get some videos for critique as soon as I get some decent play in. Like I said right now is just CPUs and my wife lol.

iLight

Smash Lord
I used to use CPU's to practice how fast I could move around the stage while fighting, I would just practice moving super fast + powershielding everything regardless of character/stage

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm going to APEX, but I'm staying with others rather than it being my room to give unfortunately.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
K.

Round trip for me is like 350 so housing needs to be free or relatively cheap because I don't know if I can afford a $700 trip lmao.

Or justify it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He started a long time ago, like somewhere between late 08 and mid 09 I think. Barely used her in tourney compared to Marth though, afaik.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
He had a pretty good match v. ADHD recorded as sheik, it's gone now though.

He's been using her for a looooong time, but he didn't upload many vids of him in general b/c he was afraid of his opponents learning his playstyle or something like that lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
She also isn't nearly as good as Marth probably has something to do with it too. But at this point, I'm just saying what everyone already knows.

I do remember the ADHD match kind of vaguely. I feel like vs Diddy isn't absolutely awful and watching Judo play MW Diddies and Earth vs Gnes from G2 makes it look at least hopeful.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I sorta like Sheik v. Diddy, almost as much as I like Lucario v. Diddy (well, unless I'm playing Felix-level on up, then it's really dumb)

always sorta helpful that when they pull out bananas you get a free opportunity to shoot needles at them for it.

iLight

Smash Lord
I sorta like Sheik v. Diddy, almost as much as I like Lucario v. Diddy (well, unless I'm playing Felix-level on up, then it's really dumb)

always sorta helpful that when they pull out bananas you get a free opportunity to shoot needles at them for it.
You just need to hit Trela/Azen lvl and up with lucario, then Lucario vs Diddy won't be so bad =]

Top Bottom