• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Judo777

Smash Master
Yo ed in one of the threads I asked you something a while ago and never saw if you got an answer. It was in a match with an Ike I believe. You did something at the beginning of the match that I have been trying to figure out how to do for forever. It looks like you did it on accident (because I think it lost you some stage control) but if you DID do it on purpose I was curious if you knew how.

You were (I think) attempting a b-reverse needle on the stage, but you (I think) messed up and didn't switch your momentum but still got the backwards toss (all out of a run) causing you to slide off backwards while to threw them (canceling your toss I think which I don't think you wanted because the needles were helping). I have done something similar before and if I could learn how it would be great.

Btw Lucario is an awesome character. Why don't more people play him?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yo ed in one of the threads I asked you something a while ago and never saw if you got an answer. It was in a match with an Ike I believe. You did something at the beginning of the match that I have been trying to figure out how to do for forever. It looks like you did it on accident (because I think it lost you some stage control) but if you DID do it on purpose I was curious if you knew how.

You were (I think) attempting a b-reverse needle on the stage, but you (I think) messed up and didn't switch your momentum but still got the backwards toss (all out of a run) causing you to slide off backwards while to threw them (canceling your toss I think which I don't think you wanted because the needles were helping). I have done something similar before and if I could learn how it would be great.

Btw Lucario is an awesome character. Why don't more people play him?
-Because he's half a character until 75-100%
-People don't like his startup frame speed and theorycraft him down to Kirby/Ike level (although imo the startup speed isn't too terrible compared to the traits he gains in return, like really long lasting attacks and relatively good range and cooldown).
-And his recovery is doo-doo (although his other traits sorta help him from being totally bad offstage) :p
-People like either a really good projectile or a really good zoning/approach game, which Lucario doesn't serve either particularly well.
-Most lucarios don't play like Trela/Azen, aka play boring (junebug comes to mind, although he's been getting faster lately).

I like him because he's a character with both combo potential and hard-hitter rolled into one (sometimes both at the same time), and he can still facilitate an offensive playstyle (imo Sheik, Peach, Lucario, Marth, and ZSS are among the decent characters that can still take on an aggressive method fairly effectively)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sheiks going to Apex, up for a character crew battle, Ike vs Sheik? (or you can opt for Sheilda and make a crew with the Zeldas)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Junebug is the best Lucario though.
Primarily because he knew the most important MU in the game much better. Trela's not too far behind in results though (if anything, he's been more active), and he's starting to finally understand the MU better.

It's kinda cool though because due to their very opposite playstyles, they also sorta learn new stuff from each other. Kinda reminds me of this, if you pardon the DBZ reference:

Judo777

Smash Master
Primarily because he knew the most important MU in the game much better. Trela's not too far behind in results though (if anything, he's been more active), and he's starting to finally understand the MU better.

It's kinda cool though because due to their very opposite playstyles, they also sorta learn new stuff from each other. Kinda reminds me of this, if you pardon the DBZ reference:

Lol its so funny that knowing one MU better MAKES you a better player in this game. And people think MK doesn't overcentralize the game. Name best player of a character, now name the best player of a character at the MK MU. If they aren't the same name I will be REALLY REALLY surprised.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Judo: I wish I knew. I think it was a B-reversed needle without the wavebounce.

Both of those Lucarios are nasty. Hopefully I can play them at apex.

@Ussi: Sheiks! ASSEMBLE!

:phone:

Judo777

Smash Master
@Judo: I wish I knew. I think it was a B-reversed needle without the wavebounce.

Both of those Lucarios are nasty. Hopefully I can play them at apex.

@Ussi: Sheiks! ASSEMBLE!

That's what it is. But I have no idea how to execute that on the ground. How do you do a turn around B on the ground? If you hit back first you will do a dash pivot.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Try a light input on the dash. Like when you run on an edge without falling off. I actually gotta experiment with it as well because I've no clue.

I know exactly what your saying, the top Japanese Pits do it all the time, and I try to replicate it. Maybe you have to knock the control stick back after you bstick? Idk, lets try and get this down.

clowsui

Smash Legend
secrets, secrets are no fun

so i will share with everyone:

judo is considering going to apex, at least from what we've discussed today (very briefly).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have a newfound appreciation for the forward tilt and how abusable it is if I stop hopping around trying to rack up damage with aerials alone.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Me too. I'm also really loving utilt too, I love how at low percents you can almost always get a dash grab and it beats everything above you (including dodges). And it still does good damage to boot.

I'm trying to get ff fair -> spotdodge down so that I can do the ff fair w/o getting shield grabbed, but it seems really difficult and frame tight.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
:/
I've been prasing utilt for years >: (

utilt combos into itself at percent where ftilt doesn't combo.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm not mad...
In all honesty I prob mentioned it like twice... utilt is invul at the begining on that extended leg beats pretty much everything in the game.
one of sheiks most damaging moves INCLUDING smashes.
combos at low percents
sets ups really well at medium percents (similar to how our throws do)

ftilt is AMAZING a great poke people underestimate that part of it i think. that ftilt range has a lot of power against a lot of characters. espeacially when you are doing it from behind them.

jab, similarly is a really powerful (though again situational) poking tool.

there are a lot of match ups where walk up jab or walk up ftilt are huge.

I misspelled praising...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I find ftilt better in front against certain characters, like Falco, than behind. Properly spaced, it's safe from shieldgrabs, but hitting Falco's shield from behind just gets you bair'd. Besides that, though, I think finding ways to punish with ftilt is a far stronger pursuit than finding ways to approach/pressure with ftilt.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
full spaced ftilt falco shouldn't be able to punish with bair, but yeah I know what you mean. some upBs and bairs can mess up your day. if you get too ftilt happy.

only tethers can reliably grab ftilt from in front

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
UTilt is like my favourite move ever.

I always notice that whenever I try to incorporate FTilt into my game, I start to get really really bad really really fast. I only really use it for like... Falco's phantasm at low-mid %s for a free USmash.

Top Bottom