• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ActiveGamers:Coast2Coast (REGISTER ONLINE BY THURSDAY 9/24 TO AVOID FEES!) 9/26 & 27

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
you kids don't know what you're talking about when it comes to hard pools. Pound 3, round 3 singles pools... ugggghhhhh

Singles Pools Round 3 (entered as Azn_Lep)
Defeated Alukard 2-0
Lost to Azen 1-2
Lost to Chu 1-2
Defeated Swiftbass 2-1
Lost to Wobbles 1-2
Lost to Forward 0-2
Lost to Sliq 1-2
Placed 6 out of 8

get ***** me.

originally M2K was in it, but they realized that was a bit too ridiculous

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah Swiftbass, Alukard, and Sliq are by no means pushovers either. all in all though it was a fun pool. I think i'd rather get a death pool and play a bunch of great players than get an easy pool and go 0-2 in brackets cuz i didn't deserve to be there

HugS™

Smash Lord
I've been lucky enough to avoid death pools for the entirety of my Melee career.

Pretty cool.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i remember that pool

Lost to Azen 1-2
Lost to Atlus 1-2
Lost to Evilnemesis 1-2
Lost to s-royal 1-2
Lost to Wobbles 1-2

took a game off every1 haha

edit: oh yeah this will probably be my last brawl tournament. Don't feel the rush like I used to anymore. Either going back to maylay baybee or something else

vidjogamer

Smash Master
What about for cheap airfares? Isn't long beach or something cheaper? Me and M2K are planning on coming if possible (MiB interferes with this date so it's not guaranteed yet I'm just looking into it) and we're trying to get the cheapest good tickets possible.

MacD

Banned via Administration
john wayne airport (SNA) in orange county might be good

it's only like 30 min or so away and i'm sure someone in 949 could get/house you on friday

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
looks like im getting sponsored in melee
300$ check here i come

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm not too sure vidjo, I honestly wasn't aware there was a long beach airport. Only an LAX airport and an orange county airport (Mentioned above).

Contrary to popular belief, major airports are not always the most expensive, so I'd keep the convenience of LAX in mind.

Look forward to seeing you guys on the WC again. Hope you can make it.

TP

Smash Master
What will you guys do if M2K wins both sponsorships? Have Ally and Shiz (or whoever) rock-paper-scissors for the other one? :laugh:

:034:

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
What will you guys do if M2K wins both sponsorships? Have Ally and Shiz (or whoever) rock-paper-scissors for the other one? :laugh:

:034:
what happens if m2k comes and gets 2nd in melee and brawl?

does someone else get a sponsorship for does he get double or what
LoL someone brought that up to me earlier, I'm trying to figure out what to do with that.

Like if he can only get 1 sponsorship, who gets the other one? the guy from melee or brawl?
If he is good enough to win it in both, does he deserve to get double the sponsorship @ 600$ a month?

Decisions decisions. I'll clear it up soon.

Maybe they should give an extra bit, like an extra $50/100 dollars or something.

I mean, say they use the 300 for traveling and entering tournaments. They would use say 200 for travel and 100 for tourneys. if they're traveling to a tournament that has both events, they don't really need the extra "travel" money -- they just need more money to enter tournaments. I think maybe 100/150 would actually be better.
So if M2K won both events, he'd end up with a 400/450 check.

*shrug*
I think it makes sense, heh

Kira-

Smash Champion
edit 2 - *** im dumb lmao

edit - so hugo took 9 stocks off of KDJ, M2K, and PC

Atlus8

Smash Master
Kira thought the tourny was this month! He said it was held on Wednesday/Thursday and that his school term starts that week! Now he edited his post because he doesn't wanna look stup!d!

HugS™

Smash Lord
Actually we are having a tournament this month, August 29/30, we're just having trouble figuring out how to advertise it while we are advertising our big one :/

and LOL @ Kira.

Top Bottom