• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT - Edmonton, Alberta - July 12, 08

Levi5

Smash Ace
God da9mn, my fuc9king blister broke in the last ten minutes of my shift and it ****ing hurts, I'm so fuc9king angry righ tnow I could release the motherfuc9king fury, but i wont

MagnuM

Smash Ace
So it looks like I'll be teaming with my brother if he does indeed show up. Perhaps add him to the list on the first page (MagnuM's bro would do fine).

I didn't read the past umpteen pages because I could just imagine Brad having every second post and me wanting those precious seconds of my life back!

Everyone have fun tomorrow! Should be great!

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I will hopfully be there around 11:00 with a TV, Wii and VCR, but I just want to know if I have to bring a tape for the VCR.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Shoutouts

Everyone - Brawl is a silly game.

Just as a side note.
I may hold a "tourney" in august.

It will be a tourney/Barbeque at my place.
It will be invite only (you may ask me for invites tho)
It will probably have characters banned (for brawl only) (I'm actually not joking)
It will have alchoholic beverages (probably)
It will be fun

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Well, that was a fun tournament. Everything went really smooth, for the most part. We were a bit behind schedule, but we still managed to finish all 4 events even with the incredibly slow Melee Doubles that were supposed to go by the fastest of all events.

Results thread will be coming soon. I'm tired right now and I'll have to retype the Melee Doubles paper results on to Tio so that I can give you guys some clear screenshots.

P.S. No more laserpointers next time, guys. :)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
yea he pulled that garbage on me to, except I was T.link! Imagine a world where T.link can't use projectiles... Now realize it in Luigi's mansion :\. I regret not going lucario or even pikmin.

raszgaal

Smash Rookie
Good games guys, my peach didn't fare as well as I hoped but I had some good practise against different styles and characters =o I also learned how crappy weegee's mansion can be lol

Anoir actually only played zelda, I think you got the wrong person AfterDawn o_o

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Great games guys, i had a great time even though I couldn't stay for the Melee events.

Looking forward to the results thread!

Oh, i'll also post some vids of Levi later too. ^^;;

Anoir

Smash Rookie
yea he pulled that garbage on me to, except I was T.link! Imagine a world where T.link can't use projectiles... Now realize it in Luigi's mansion :\. I regret not going lucario or even pikmin.
Yeah I only played a projectile spamming Zelda man (except for one match I used wolf) and I never layed on Luigi's mansion. I think someone must have just used my name tag.

But I had an awesome time playing everybody but was honestly surprised and happy about the lack of snakes at the tournament.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Too many ****ing metaknights though.

All three of my tourney matches were against metaknight(well Lemon used peach once, but that didn't go any better for me...)

Wish I could've gotten more friendlies in - I only got five sets :(

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
@ Stevo

Plz to be not banning any characters if you do a tourney. That'd be ridiculous.

That being said, I'd love to come to this shibang of a bbq if I get invited. :p It'd be fun.

------

Sounded like ADAT was a complete and total success.

Hope you guys had a great time.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Tyler you mean Colin. Yes he spams PK thunder a lot, and i am freaking scared of it :(, that shi- is 1 hit KO. It can even a match up so fast GOD.

Also I guess I should say some things.

First of all, Thank-you everyone for showing up you actually did, it really made my first hosting experience exciting, and fulfilling. When me and Tyler thought up this idea, we didn't think we would get such a turnout, and thought it would be just a lame second class tournament. But then confirmation after confirmation it added up to be one hell of a tournament. It was kinda of an eye opener to me, in how hard it was actually to get people to listen, like at CT4 the second Carl's voice was heard everyone stfu'd, but with me it was kind of a huge delay, and not everyone understood wtf was going on. I don't know if it was just me or if I was doing something wrong, but I think if we do this again, I may get like a microphone or something xD. That sums it up for now, my shoutouts will come out on the results thread.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Those were fun, I really enjoyed the tournament except for:

good games

except brad

LUIGIS MANSION COME ON
Fo srs, even you have to admit Brad that was a huge camp fest. Next time I use Marth definitely more counter.

GG's EVERYONE.

P.S: NEEDS MOAR RESULTS.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Good games everybody. (I am the Colin who was at the tournament; I don't often post on smashboards.)

I played one game on Luigi's Mansion. The stage is a good way to practice your teching skills.

Stevo

Smash Champion
LOL sorry spindash, if I was hosting a brawl tourney, I would ban some characters. However, since that post ive decided brawl is not a tourney worthy game. I might hold a melee/bbq in august instead tho.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
LOL sorry spindash, if I was hosting a brawl tourney, I would ban some characters. However, since that post ive decided brawl is not a tourney worthy game. I might hold a melee/bbq in august instead tho.
I'd give you an arm and a leg to go to that.

Melee AND a BBQ? HOLY ****.

kithkin

Smash Champion
>_> announcing an invitational, lol.

Also, Yes its campy ****, learn to break the house if you're gonna jump into the pillars every time. Basically learn stages = (not to be a ****, but no johns guys)

Stevo can ban who he wants, besides you play sonic, what do you care.

edit: Also, yeah lol go ahead and counter KillLock, we'll see if that works. I mean, yeah cause thats unstoppable.

Top Bottom