• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT Results Thread

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
So I've been spending an obnoxious amount of time piecing together the Brawl singles brackets... Anyways here's what I've got done so far:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8595/backetrrn5vl7.gif

It's harder than you might think...

Yes there's some areas that are a bit messed up, such as Levi's matches. (Either Brad or Levi had misinformation) Also I'm not sure how Sid had a round with Afterdawn X, let alone 7 matches.

but yeah... It would have been impossible to remake with TIO, so MS paint worked wonders.

updated

Levi5

Smash Ace
I beat one more person prior to losing to kevin, it was yasz ( i think) the peach player

kithkin

Smash Champion
Your problem is they're placed in the wrong area, Ermine was near the very bottom, So basically switch alphicans and Dans groups with eachother. That would solve the levi problem. because evey name you have written for me is right. Thats exactly how it went down.

Also, any chance of videos (matches)?

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
In the bracket, I was at the very top with a bye. Lemon was below me.

When I lost, I moved to the D position on the bracket where I played Vitality, then Killock knocked me out next round. Also, I watched Vitality's match before mine and he wasn't playing AD - he was versuing some white guy with dirty blond hair or something. I believe he was Marth.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Tio changes where the losers bracket slots are, just a warning.

Also, God****it, I know this Kevin and Levi were near the bottom, Dan was 3/4. Whatever though, doesn't matter so long as you get it right.

edit: after looking at your bracket.

Carl lost to Mike in losers. so you've got it wrong there.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info...sweet, looks like I'm redoing half the bracket

Still need killLocks first match, and if possible the name of Colin's second opponent..

In the bracket, I was at the very top with a bye. Lemon was below me.
The position to that extent doesn't matter, you could interchange either set and it wouldn't have any effect on the results.

Edit: Yay.

Now to figure out how levi got from Round 2 losers to Round 4 losers

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8595/backetrrn5vl7.gif

Levi5

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah kevin is right, I played the peach player after I went into losers. I remember because he was waiting for me at my station after playing vs wolf, which is yosharo

:3

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
ya basically i lost to dan first round, won a few rounds in losers (i dont recall everyone i played there) and then lost to kithkin. hope u can find my place with that info!

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
First round: I won against Zack?(i think that's what his name was)
Second: Dan kicked my butt =]

Third , in losers, I played... someone, I don't remember the name, but he played Peach. and I lost.

Frio

Smash Champion
Solaris my first match was with a guy named john I think and my one before colin was with anoir which i won

raszgaal

Smash Rookie
(Rasz)

First match I lost in 3 to colin
Second I won in 2 to Metah
Third I won in 3 to xpiritflare
Fourth I lost in 3 to Levi

kithkin

Smash Champion
Seriously, I told you, reverse Dan and Kevins eighths, thats how it was.

Also, may I repeat, on a bracket generated in tio, the places on the losers bracket (ABCDWHATEVER) those things that people get moved to? they arn't always the same. FYI, you may have to manually move them.

anyways, bracket theory. seriously.

edit: K you know what? Move Carl and Lukes section, reverse it with it's other side so that none of the matches change, but Carl ends up where he's supposed to be.

Make sense?

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware of the letters and i'm making all the links manually with MS paint, so dont worry. (acually the whole thing was done manually, TIO would have made things 100 times more hellish)

Edit: Wow, I switched you and Mike around and suddenly everything was able to fall into place, lol.

Here's what I've got now:

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2913/backetrqu9xw8fh7.gif

updated

1: SuperBoom
2: Kithkin
3: Solaris
4: LemonLau
5: Alphicans
5: Ermine
7: Mike
7: Colin
9: Levi5
9: Frasier
9: Frio
9: KillLock
13: Raz
13: FalseFalco
13: Anoir
13: DMK
17: xpiritflare
17: ? (Either Kerm, someone who forfeited, or the person that lost to carl in round 1)
17: Yoshara
17: ??? (Person that won against Metah in round 1)
17: Afterdawn
17: nate
17: TopDog
17: Vitality
25: Metah
25: Kerm
25: Mason
25: Zack
25: MagnuM
25: John
25: Logan
25. Stu

kithkin

Smash Champion
You also moved Dan <3

Ok, all the add-ons were actually funny.

I think this is enough to cover at least top 12 people, and pretty much the next 4. which is pretty well good enough as for PR info.

So if people can confirm this I can start working on a brawl PR if anyone still cares.

Anoir

Smash Rookie
It looks good to me. The third guy i faced aka the ? on the top of the list was named nate.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
as a panelist, ive just finished creating my draft for the top 15.

brad isnt online, so im awaiting for him then.

probably will get done tonight, or maybe tomorrow.

kithkin

Smash Champion
it means you can feel good about yourself.

Carl is pretty good at brawl (actually he's very, but a lot of people are, so it's not as noticable)

Also, Pools. Pools Pools Pools.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
I find the lack of shoutouts in this "Results" thread disturbing...

I shamefully am the mystery man who lost to Killock in the first round of Brawl Singles and then subsequently was defeated by X AfterDawn X. I'd point out tough brackets and bad luck, but then again, I don't play Brawl except at tournaments now pretty much.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
Alright, time for my shoutouts! Don't run, I won't write a novel this time like I always do. I don't have to compete with Randall this time.

Well, I must say this was a very well organized and very fun event (and isn't that all that matters?). It is very encouraging that we have other smashers other than Carl that are willing to step up to the plate and deliver a smashing great tournament! Everything went smoothly and seemingly without a hitch, and we were well taken care of and fed! I loved the hotdogs, they were just plain addictive! It's great that you guys were able to get like parents and others volunteering and helping out, good stuff. I'd say you'd give Carl a run for his money when it comes to tourney quality, at least for your first one. The venue was also really good, but I must say, this tournament and this venue go down in the history books as the trippiest to date. Since I can't explain by words, I'll explain by pictures:

Weird Cats

Weird Dog

Psychotic Cats

Cats n' Dogs

Game Faces

Randomness

I mean, doesn't the whole place make you feel like you're on the biggest acid trip ever?

I always save the best for last. Here's a re-enactment of the weird children's art by Carl, Levi, and Dan (who wins best actor... if he was acting...):

Perfect Re-enactment

As for the tournament events themself, I think 4 tournaments to finish in one day is just way too much. Either the tournament is going to have to be split over a weekend over the course of two days, or one game or the other is going to have to be chosen. I'd also like to see pools in singles as you can really get screwed in your first two matches and finish LAST very easily *sigh*. Excuses aside, I guess I should play Brawl more than once every month. I really didn't do too fantastic in the Brawl tourneys, in fact, I don't even think I won a single Brawl tournament match. In Melee though, I was quite happy by my performance. But that all has to stem from my cataclysmic match with Sid Vicious, and the day I though I'd never see; me standing over Sid's defeated carcus for ONCE! After being knocked out of tournament after tournament by Sid for at least 5 to 6 consecutive times in Loser's Brackets, I finally got my ultimate revenge. More in the shoutouts below.

And now... the official shoutouts:

Sid - And why not start with the grudge match of the decade! As mentioned above, this man has brought shame to my name for at least the past 3-4 years after single-handedly knocking me out of at least 5-6 tournaments. We would always meet in the Loser's Bracket, like it was fate or something. The only break I ever got from a Loser's Bracket defeat was the first Red Deer tournament, when Sid lost to Tyson right before he was scheduled to face me next (God bless you Tyson!). Our first match begins with Sid's rabid Pikachu vs. my tipper-happy Marth. In characteristic fashion, I hit blow after blow with BS Stu Marth tippers and downsmashed my way to victory. I knew I may have just had some luck on my side as the first stage picked was Fountain of Dreams, one of my best stages. Sid gets counter pick next, and picks... MUTE CITY! Of all places he picks Mute City, one of my most despised maps, and a terrible map for Marth! Unsurprisingly, Sid is taking my *** to school for the first 80% of the match, until something happened... something snapped in my Marth. He became even more garbage-filled than he usually did as he turned on his hax! After being down at least a full stock, I managed to even the score left to one stock a piece. After exchanging blow after blow to each other, it was down to last hit basically at triple percentages on each side. Pikachu dashes! UPSMASH! Oh teh knows, a clean hit! But wait... WTF!? Marth... hits ... something!? Marth does not die? MARTH GETS ANGRY! He lands, grabs that Pika****, downthrows him and then TIPPERS HIS *** to death. It was the most satisfying mini-explosion sounds I have ever heard. Never had I felt such supreme elation hit me all at once. My fiend and arch-enemy Sid beside himself, collapsing in agony. It felt good... so **** good that I fist-pumped like I've never fist-pumped before. MagnuM advances in the Loser Bracket instead of the pre-assumed Lemonlau? The stars must have been aligned that night! For all of you that missed this match, you suck!

kithkin - I would have to say you have to be the dirtiest of MetaKnight players (and we're already talking dirty). First you have your cheap-*** MK-friendly counterpicks (Luigi's Mansion), then you have your deception about actually being a Bowser main, which you never whip out in a serious tournament match... you disgrace teh Boozer and all who fight for Low Tier glory! I don't even know who counters a MetaKnight... another MetaKnight? BORING! Anyways, you did good in the Brawl events, but I'd like to see you do that NOT using MetaKnight (like Bowser for instance)

SuPerbOoM - My only memories of you from the tournament involve you kicking my ***, and me being sad. Especially Smash 64, I felt totally belittled! Impressive performances in all events, and your re-enactment of the perverted dog on the wall should win you an Academy Award.

MikeMonkey - There is NO way you should be allowed to pull a tournament-cancel claiming work, or real life is more important! You know the motto, NO JOHNS! Because of your antics you were completely forgettable at this tournament to the point where I hardly remember you were there! Oh well, at least you didn't kick me off my chair this time.

FalseFalco - Must have been nice not having to worry about organizing and running the tournament and just focusing on playing it huh? The guys did a fine job too. You did predictably well once again, and I admire your courage to have Levi half mount you for the weird artwork re-enactment. Also, thanks a lot for making me stay an extra two hours waiting for Brawl Doubles to finish when I was already tired as f*** waiting for you to win first so I can drive you home! I need to find ways to hide better!

Koda (a.k.a. The Beaver Guy) - Not even the power of the lucky beaver could have helped us in Melee Doubles, but you have a good Pikachu and I had fun teaming with you. It was commendable courage to bring your Beaver, but next time I expect an even bigger one!

Levi - So conveniently "forgetting" about my Melee challenge. Nah just joking, I didn't make it a money match so it's easier to forget I guess. I missed your epic nosebleed. No one told me about it either when I returned. When I played on that TV, I saw this pool of dried blood on the ground. Not knowing the circumstances, I just thought that someone was a really poor loser and popped his adversary in the nose. What happened anyway? Are you on Accutane or some other drugs or something? Or were you just picking it? :urg:

Killock - Nothing makes you feel any more owned than getting your *** whooped while your opponent is being nice about it. Haha, j/k, even though you picked apart both my brother and I contributing to our early exit, you're a really nice guy and cool too. It was an honour.

Solaris - We didn't play but you took out my brother. You and Killock defeated my family, I call vendetta...

Beeble - BEEBLEEEEEEEE! You did amazing in Melee man! You've really gotten good lately. It was really fun teaming with you as the Mean Green Team. Our prehistoric Bowser vs. Yoshi match in Brawl is still long overdue. Keep playing the boot-wearing green dino!

Steve - You definitely win the award for best costume, or at least best hat. You and Travis with the whole sunglasses thing going on was pretty clever. Perhaps it worked as an intimidation factor. Seriously, a little more garbage constructively and creatively attached to your body could propel you into the upper ranks through the psychoness!

Travis - With rumours going around spread by MikeMonkey that you and Steve were actually extraterrestrial aliens from outer space, I thought the reason I haven't seen your existance for the past few years was because you had beamed back to your spaceship. Don't thing your disguise will work forver, the goverment is on to you...

X After Dawn X - Great job running this tournament. I faced you in Brawl Doubles in the Losers Bracket and our match was mighty close. I think it may have even went to last hit on the last round. I guess I gotta work on my clutch play!

Alphicans - You and After Dawn did a fanastic job running this tournament. It was well planned and well executed. I was very surprised at your Melee game and you ousting me out of my Melee streak in singles. Although I'm not the best at fighting Sheiks, I really thought I'd be able to take you out quite easily. I guess I should not underestimate you, but I'll need a counter to that **** Sheik. Yoshi?

Sho - It was really great seeing you again. You're always a challenge and our Bowser money-match was pretty close! That Bowser on Bowser action never gets old...

To whoever I may have forgotten, you have my full permission to hate me until I remember you and make a shout-out for you.

Well, another great tournament. It's really encouraging to see that we have more tournament organizers now than just Carl here in Edmonton and we can have this kind of fun more often than just once a year.

Have a good summer everybody!

kithkin

Smash Champion
I love those pictures, but more importantly, what is that pink squarish thing?! I wondered the whole time at ADAT.

Also in response, I set out to prove something at this tournament, I wanted to prove that in the original PR, everyone who complained about my spot needed to smarten up, they didn't play me, they don't know my level, and frankly, Alex told me to not let myself get held back.

And Stu, I used DK against Sid one match, and actually won. So =/ I used MK even in matches I was safe using anyone. I was just using MK all day.

I don't play bowser mcuh anymore, and I blame Alex, he pushed me away from playing bowser competitively, by talking sheer tiers.

I dunno, I had a goal this tournament, I'm sorry.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Wow, that picture...... yeah......

No, I'm not on any drugs. I just had a rare random nosebleed, I guess.

Top Bottom