• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I dunno, you have to remember that attendees will be split between day one and two so I still don't think the bracket's big enough. The larger entry is more of a good reason for oop players to attend since we don't quite have the same rep as Carl does for his tourneys. Most people would come regardless for CT5, but not really for our tourneys yet. Maybe for an ADAT3 or 4 though. I'll decide on some stuff tomorrow.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Kk, but at the same time, maybe some rep would be smarter to have before you up the price at the same time.

I can vouch for the tournament being good, but I may not be able to put down $100 >_<

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
If you guys really want, we could always down the singles price. Obviously the worse players are going to want it cheaper and the best players are going to want a higher price, but I'm open to any opinion, after all this tourney is for you guys and not us.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with the prices for singles solely because I don't have the money to throw around for this stuff. I want to go to this tournament to have fun and chill with some old friends, I don't care about a big pot. ADAT1 was my favourite tournament of all time, which is why I decided I should try and come back for round deuce.My problem here is I have to help pay for gas, miss all of my shifts for that week, pay for food and probz spot my brother because he can't find a job atm. I know it's not your guys' problem that money is tight, just wondering if you can cut it to a more affordable price.

I still don't know why you don't understand what I mean by Why can't semi finals be best 3/5. Tyler said we don't have enough people for it, and as an argument I asked why prices are listed such as they would be if this was a large tournament.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Well now that I'm thinking of the prices that out of city people have to pay for this, I guess it makes sense to change the price, considering only one person will get first place and also considering people come to have a good time and not necessarily just to win an event. Also, the economy sucks and no one has a job...

At this point I guess we can slim down singles price, nobody has opposed a $10 singles price yet anyway. Also I REALLY tried getting a cheap tourney entrance fee but $5 is the lowest we can go, especially since this is a two-day event. Any extra money we have from this will go towards paying off ADAT3, in fact if enough people come to ADAT2, then we might not even have an entry fee next year (but don't quote me on that).

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Well now that I'm thinking of the prices that out of city people have to pay for this, I guess it makes sense to change the price, considering only one person will get first place and also considering people come to have a good time and not necessarily just to win an event. Also, the economy sucks and no one has a job...

At this point I guess we can slim down singles price, nobody has opposed a $10 singles price yet anyway. Also I REALLY tried getting a cheap tourney entrance fee but $5 is the lowest we can go, especially since this is a two-day event. Any extra money we have from this will go towards paying off ADAT3, in fact if enough people come to ADAT2, then we might not even have an entry fee next year (but don't quote me on that).

Quoted, Just in case ;)

I have to bus into cow town then get a ride from there, so if ANYONE can pick me up, i'd be stoked for it.

also yes, the economy is in the toilet and money is hard to come by :(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The only way semi-finals wouldn't be big enough for a bo5 is if there were 16 people or less. Other than that I think bo5 winner's/loser's finals is always a good idea.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Supporting t-block with the $10. I don't think Carl will mind winning a smaller pot anyways. =P It's just Luke and Dan who are money-hungry for brawl.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
You only said that so you get a bigger paycheque :p
You don't even know, Dan used to (and still does) try to get a smash 64 tournament, and the only person who could take 1st from him is pretty much Isai.

It's roguh Boys, Smash is suffering from the economic depression.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Carl spent money on gas all the way to Sid's on Sunday and he even left his money behind, that's pretty good proof he cares about the fun more than the money

Then you have Dan...lol

"I might still play Melee on the side locally to earn some cash"

k gonna start reading the past two billion pages of responses that I've missed and I'll update the OP

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Double post (cause I need the bump):

OP has been updated. Levi, I took your advice and Dave's Stupid Rule is void for Finals. Also, the Singles entry fee has now been reduced to $10.00, hopefully more people enter now because of it (cough Bread).

Also, I read through all the Victor banning stuff and I can't believe some of you guys took that seriously, it was a joke. >_>

One more thing, do you guys think it would be okay if we allowed counterpick stages as neutrals for Low Tier? Levi brought it up as a suggestion, I'd be fine with it if you guys think it's okay, it's to bring more excitement to Low Tier.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Well...yeah, assuming we can still do Low Tier for Melee. I'm hoping we can get the city to inspect it on a different day so we still have enough time for it.

Edit: I just realized we only lose 2 hours from this inspection, we might be able to just go later into the night like we did with ADAT1 lol. Then we can still have Low Tier. :)

Double Edit: Yeah, we thought it over and we're not gonna do that counterpick-neutral thing with Low Tier lol, sorry

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
OMG REALLY ANDY? Dude do you know how long we smashed/hung out? Like 2 years xD

You seriously have to try to make it omg. I will buy you lunch and/or sex you up, which ever you prefer.

Also thanks for lowering the price Tyler. I was actually half-decided to whether I should join brawl or not.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
OH NOE!?! another brawl samus?
Thanks for lowering price :p it'll make things easier to come. also I'm pretty sur eI got another job(knock on wood) so I should be able to have enough money, whether the days off or not is the real problem lolol

EDIT: and ride

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
well at least there's a possibility of you coming now. <3

AND ANDY PLAYS SAMUS IN MELEE. 4LYFE.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Samusbrawler has something to say about that ;)

jk

Hope you can make it!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
OMG REALLY ANDY? Dude do you know how long we smashed/hung out? Like 2 years xD

You seriously have to try to make it omg. I will buy you lunch and/or sex you up, which ever you prefer.

Also thanks for lowering the price Tyler. I was actually half-decided to whether I should join brawl or not.
haha yeah i know it's been way to long victor >_<
Canada smashers are tight as hell

I laughed when i read "another brawl samus" lol. I only play good games o.O

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I like how Bob, Luke, Jack and Mark all posted after Andy posted that. haha

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Posting in a quality thread (god guys you are the least interesting posters in the world.)

P.S: Most of calgary still won't be entering half of the events lol.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Okay, I just got a cartload of awesome animal pictures today at the center.

Permission to submit said pictures?

Or should I go to Alberta Thread or something ;_;?

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
None of Red Deer seemed to mention it ever, and neither does calgary lol.

I don't think Red Deer realizes it's gon' get *****.

At the same time I'm the only one in calgary (maybe david too?) who knows Red Deer isn't bad anymore.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Lol I quadruple thaat hate? or are we on Quintuple?

Darren, don't even, I'll rock you >_>...I hope lol
xD
If you don't make it to this then I'm going to Banff
I need to reduce my hitlist :mad:

:p

Top Bottom