• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

Snake6523

Smash Ace
SKREM WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
wth Victor? you went to bed at like 2, how'd you post at 8:55?[/B]
There was free breakfast downtown + a parade to celebrate the opening of Westerner Days so I woke up early to go lol.

Nah it's like a 2 minute drive. By Jack's old place.
You Edmonton guys have to worst sense of distance ever.

quick update - i wont be able to make it.
The wife got a weekend off, for the first time in months and she booked it for the weekend of adat. I didnt know until today and she cant change it now. She wants to go visit some family in fort mcmurray for this weekend.

Sorry guys if this affects anyone. Was looking forward to coming but I won't be now.

Skrem
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

was that brad?
Yes it was, though broken hearted, that was indeed brad.

Hong Kong Disco

Smash Cadet
quick update - i wont be able to make it.
The wife got a weekend off, for the first time in months and she booked it for the weekend of adat. I didnt know until today and she cant change it now. She wants to go visit some family in fort mcmurray for this weekend.

Sorry guys if this affects anyone. Was looking forward to coming but I won't be now.

Skrem
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! *cry* T^T. But you're so awesome. WE'LL MISS YOU!!!!!!*cry*

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
quick Update - I Wont Be Able To Make It.
The Wife Got A Weekend Off, For The First Time In Months And She Booked It For The Weekend Of Adat. I Didnt Know Until Today And She Cant Change It Now. She Wants To Go Visit Some Family In Fort Mcmurray For This Weekend.

Sorry Guys If This Affects Anyone. Was Looking Forward To Coming But I Won't Be Now.

Skrem
IM ALLL OUT OF LOOOOVE, IM SO LOST WITHOUT YOUUUUUUUUU.

allcaps.

Hong Kong Disco

Smash Cadet
quick Update - I Wont Be Able To Make It.
The Wife Got A Weekend Off, For The First Time In Months And She Booked It For The Weekend Of Adat. I Didnt Know Until Today And She Cant Change It Now. She Wants To Go Visit Some Family In Fort Mcmurray For This Weekend.

Sorry Guys If This Affects Anyone. Was Looking Forward To Coming But I Won't Be Now.

Skrem
I'm So Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I Was Hoping To See You Again!!!! *cry*

dieslow

Smash Ace
can u up the entry to $15 for singles pls? make it more attractive for the out of provincers (OOP's?), who are btw, planning a long, long PACKED car ride.. 10+hours O_o.

just an extra $5 to the pot makes a huge difference for the total split.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well it was at 15 before but people wanted it to be 10. I'd be glad to put it back up to 15 but that would lose the interest of some of the people entering.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think the reason we wanted to lower it in the first place was because we weren't getting much outofprovince interest anyways, but now that there is, upping it to $15 shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

I don't mind.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
But i think we should keep it at 10. I don't really care if out of province players come. Except for ThePrime cause I haven't seen him in ages. <3

Lets keep it at 10. >8D

10hypocrites

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm serious though Luke, keep it at 10. =D

You BC players and your greediness.

(Don't listen to Dieslow! He's gonna bail. >8D)

Actually, I haven't seen Dieslow in a billion years. It'd be cool to meet him again.

dieslow

Smash Ace
cmon guys, whats an extra $5?
theres 2 carpools of BCers planning to go..

tbh this really determines if a few of us go or not, it gives incentive on a 20hour total car ride.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Keep it at 10 =[ like an hour worth of work right there if changed cause ima be entering both 8(

ps. I still need ride, you guys gunna lose a extra setup!!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
it's ok if you raise it to $15. I'll only have to go one week without food when i'm uni.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Yah keep it at 10. it will be alot more friendly for the brawl players entering melee and vice versa. It will mean another 20 bucks if i plan on entering all events which I did. I think you're gonna lose some of the crossover players with this increase. i vote 10, pLus I may have to pay for victras brawl entry :)

PS NOo0Oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0 Skrem now I need a new partner :(

PPS Victra do you wanna do a melee MM similar to our brawl one? I haven't played melee since brawl came out :) If I win(and I wont i play kirby) you pay my melee entry. How about it? If you win nothing but pride

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Victra do you wanna do a melee MM similar to our brawl one? I haven't played melee since brawl came out :) If I win(and I wont i play kirby) you pay my melee entry. How about it? If you win nothing but pride
heh sure, i'd love to. <3

aish

Smash Journeyman
I realized I don't have melee :D so anyone that isn't bringing a setup and has melee and a gc memory card bring it and stick it in my wii 8D still need a riiideee =(

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
Aish, if you need a copy of melee and a card I could loan you mine until I return, if you could promise me that you'll take good care of it and not lose/damage it :)

And again, I'm sorry - Last thing a man should do is choose video games over his wife. She'd never let me live it down.
Sorta sucks Bawlz tho, she owes me some luvin.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sorta sucks Bawlz tho, she owes me some luvin.
Literally. AMIRIGHT?

Seriously though, you're not choosing video games over your wife. Bros before hoes. The bond between two men is stronger than that between a man and a woman because on an average, men are stronger than women. That’s just science.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Brad post

BC/Dieslow: you are really greedy, really really greedy. because the only ay you benefit with an increased price is if you win(of course i`m not saying I don`t think you will) but if you didn`t $10 would make your trip cheaper, AND we just finished making it $10 for the sake of people who can hardly afford it and already know they won`t win.

I personally currently am only entering Melee Doubles, and maybe singles if I can find the money, everything if I can find enough for all of it. AND we just finished convincing all the brawl players to play melee, and it being cheaper is more respectful to them given we`re asking them to enter knowing they will probably not make it past round one.

Besides, jacking up the prices would probably mean less people (see; brawl players) would enter, and then the money in the pot would be less for you anyways, IF you win.

tl;dr **** you B.C. $10 is fine, I want to enjoy my time here. Whats $5? It's a lot to people who don't even plan to do well. Just suck it up and come, we'll miss you if you really can't come because of $5

Sincerely, Brad

edit: Spin-dash is an absolute dutch

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So on one side I have the good OoP people saying to jack up the prices so they will come and on the other side we have the average-good AB players saying to keep the price down. With one we have a more legit and hyped tourny, with the other the bracket is bigger but with a decreased pot.

Decisions, decisions.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
After reading brad's post, i'm going to have to agree with him.

It'd be nice to have just a local tournament for once. A really big one.

As much as it would be nice to have OoP people come, if they're not going to because of the decreased pot, then it's just too bad for them. I'm gonna have a lot of fun at this tournament not because of the money but because I get to meet so many awesome people again and I get to meet people I haven't met in person before. I'm sure it's the same for everyone else. Like Boston Pizza and the nights between the events will be so much fun. Plus, it'd be nicer to share the events and play matches with the entire community for once. I don't think any of us are going to these for money, except for Luke and Dan. I think we should stop worrying about how big the pot is and just do it for fun. Mango-mentality. =D

Seriously, as much as I hate to admit it, with brawlers entering melee and melee players entering brawl, we might find a point of coexistence, even if it's only for a weekend. I'm really looking forward to this.

So keep the admission down at $10. With or without OoP people, this is going to be one hell of a tournament. Actually putting some thought into this, I want this.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
So on the subject of housing...

Zeraph seems the only one for sure so far. I haven't heard from Connor/Zac yet.

Still spots on my floor. I'm thinking about having people over for friendlies on Sunday mayble? Before everyone goes back home?

Top Bottom