• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Additional dthrow information (#7)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
My controller sucks Susa, can't punish sometimes because it gets stuck or doesn't turn around.
It's sucked for months? =P

The fight I'm talking about is ****ing ages old and I forget the Wario you were facing. :laugh: I was studying you to try and learn the Wario matchup I remember most of that fight... XD

If so, why haven't you bought a new controller with all that prize money you've made. :laugh:

Pick up Snake again pl0x. We miss you baby.

etecoon

Smash Hero
he didn't drop snake he just uses MK/wario/marth and possibly a few others now too lol

SuSa

I see his icon is MK not Snake.

Joke or not I want it back.

Or some random Melee character works too.

Anyways.. let's try not to get off topic... =P

<-- Needs to hook up my wii, apparently everyone either can't test or won't test. =[ **** you guys.

I claim stupidity johns for not bringing a wii to college. If you wait until early december SuSa, I will have results for you by then :)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I would help you but Junior year in College has become extremely busy, hardly even have time for smash but not that I really care now I've moved on to better and more productive things, expect me back during breaks when I'm out of college looool.

SuSa

I'm not busy, so much as lazy.

Seriously, I have a 4 input switcher thingie with 3 empty slots and a power chord right next to the TV. My issue is unhooking the wii from the living room and bringing it to my room. XD

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Dtilt vs mk ? lol i hardly ever use d tilt theres always better options that give u better follow ups or more % , u said if mk is running towards u d tilt there are FAR better options if a mk is going to just run towards u for a grab or w/e.

1. if a mk runs towards you , depending on what your doing when he is running towards u do that option obviously , holding a nade = grab with nade and lead it to a tech chase depending on explosion time left on the nade or if you have no nade out either grab normally or f tilt , 21% > 10% from a dtilt which kinda sucks anyway? + the f tilt knocks them back further than the d tilt if they sheild / more sheild pressure , your suggestion of using d tilt in this position vs mk was stupid in my opinion

2. holding a granade often makes a mk think about atacking you until they get that opening where they wont get blown up , sometimes if an mk is aproaching on the ground hold the nade throw it up ( yea hold back release b u know wot i mean) theyl try get under that nade alot fo the time to punish the little lag of releasing the nade , alot of the time there keeping the distance and try to quickly run in and punish if there not fast enough (miss read how long they got to punish it belive me it happens quite a bit in this mu) you can just dacus really quick and get that 11% or even kill them depending on the % + get away safely if they manage to sheild it or not..

3. get that port 4 u never know when things will **** you over

4. tech chasing mk when he rolls behind you : predicting the roll to a d air ally showed me how effective this was when i first saw him use it kills early and does 29% if all hits land when this move is used its gaurenteed 16% providing u dont mess up (move away from oponent) after the 3rd hit they can just sdi out and some people have masterd getting out of the d air 95% of the time such as players like Kasper who i play on a monthly basis (europes best falco) so d air isnt that effective vs him now altho at low %'s if i use d air he can punish the lag after the 3rd hit providing he sdi's out but at high % it will knock him up in the air and hes unable to punish letting snake try get a airdodge read /follow up for a kill or hit, same applys for vs mk obviously i was just giving an example of vs some1 who can smash di it everytime.

other tech chasing predictions : after a d throw you get alot of people who stay stil on the ground hoping youll predict the do a forward roll or mybe just to make your sheild go down a bit.. predict this none movment after the d throw with either a jab to f tilt (works on some chars some chars are to small for the jab to actually hit but for mk it works (obviously) if your vsing some1 like marth lets say , a dthrow and he stays on the ground , if ur right infront of him the 1st hit of ftilt wont hit but the 2nd will (u have to be a bit of a distance after d throwing marth for both hits of f tilt to hit) so i often just use d air if i predict my oponent wil just lay on the ground straight after the d throw it works really well.

If your oponent gets up atack obviously sheild it re grab , or punish with f tilt/up tilt depending on there % if you can kill and your sheild if you can take another hit to it or you can always mindgame them with a low sheild into get up atacking and spot dodge there get up atack of course then go for another re grab or whatever u want

As for metaknight rolling forward his roll isnt that good u can still mybe react to it with a dacus and hit sometimes depending on what the mk does (doesnt sheild isnt fast enough after the roll or something) but whenever a char rolls forward its just about prediction.

5. When a mk down throws you at low % , di down and away from the mk tech the floor i always go for a standup tech rather than a roll direction tech so when they run to try re grab or follow it up you can instantly up tilt, f tilt or mybe even grab the mk , obviously dont keep get up tech roll sometimes too to stop being predictable.

i dono i write this because im bored and see some stupid suggestions in this thread in what to do in the mu , i only gave basic info but mybe it will help some other snakes who dont place so good out

SuSa

You didn't understand the dtilt comment vs ftilt.

Range is important and ftilt isn't safe on block. You're assuming you're going to hit with ftilt, which if you know you are NO **** it's better than dtilt because you're getting the 2nd hit off.

Someone suggested utilt when they dash at you and are far away. Dtilt has better range and slightly less end lag... meaning it'd be the better option over utilt. They also said to ftilt if you can space it perfectly, which requires stupidly good timing and reaction speed.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
doesnt utilt have way more shield stun/lag (whichever one it is) than dtilt, making it harder to punish?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Utilt is safer on hit. Hitting with anything but the tip of dtilt will prob get grabbed on shield, but hitting with the tip you can avoid the grab and will hit with dtilt again if they tries to grab. So use dtilt over utilt for the horizontal range, or to avoid aerials and punish.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Disclaimer: pretty much wrote this when I sucked at dthrow tech chasing, thought it was cool that you could slow down a couple and duck some others. I usually only use dtilt from jab1 -> dtilt as a surprise mixup for killing. I could kinda see it being used as a tech chase attack option though, although kinda inferior in the sense that dtilt is probably a little safe for a lot less reward + still can get a lot of risk/prone to shield, plus you have to deal with the potential lag of the move. dtilt is pretty cool in the Falco MU imo though, since you can dtilt while holding a grenade that gives you a couple of options near him I guess.

oh yeah today I was messing around as my main and I accidentally DI'd utilt into the ground and canceled me being killed pretty much. utiltisnowabadkillmoveonoeswe'regonnadie.

jk

dair is a great tech chase option, although like nair will soon outlast its usefulness when people learn to get out. I also learned that imo the hardest to get a regrab (not ftilt/utilt though, it's easy to do those on this option) is if they roll behind. After getting consistent w/ boost grab, reading the forward roll option became less of a "reading effort" and more reactionary since I could get the fluid motion out of shield even if they tried to buffer a spotdodge after getting up from the roll).

SuSa

Disclaimer: pretty much wrote this when I sucked at dthrow tech chasing, thought it was cool that you could slow down a couple and duck some others. I usually only use dtilt from jab1 -> dtilt as a surprise mixup for killing. I could kinda see it being used as a tech chase attack option though.
Duck some others? Explain.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yume looked it over. We can duck under some getup attacks, which although isn't as beneficial as shield (since this is universal and shield is still kinda BS in Brawl obv.). I forgot to mention that it was getup attacks you can duck lol. The problem is all the getup attacks you can duck amount to like 4 iirc and they're all sucky characters lol XD

SuSa

If you can remember, I want that list. It's important to me.

I'm assuming Falcon, Samus, and Ganon due to their getup attacks being more mid-height based (they kick their feet up in the air and hit both directions) but the 4th may be useful.

Anything helps in my opinion, sucky characters or not. If it helps me tech chase them, it helps. I almost dropped a match to a Falcon in Pools back at Active Gamers National. So being cocky because it's against "bad characters" is never a good excuse.

SuSa

What scares me is I think he retested that information about which direction people attack in first.

When I already had a thread with that information.

Other than that, Ganon and Samus... awesome...

Nice thinking about slopes, but I honestly... well... the few stages I can see it happening on would be so stupidly situational, and the slope would have to be "slope-ee" enough that data collecting could be screwed up and memorizing exactly how much of a slope it is for characters would be a pain in the ***.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
i didnt actually test anything lol, I started working on my Falco right after making that thread double lol.

But I think its worth going through that thread, some interesting stuffs have being posted there (Underload's unfinished jab lock project, info about charging a smash making you lighter, stickying tricks, uairing on slopes, buffering, and other stuffs that ive forgotten)

SuSa

" info about charging a smash making you lighter"

It just increases knockback, has pretty much been known since Brawl's release. It's also why I never charge smashes unless absolutely needed, and why I c-stick all my smashes otherwise.

Jab's hitbox is stupid for jab locking....

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
yeah it's Ganon Falcon Samus and...

I forgot lol

it's in that "We got **** to do" thread.

edit:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10925870&postcount=18

Unfortunately for you, it seems that C.F. doesn't have one you can duck under.

edit edit: it seems like they never got around to testing slopes, maybe that has some stuff?
I completely forgot to test that after the Ganon/Samus discovery I made. I should test this..could make some stages slightly less annoying. Then again I never considered Lylat a bad stage and it has slopes. Brinstar is mad gay though...hmm..I should get back into this.

Top Bottom