• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADHD needs your help

ADHD

Smash Hero
Okay, there are some things that scare me. Here's what I need you to help me with or anything because I'm not entirely sure what to do and I don't have the experience y may have :) I'm not going to wing it and just go in being creative, I want to know what to do.

Snakes who camp perfectly, hard: I've never faced this type of snake off wifi but I found it incredibly hard to get through. The grenades stop alot of your follow-ups and clash with bananas leaving you to approach really slowly and carefully. Should I use just one banana, in general when I need to get past his spam? Or should I camp back? Also what do I do if I trip him while he's holding a grenade and it lands on the floor, should I even bother approaching?

Zelda: I seem to **** the sheik's who use zelda for the kill, but quite honestly I don't know what to do against good zeldas as I haven't fought any. Key me in please.

Falco's reflector: So I've always punished falco's reflector with the side b grab or kick, until I realized falcos can just laser to stop it before activating their reflector :ohwell: What are the better ways to do this?

Sheik: The last time I fought a good sheik was half a year ago, key me in as well please on how to fight her. Should I approach her alot, or wait for her to come?

Wolf: Never fought a good wolf offline, all I know is diddy has to be very aggressive and counter his own aggressive playstyle against you. I also know grabs **** him at low percents.

Ok, that is all. Please answer to anything you know, not all of them. I didn't post this in the Q and A thread because its a bit lengthy and I don't think I would have gotten the answers I desired in there.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I haven't fought any good diddys off of wifi yet, but next time im on aib, we should play ^_^. I'm not super knowledge-able about the match-up, but Zelda sucks in the air ;_; get her in the air at the right angle, and she can't do anything except nair or dair. Diddys aerials in the air destroy her, but a weakness of diddy is that he is very light so he is easy to kill. The diddys that I've fought relied on nanerz too much & I was able to DI away from them so he couldn't grab or smash me...I don't know if thats a secret diddys keep or if it was just cause it was online, but Diddy has a slight advantage in this match-up just because of his speed/pressure.

If it helps at all, A GREAT ZELDA beasting Diddy helps at all, her u go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGXilCnDsdg&feature=channel_page

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I have plenty of wolf experience. As a matter of fact, I just had a recorded practice session with one not too long ago, but I don't think he ever got around to uploading it. If he does I'll link you for sure.

A couple quick notes on wolfies
-banana/nut gimps are good, but watch out when wolf is on the ledge. Wolf has many options returning to the stage--know them.
-reflector has invincibility, a good wolf will break your "combos".
-wolf dsmash has huuuge hidden range. It outranges your dtilt.
-don't try to take a wolf in the air. Wolf air game > diddy air game.
-wolfs jab is good, don't get in a spot dodge war.
-battlefield seems to be one of wolf's best stages.

That is all I can think of for now. It basically boils down to staying on the ground and waiting for a glide toss combo. If you have more specific questions I could probably help.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
grab Wolf's reflector while you're juggling him, it'll cut through any of your aerial attempts to juggle him.
Wolf's best move is bair. he will try to space it. you have bananas to outspace him with.

Wolf is very simple, he's like Marth kinda, but a little faster on the ground. His main kill moves is dsmash, but fair can kill up, usmash can kill up or to the side, fsmash can kill. Wolf is generally clunky though, you can play vs him like vs Falco without Falco's reflector or chaingrab. Laser is interesting, if you get hit by one, see what the Wolf does (Fsmash or grab or another laser? counter accordingly)

Watch out for his side b lol. Gimping him should be somewhat easy, so dsmashes at 60% are completely viable.

Wolf can really hurt you when he's applying pressure to you when you're on the ledge and when he's on the ground in general without bananas to worry about - his low bair game with fsmash to punish missed attacks/rolls and jabs to punish spotdodges. In fact, a Wolf might be able to just fsmash or bair you before you can start glidetossing/dribbling.

so yeah, backwards down throw banana glidetoss thing is a good trap to set.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Wolf Experience: JJ Wolf
Diddy can knock Wolf out of the air, just get the spacing right, use Fair/Uair against his Bair (Don't try to beat his Fair), or Peanuts for feigned attacks. Diddy has the advantage on Battlefield, more so than Final Destination. His Fair picks up bananas easier than the dash attack and has priority over your dash attack. Be careful when Wolf has a banana, it combos into Fsmash, DACUS, and Item Tossed Dsmash. His Jab/Grab counters Banana->Grab approaches. Learn true combos against Wolf, since shine can break any pseudo combos. I wouldn't be that aggressive versus Wolf. Wolf shouldn't be able to land a Dsmash on you, most likely kill moves are Usmash, Fair, Bair, Shine. Gimping a good Wolf is very hard to do.

Don't know why you think Wolf has so many options off of the ledge, he can jump shine onto the stage (Shield grab him), he can Scar onto the stage, (Shield grab him), he can Fair onto the Stage (Shield Grab him). His options are quite limited on the edge, other than planking, the only one that catches me off guard is Light-Stepped Side B->Bair.

Snake Experience: Fatal, Inui, Nuro
Grab when he pulls a grenade, it won't set it off, then you can just followup. Grab releases on the edge sets up for gimps. I like two bananas since Snake can't really use them well. Counter pick smaller stages, Smashville, Battlefield…I think Final Destination is overrated for Diddy except vs. MK. I'm probably striking FD against Snakes from now on.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
snake experience (chops/afro/luis)
what i have figured out from this matchup is clearly simple. mindgames+grabs= win. punishing with grabs is just utter ****. get the snake off stage and do anything in ur power to gimp or add dmg even during his cypher animation. defensive snakes such as one of my friends luis, i have to change strategies since well gernades>bananas :\ especially when timed. you gotta perfect shield to reduce ur "lag" and to not be punished right after with an explosion or an ftilt. beware uptilt at lol 65%+ and honestly this matchup even against ultra defensive snakes shouldnt be hard.

things that dnt work in this match are.
auto piloted tosses/dash attack/peanuts/attacking with a smash attack after trip/barrel canceling

things that do work however are.
punish spot dodges or rolls with bananas/ attack with tilts/ grab when he mortar slides/ use grabs and upsmash when u trip snake/ when u finally trip snake towards edge IMMEDIATELY dash attack spaced well enough for u to get a spike on him no lag (a great start)

theres my two cents

i take snake to smashville since its his best stage and then test my limits (HARDCORE \m/(>_<)). but if u really want to counter snake hxc. strike stages he cannot mortar slide far and where arial movement is required such as norfair or brinstar or anything but neutrals really

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vs Zelda, always stay right outside her range or if you get inside her range, stay in your shield. Something I learned about her is that almost all of her options at that range are punishable with a banana in hand if you shield. If she grabs, you should try to be keen enough to spotdodge it or even maybe roll. Most anything else will have her tripping and taking damage, not no mention potentially putting her into the air where she might have a bit of trouble landing safely.

For other characters, lemme think some a bit and get back to you.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Against Falco's reflector... have a banana in hand, then short hop. Bait the reflector, Z-drop your banana, and grab Falco. If you like, you can then follow up with a bthrow, and dash attack while picking up your banana.

Duh :lick:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Against Falco's reflector... have a banana in hand, then short hop. Bait the reflector, Z-drop your banana, and grab Falco. If you like, you can then follow up with a bthrow, and dash attack while picking up your banana.

Duh :lick:
not so easy as u think when falcos know ur trying to force the reflector :\ some falcos will out defense the **** out of u they usually double laze and upon 2nd lazer they side b.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
vs Snake: I've got video's up against Nope's Snake (arguably 2nd best Snake in MW), he plays mostly campy (he has more Diddy practice than most Snakes because he plays a Diddy like every day for practice, sigh). I will have videos up soon of me against Ally, though I lost 3-0 in the loser's finals every game was last stock (2 games Ally over 100%) so I'm sure you can take something out of it.

vs Falco: I stole a trick from Ninjalink that I'm sure you know but I'll say it anyways. If you short hop toward them you can bait the reflector because they will be assuming you will throw the banana. Instead, just downthrow/zdrop the banana and hit them with an fair. It works SOO good. If you watch NL vs Chillin you will see NL do this on more than one occasion. You can do that, and I also dribble toward them instead of glide toss banana fthrow toward them. That way if they try to reflector you just take the 8% damage or whatever and can grab/diddy hump like you said.

Sheik: approach is she is trying to needle spam you. Otherwise just wreck her with spacing/banana spam.

Wolf: easy to combo, banana > grab > bthrow repeat works until like 30-40% and after that you can get more percents by simply reading their jumps (like against Snake/other heavies). Fsmash/Dsmash from wolf are god **** annoying, I'm sure you know, so just spacing away and if they reflector your banana time your dash attack to repick up the nana and hit him while he is stuck in the cool down of the reflector (I usually do soft throws against wolf so the banana drops in front of him instead of coming back at me, wish this works against Falco but it doesn't because he reflector is sent away from his body, sigh sigh sigh).

vs Sonic: yea, you didn't ask, but I just want everyone reading to be aware that your U-Smash beats Sonic's D-air 100% of the time, and I believe the dash attack also beats out the spin attack 100% of the time (or just with good timing, not sure which).

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Zelda player: DoppleGanger/Princess Aura
I think this match is a camp battle. Check how the person reacts when you throw the banana. When you do get close test out what they do: Reflect or take the hit. play this matchup kind of like falcos but be Much more patient.As for the Dins spam...power shield it every time. There not going to stop it so every time you power shield it, walk up a bit. Wait for the next Dins. Walk up etc

Banana combos work really well on her since most of her moves lag a bit. Make use of that. Dont Approach till you hit her with something(Banana). stay out of her range for most of the part. IF she tries spacing you with Fair/Fsmash, just walk back and throw banana at her. Its kinda funny.
Zeldas Fresh up-Air will kill Diddy at around 90%-100

Japes....Bull**** matchup. There are going to camp on the ledge at all cost. Wait out for dins again and this time, wait if they do Neutral B(forgot name T_T). IF possible airdodge and throw banana and rush in. Also note, Zelda Fsmash can kill diddy around 60-80% if your not careful. If your trying to approach her from the air, throw banana down to force her to use her Neutral B and punish.(just dont hit your own banana). Ledge game is also fun. From where shes camping, just ledge grab the ledge next to it and go back and forth. Funny thing to do if they Fsmashing enough >.>. Just read them and how they react and punish. Heck, throw in some rapid fire from your peanut gun if you want. Its fun but just make sure you Shield the Dins Fire. The invincibility frames from getting up attack from teh ledge also comes really handy. Just make sure you time it right or you get Fsmash in the face.... >.< <---if this happens ill be sad ADHD

Snakes: Hall, (1 round of DSF;friendlies)
Nadesm Nades, and more nades...just throw banana out first b4 everything. makes life easier. Dont always do the Dash Attack Approach since it usually comes out to be Either: Nade or Ftilt etc.
ill write out more when i have time

TreK

Is "that guy"
I find ftilting a wolf verrrry fun. It just outranges everything he has except a few. Other than that, i'll read what people wrote cus there's a lot and i need info on this one too.

The best way to destroy shine-happy falcos is to crawl under the shine's hitbox and punish btw. side-B comes second imho.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Snake: I like to side-b grab nade spamming snakes a lot because it doesn't detonate, SH fairs also work because it won't hit the grenade. In that situation I'd dash attack the Snake while picking up the grenade and then throwing it, just if you have time, if you don't have time I'd predict that he'd roll away from the grenade so try to punish the roll, but if he rolls into the grenade I'd try to get a Fair in.

Zelda and Sheik: I have a REALLY good Zelda player in my state that I'll friendly next time I see him, try to get some matches recorded and analyze what I do, I also have another Sheik/Zelda player in my state who is somewhat good. Try getting him off the ledge a lot and then edgehogging his side b so you force him to up-b onto the stage, then get up from the stage and punish the landing lag of his up-b by Bthrowing off again and just repeat until something else happens.

Falco: I'm pretty sure I told you this before, but same thing AZ said, SH and dthrow the banana and use an aerial.

Wolf: He's easy to banana combo, easy to predict reflector, and somewhat easy to gimp, just don't try to punish his aerials and becareful of his Dsmash.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Zelda: I seem to **** the sheik's who use zelda for the kill, but quite honestly I don't know what to do against good zeldas as I haven't fought any. Key me in please.

Falco's reflector: So I've always punished falco's reflector with the side b grab or kick, until I realized falcos can just laser to stop it before activating their reflector :ohwell: What are the better ways to do this?

Sheik: The last time I fought a good sheik was half a year ago, key me in as well please on how to fight her. Should I approach her alot, or wait for her to come?

Wolf: Never fought a good wolf offline, all I know is diddy has to be very aggressive and counter his own aggressive playstyle against you. I also know grabs **** him at low percents.
Zelda: A relatively neutral match up, her unfortunately [side B] give her a great defensive attitude leaving you to put pressure on her fortunately this shouldn't be too difficult especially since diddy has quite the speed to rack up and combo set up's. Oh course Bananas are a great way to approach but also including [glide tossing towards the opponent] at short distances leaves you to great technique of using [side smash / down smash / grabbing] for better knockbacks rather than using cartwheel. Also with Zelda, her smash attacks are quite long of an animation leaving you to put a conscious effort to hold your shield longer when your in reachable range. Air dodge constantly! a good Zelda will not allow you to let you be in camping range, Peanut gun goes through Zelda [side b], learn the distance of zelda recover special, and You'll be golden just play aggressive.

Falco's Refector: Short hopping before using Diddy's [side b] to stop the reflector is your best bet if your trying to diddy hump your way, I tend to use bananas vertically if they spam reflector it works really well in my opinion.

Sheik: For this match-up it is well in your favor while you have most of priority and edge guarding capabilities you shouldn't be worried. Keep your Bananas close especially if Sheik knows how to use them against you as the best thing going for sheik in this match-up is her speed. She also has quite a fall speed so combos with use of bananas should be relatively easy.

Wolf: Same here I haven't played any decent wolves rather than a few online. I do know that he has one of the worst recovers in the game and gimping his recover with Diddy great edgegarding capabilities and PEANUT GUN does great when Wolf is off the edge. Be aggressive B-E aggressive YEAH!

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
The thing with Sheik is I think they play madly aggressive, they will almost never roll and only throw in a couple spot dodges before going back on the offensive. This match-up is pretty much all about spacing and keeping your bananas; Sheik's speed with the bananas can be dangerous. The good thing is that Sheik lacks the ability to kill early and won't gimp you.

The Wolf match-up is supposed to be a little harder because of Wolf's reflector and his laser. I think though that if a Pro Diddy faces a Pro Wolf the Diddy should always win, it'll just be close. Wolf offensive game is not as aggressive as Diddy's. If he tries to sit and laser I'm pretty sure the peanut gun has a better range but just barely. And once he approaches you just have to play smarter with your nannerz than he does with his shield.

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
The good thing is that Sheik lacks the ability to kill early and won't gimp you.
Won't gimp you?? Nair bair, and I think fair destroys Diddy's upb. As do needles. I have to be very careful recovering against Sheik.

Diddy can edgeguard her pretty well tho. I try to force the upB and then punish its predictability. Like if you are hanging on the ledge and they upB, they have to go for the stage, so you can roll on and hit them off again if you have low damage, or drop down, jump on and forward air.

I play all of these matchups to some extent, so I'll try and write some more later.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
I always plays vs the same snake in all the tourney finals here in my country. I think that vs a campy snake, u must camp too, but tryng to get near of him, if we talk about proyectiles, diddy have the advantage, so just approach with a nana in hand. I like to z-catch his greandes sometimes, just to initiate the approach, or to make him shield, and if begin to camp, he is giving the time to pull out a second nana too, but not being very aggro, because he will punish you for that.

saberhof

Smash Master
Snake:

Vs a campy snake: i have fought one very campy snake, almost Japanese like >_>...so yeah frustration =O...
all you have to do is wait for something that wont explode on contact and run at him, just small dashes, and if you get close, shield fast, because all snakes do when your near is ftilt or any tilt for that matter, they rarely go for a grab, you can even sidestep and then shield, you wont get hit by any of the two things...then go for anything... Also, if he throws a granade that he just took out at you, grab it and run at him then stop right before you get near his grab range and shield, he will explode...and if he strips the granade from you, you are running at him still, so the granade wont hit you...

- Now if hes a snake-dasher, take him to battlefield, and wait for the dash, and just run at him, the mortars will NEVER hit you if you are running at him,(that's what he wants to happen)then rapidly go for a grab cause as soon as the dashing animation ends, he will tilt you any way he can.

- as far as his dsmash on the floor, bananas cure that...

a campy snake is easy if you know his moves well and how much time it takes for him to do everything...

Zelda:
I find this easy, if you play just like Zelda...very, very, very slow...just dance with her, and as soon as she falls, banana combos are just win in this, go slow, and don't get close, the only thing i fear of Zelda when i approach is her up-smash and her jumping back and N-airing you...that's all she has really...

Shiek: always keep a banana with you in your hand!!!, extremely important because shieks are always aggressive and they will go for the shield, and as soon as she does, you will have the banana, this is a waiting game, you dont really do anything, her needles arent a problem with short hops and etc....

napZzz

Smash Hero
snake experience (chops/afro/luis)
what i have figured out from this matchup is clearly simple. mindgames+grabs= win. punishing with grabs is just utter ****. get the snake off stage and do anything in ur power to gimp or add dmg even during his cypher animation. defensive snakes such as one of my friends luis, i have to change strategies since well gernades>bananas :\ especially when timed. you gotta perfect shield to reduce ur "lag" and to not be punished right after with an explosion or an ftilt. beware uptilt at lol 65%+ and honestly this matchup even against ultra defensive snakes shouldnt be hard.

things that dnt work in this match are.
auto piloted tosses/dash attack/peanuts/attacking with a smash attack after trip/barrel canceling

things that do work however are.
punish spot dodges or rolls with bananas/ attack with tilts/ grab when he mortar slides/ use grabs and upsmash when u trip snake/ when u finally trip snake towards edge IMMEDIATELY dash attack spaced well enough for u to get a spike on him no lag (a great start)

theres my two cents

i take snake to smashville since its his best stage and then test my limits (HARDCORE \m/(>_<)). but if u really want to counter snake hxc. strike stages he cannot mortar slide far and where arial movement is required such as norfair or brinstar or anything but neutrals really
snakes best stage isn't smashvile -__-

Its better for diddy than it is for snake

Gay diddy's that play just outside the range of tilts and dont let you camp (vs. snake) are gay. or so I heard.

Staco

Smash Champion
zelda and wolf:
you can use naners
simply try to trick them
if they expect a banana, throw the banana in another direction
then attack them
their reflectors are very laggy

and do the things fast, so they will stop using reflector after some time, because they dont know if you really throw or trick them ;)

snake:
you have to go aggressive versus snake with at best two bananas
snakes camping will beat diddys camping
and use some peanuts in the right moment to make it harder for him to camp

Bellioes

Smash Lord
lol What happened to the other Le THieN
The one who used words that half of us have never even heard of. I actually understand everything that your saying now (unlike before >_>)

LT says

Da old me's
Dead and gone
Dead and gone

Pee Es: I keep editing post because the new "Edit" button is right next to the "Quote" button. This is way too much power for one man!

LOL MOD n00b

ADHD

Smash Hero
According to the theory of binomial expansion, 4X=R to the second power * 3.4223466 U if thou hath carefully measuredith the trigonometrical length of the rays per second expelled from that of the sun itself. This is what I have established to the diddy metagame.

Top Bottom