• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advance Wars Series Reps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
I 100% agree with you Andy, if there is a Wars rep (which there most definitely should be) then it has to be Andy. He's the face of the series, he's the character most people think about when they think of the series. Choosing any other Wars character over Andy would be like choosing Luigi over Mario or Samurai Goroh over Captain Falcon.

If significance to Nintendo is a major factor in Sakurai's character selection then a Wars character should be high on his list. With the exception of Animal Crossing, Mii games, Punch Out and Smash Bros. itself, Wars is the biggest and most significant Nintendo series not yet represented through a playable character.
Completely agree. AW and Golden Sun should certainly be most deserving of a rep right after Animal Crossing in the next installment. Andy being made into a fighting character is the only obstacle in stopping this, but clearly as shown with Captain Falcon, a little creativity can make anyone a fighter.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Completely agree. AW and Golden Sun should certainly be most deserving of a rep right after Animal Crossing in the next installment. Andy being made into a fighting character is the only obstacle in stopping this, but clearly as shown with Captain Falcon, a little creativity can make anyone a fighter.
Plus there is the fact that the game is already filled with fighting so they should be able to find something. Maybe they should cut snake and give Andy his moveset :troll:

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of Andy summoning units to fight for him, which my moveset on the previous page has him doing. He'd be kind of like Olimar - Olimar's dependent on Pikmin, Andy would be dependent on his units. evilwalugi on DeviantART has a moveset where he's permanently in a tank, although it's tough imagining how standard jumps and A attacks would work with it. At the very least Andy could be given a generic moveset where he simply uses his spanner and fires guns (obviously cartoony guns that fire Super Scope style pellets because of Sakurai's 'no gun rule').

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had a thought. Supposing Solid Snake doesn't return but like Mewtwo and Lucario, his moveset is modified and given to a different character. And I thought to myself, "Does Nintendo have any modern war type characters?", quickly followed by, "You ninny! The Nintendo Wars series".

I haven't played Advance war so theoretically, how much would Snake's moveset need to be modified to work for an Advance/Nintendo Wars character?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If there's trouble with getting the rights of Snake, I too think he could be replaced by Andy in the veins of his moveset. Though there would have to be some changes to his moveset such as Andy's grab game. :awesome:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Incidentally what weapons do the ground troops use in the Wars games?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
The reason I prefer Sami is because she's more of a soldier type than Andy. She would showcase the combat elements of the series better than a mechanic would.

& because of the inevitable surge in rule 34 if she were added

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Incidentally what weapons do the ground troops use in the Wars games?
Infantry units use rifles and Mechs use Bazookas. and they both have Machine guns as their secondary weapon in Dual strike. pretty much every other unit in the franchise is in a vehicle, with the only exception i can think of being the Commando in GBW3

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I really hope it gets a rep. It deserves it. Long history with Nintendo and AW having a playable character in smash 4 would boost huge interest in the series kinda like fire emblem. This could revive AW ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom