• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Diddy Strategies - ADS

IDK

Smash Lord
What starts with an I that could go between the A-D... seriously I think it would be kind of funny. (Im not being insensitive, I have a friend with AIDS... I just think it could be funny if someone came to the diddy boards and sees AIDS as the most discussed thread or something.)

and fitty, that was a useless spamtastic bump

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
I've discovered two miscellaneous Diddy A.Ts in hopes to get credit for them and hopes that in the future Diddy users will use them, they are:

Peanut Catch (no flaming if discovered before, or done before)
To do: simply SH, press B, chase peanut, dash attack to catch.
Uses: not very useful but its fun to catch your nut XD
it can be a start up glide toss, just lay two bananas infront of you with your peanut in hand glide toss it followed by glide tossing the bananas also (NOTE: glide tossing the peanut throws it very far) also you can have your already caught peanut in hand SH, shoot two peanuts followed by a glide toss peanut followed even more by glide tossing more bananas, the ending result? a barrage of 5 or 6 projectiles being launched at your opponent, (NOTE: now you can always catch that **** peanut XD ).

Ledge Grab Cancel (or L.G.C) (no flaming if already discovered)
to do: simply while recovering with your Rocket barrels, aim for the tip of the ledge while your being launched and ready to automatically grab the ledge simply input down on the analog stick resulting in Diddy kong automatic ledge grab to be cancelled going past the ledge landing in the middle of the stage.
USES: Mindgames, countering ledge campers who wait for you to grab the edge so they can ledge grab or attack, but to their suprise you land in the middle of the stage ready to deploy bananas at your whim, also hits any opponent standing at the ledge.

Flaws: If not aiming right you can hit the stage ledge and Diddy kong will fall, very useful but extremely RISKY!

Blog and video coming soon on AIB

AIB tag: Sirchadakiss

MADE IN JAPAN © 2009

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
thats good stuff, but most diddy mains already know this
the ledge grab cancel is too risky because if they attack you, you could die
snapping is much safer
Thats why they have inquired training mode to practice such risky techniques, and I have never seen a pro Diddy Use either of those techs, let alone saw a vid for either of them.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Thats why they have inquired training mode to practice such risky techniques, and I have never seen a pro Diddy Use either of those techs, let alone saw a vid for either of them.
because they are essentially unneeded in actual play :\ it be fun to fool around with but in tourney matches i cannot see myself doing this unless i r fighting a captain falcon lol

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this an official Diddy tech or what but I've found that when you get your opponent off the edge and they are trying to come back, if you grab a banana, jump off the edge, and z-drop the banana a little bit past the ledge it sets up for his d-air spike really well. The opponent will either 1) get hit by the banana which will give you an opportunity to spike them during the split second they are stunned in the air or 2) try to stall in the air if they still have more jumps or a good recovery which will also give you an opportunity to spike while they're buying time waiting for the banana to fall out of the way. If you time it right you can even catch your banana again with your d-air so in case you miss you still have a projectile to throw at them to prevent them from edgeguarding if they make it back on to the stage before you. Additionally, you can prevent them from recovering from higher up and going above your banana by shooting a couple peanuts at them while they're flying out (before you run off the ledge and do the z-drop) which will cause them to be more likely to recover from below the stage in order to dodge the peanuts which is the ideal setup for this strategy.

It's really not as complicated as it sounds, I just wanted to make sure everyone understood what I was talking about and the potential behind this strategy.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I think this is already pretty well known
I personally like the banana pull facing away from stage followed by peanut gun edgeguard. Its a lot safer.
BTW, I used to live in Ann Arbor ^_^

Ice`

Smash Rookie
this is more like a beginner's general knowledge for diddy guide right? they could probably find all this in the stickies... colored fonts are cool tho i lol'd
I lol'd that you lol'd.....lol

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
This has been really helpful, thanks!
For the SC Glide Toss I think I know something that will help.
When I glide toss normally I of course roll then throw out of the roll but when I tried to do this out of a full run it was possible but definitely harder. So the other method of glide toss, you would substitute the roll with a jump. My controls always have jump set on L so I would run and use L (R will work the same way) as my roll then throw like usual. I think the timing on this let's you be slightly slower and if you mess up you'll jump instead of throwing a nanner with lag (I prefer this).

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Its caled a JC (jump canceled) throw
Its useful but I prefer the pivot glidetoss for versitality (you can go into a sliding dsmash at any moment with the dash pivot cancel :)) and the normal one cause... well its normal lol
But the JC throw has its uses.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm the one who discovered the instant wall jump for diddy.
Instant wall jump?..............what r u talking about?

EDIT: nvm saw it....dont kno how its something that important to be a tech. Just common sense.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Its caled a JC (jump canceled) throw
Its useful but I prefer the pivot glidetoss for versitality (you can go into a sliding dsmash at any moment with the dash pivot cancel :)) and the normal one cause... well its normal lol
But the JC throw has its uses.
=o wait, so run, turn around and grab then throw? does that seriously work as a glide toss?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
No its Turn around >JUMP> Grab> Cancel the grab with a throw
And its not the same as the regular glidetoss
Is just looks like a gliidetoss cause you still slide while throwing. Sorry if was confusing you by saying glidetoss a lot. Its just that Kaptain Kong found something that he names Pivot Glidetosiing but theyre not all the same.
Check out kaptain kongs thread on pivot glidetossing. He talks about JC throws too. It was really useful for me at least.
But if you want my opinion, the best throw for diddy is his normal glidetoss. I rarely use the other throws. I guess theyre just for mixing up your game. But its a matter of personal preference. If you like the JC throw better, go ahead and use it.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Advancing In Diddy Strategies

Nyways, you guys should compile all of these techs/strats in one big thread~

Surjan

Smash Rookie
I saw the video of AZ playing at Jungle Japes and he instantly did a wall jump off the side of the stage to a bair and was wondering how he did it, then i looked into it and made the lamest video of me doing it at multipule stages.

No one said it was new we were just unsure of wtf was happening when we instantly wall jumped off the stage.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I saw that in one of the stickys actually. You fall of the ledge with back on the control stick then immediately DI back and then walljump.

The button order would be; Hit away from stage>Hit toward stage>Hit away from stage (you might need to press the jump button too. I forget if you hit jump when you walljump or not :ohwell:) And they must be input in rapid concession. Hope this helped.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I saw that in one of the stickys actually. You fall of the ledge with back on the control stick then immediately DI back and then walljump.

The button order would be; Hit away from stage>Hit toward stage>Hit away from stage (you might need to press the jump button too. I forget if you hit jump when you walljump or not :ohwell:) And they must be input in rapid concession. Hope this helped.
Yeah, that's basically right. Jump is not necessary.

Top Bottom