• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice against Mewtwo?

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
well the first thing you should do is stop playing mewtwo

Lolz.

umm i would say try to grab a lot. down tilt is good. his downthrow combos against m2 are pretty strong..
fair combos with m2 would work pretty well. i think you'd get better help posting in m2 forums, and reading the match up guides there.

The Knee91118

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo is floaty, so you will probably have a tough time with your friend forever. I sugest learning an alternate character to play against him. Personally I have trouble playing a Fox when I'm Falcon. Really, Falcon will own your Mewtwo immensly. Try expanding your horizon and playing a different character.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is floaty, so you will probably have a tough time with your friend forever. I sugest learning an alternate character to play against him. Personally I have trouble playing a Fox when I'm Falcon. Really, Falcon will own your Mewtwo immensly. Try expanding your horizon and playing a different character.
Yeah im tring to play as fox. Fox was my main in SSB but im not good with him in melee.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The key to beating Captain Falcon is taking advantage of his poor recovery pattern, especially if your character, Mewtwo in this case, has excellent recovery. When you get the grab on him, throw him off, then try forcing him further away using B-airs (Taj is really good at that ****). Teleport to the ledge and wait there. It's pretty **** hard for Captain Falcon to do anything if you pull this off correctly.

Captain Falcon also has no projectiles at all, so the occasional Shadow Ball should be used to throw him off every so often. Your tilt attacks >>>> his. Lastly, don't get grabbed by him or you'll easily get Knee'd. That's what little I'd do if I were using Mewtwo, but I dunno, I'm not really a main with Mewtwo or Falcon.

Baseline

Smash Rookie
so the occasional Shadow Ball should be used to throw him off every so often.

nope. falcons nair's go right through them. unless they are like fully charged.
why nair a shadow ball when you can just knee it the knee goes through a fully charged shadow ball.
seriously don't get grabed, edge guard with bair if you can two is enough and sometimes just one is needed. tilts and scratch. alot of times you can scratch through moves since it come out almost instantly what is it like 3 frames or something. nair will stop a lot of moves too. key to winning is edgeguard. throw out at about 70 and edgeguard and teleport back falcon can live to 160% without decent edgeguard since m2 is made to kill mostly up and falcon is the hardest person to kill vertically. if you edgeguard with downsmash it will be teched most of the time.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well. captain falcon ***** mewtwo. as you've been told.
basically don't fall for mindgames.
falcon is a really simple character, yet still very effective. don't try to shield grab unless your opponent has bad spacing. Falcon's nair suckers shield grabbers
Also you must learn to tech chase. tech chase, tech chase tech chase.
learn to edgeguard with mewtwo
also DI away from falcon when he's comboing you. i mean, he'll probably still catch you if he's good, but its better than nothing.
and work on your overall mewtwo game. learn his approach, use down-tilt, it can juggle falcon a couple times and then you can short hop fair or grab after that.
also dont bother doing the upthrow, it generally wont kill him until he gets VERY high in percentage.
use back throw instead.
good luck with this match up mang lol

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Well if you're trying to fight Mewtwo, never let him grab you. He can rack up damage pretty fast if he is able to keep throwing you. Also watch out for his up throw and backwards throw, they are some of the strongest in the game. If you are playing as mewtwo, I would suggest wavedashing or rushing and throwing your opponents.

Top Bottom