• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice and a training partner/ mentor?

jevox

Smash Rookie
Hey, everybody this is my first post and I'm not sure if this is the right place but here goes:
Backstory ( kinda long, tl:dr at the end)
So, I've always played smash as a casual from smash 64 but recently when smash 4 wii u / 3ds came out, I have wanted to play at a more competitive level. So during the 3ds phase i would look up alot of techs and combos and decided to try and main luigi ( used to play him casually in brawl) but I didn't actually have smash 3ds at the time so the first time i go tot play was when my friend ( lets call him David) got smash wii u ( he wants to go competitive as well with pikachu and mario) and id go over his house occasionally to play and i would practice there. I've gotten much better ( i can beat all my casual friends fairly easily now) and when i play against David its usually about 55% to 45% in his favor on some days and my favor other days. We both then made some friends that are in the competitive scene ( all of them place rather high in our local tournaments) and we started playing with them occasionally and I have come to realize, i lose tot hem every single time, even though David might win a few matches. I then got really depressed and wondered if i was making any progress at all and wanted to quit because it seems the only reason i could beat David was because i played against him so much i knew his habits and could capitalize on them. so when i play new people with different habits i cant pick up on them fast enough
to win. SOOOOOOOO now I've finally made an account here ( after a long while of silently stalking) asking for help from any luigi mains, possibly play a few matches with me and point out my mistakes? and give me advice on how to fix them or any alternatives?.

TL:DR : I read people too slowly and can only beat them after playing many many matches with them. looking for a lugi main to play a few matches with me and like help me figure out what i am doing wrong and to give me advice on how to fix it. ( oh i only play on 3ds because I don't have a wii u right now )

FC: 5472-9369-2556

Thank you for your time :)

Gnollesion

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't mind playing a few matches and possibly giving you some pointers. I'll be posting my FC later today if you'd like to play.

jevox

Smash Rookie
oh, thanks for the reply but uhm, they stole my 3ds recently so no smashing for me :(

Gnollesion

Smash Rookie
That is unfortunate. Well, let me know if you ever get it back. lol. I'm always looking for a good match.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I'll play you! Luigi is a very fun character, and I am looking for a very good Luigi player to go against. Hit me up sometime! @3DS

FC: 3368-1260-3473

Top Bottom