• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice on improving my Jigglypuff?

Mike2000

Smash Cadet
I started playing Smash 4 again recently (only for the 3DS because I don't have a Wii U) and only have For Glory as a method of training because my job keeps me very busy during the week. I know I should definitely stop the spontaneous rollouts, and I have problems with knowing what to do if I get a power shield. I've uploaded some videos here against for glory players and would love any feedback on it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMJZL_6MHRuhDKvlAgbDyGg

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Hey! You're actually not a bad puff, using good tactics and using moves with high priority to approach like pound. The real flaw to get to the next step is to improve your safety. Bair is a good option for spacing and punishing, but you yourself will get punished if you land with its landing lag. Same with dair. You used dair at the right times (against a sheild), but you always landed with lag. A trick is when you full hop and dair you should land without landing lag. Try it out! You'll get it eventually! Full hop bair and then fastfall also lets out a bair without landing lag once you get the hang of that (fastfall right at peak of hop. Bair comes out a little before peak of hop) Ask again for more tips once you start doing that!

Keep playing man! You got potential!

Last edited:

Mike2000

Smash Cadet
Thanks! I am basically ride-or-die Puff at this point since she's really the only character I know how to play decently in this game haha. How do I not land with lag exactly? I feel like it'd be easier offline, but in terms of just avoiding it in general...is there a way to do that consistently? I know L-cancelling in melee was a way to eliminate landing lag, but you can't do that in smash 4.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Thanks! I am basically ride-or-die Puff at this point since she's really the only character I know how to play decently in this game haha. How do I not land with lag exactly? I feel like it'd be easier offline, but in terms of just avoiding it in general...is there a way to do that consistently? I know L-cancelling in melee was a way to eliminate landing lag, but you can't do that in smash 4.
First, try to full hop Bair and dair without lag and without fast falling. Should be simple!

Next, try to fastfall at specific times to use the moves and land on the ground quickly, but just start in the air long enough to eliminate the laggy frames! If you're still not getting it, I'll try to find a vid :)

Top Bottom