• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice on my Roy Playing.

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
Fix your shffls. A lot of missed ones from what I can tell.

Also, like, only 2 dtilts makes me a sadpanda.

If your bro decides he's ever going to play Marth again, I'd have to say that you need to learn to wait him out. However, if he usually plays Falco, not really an option. Would need a vid of that to see how you deal with it.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Fix your shffls. A lot of missed ones from what I can tell.

Also, like, only 2 dtilts makes me a sadpanda.

If your bro decides he's ever going to play Marth again, I'd have to say that you need to learn to wait him out. However, if he usually plays Falco, not really an option. Would need a vid of that to see how you deal with it.
Quoted for truth. Also, use DED. That's Roy's best friend in a lot of situations. Grab more, as well. Roy uses throws to set-up into a lot of his moves, most importantly, fsmash.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Shhfling is your key to beating Marth
This combo might help you.

Short Hop, Fair, Fast Fall, L-cancel, Grab, Throw forward, Follow your opponent (Shffle) Nair.
Grab, Throw forward, Then Down Tilt, Jump Flare blade (tip of your sword)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I asked this question in the Q&A but got no response. how many times is best ,in each situation, to use the first part of ded.

Banned via Administration
why is it that every noob roy plays against a sibbling and that sibbling plays marth or a really bad space animal or link?

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
Because space animals and Marth are high tier?

Don't ask about link though. My brother plays Doc. >.>

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i use ded alot on a marth beacause it is fast and also counters can become pretty good against a marth

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
But than again Marth has a huge advantage over Roy so you have to time everything perfect like me
ps nicaboy is my bro and he has been fighting everyone in GA he getting big and he uses marth

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
You did pretty good considering that Marth has big advantage over Roy. I think you should work on your edge guarding, because Roy is very good for Edge gaurding. there have been countless matches against my friends that i have won because of edge guarding. I may not be a experin the area of advanced moves but your shffl and wave dashing+wave landing look like they need improvement. For edge guarding, use his B, forward smash, up smash and forward air+ side b and up b. you probably would have gotten owned by Falco only because he is high tier. Keep working on your stuff.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
i dunno about everyone else but i think your mindgames are kill. SHFFL Uairs and Fairs, and Dtilt more. add in some more DED please.

Top Bottom