• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advise my Sheik (versus Armada !)

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I'm an average Sheik player from France that had the chance to be in Armada's pool during the ESA5.
This is the only set that was recording, and I must admit that he pretty much dominated me, but I guess that I could get some advices out of this set. Sometimes, I feel like I could correct myself (such as recovering from the ledge with the Y button which makes me doing a weird jump), but I guess there are many situations where I could have been better only if I knew how to punish something, how to act in that situation...

By the way, thanks in advance for the advices ! :)

Armada vs Meljin

ckmadison

Smash Rookie
Wow. Armada's space animals are amazing.

Only advice I can meekly give is to DI better vs. Fox's upthrow -> uair combo. When he throws u up, DI left or right, and when he hops to uair, DI the opposite direction he jumped.

I hope you had fun in that tournament!

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
i dont know how it is in PAL but you want to try to stay above Falco if hes just whoring out Dair, i mean the first macth it seemed like armada just got in your face and made you panic. Spacing out againts his dair is much easier if you dont let him always have the figurative high ground. Powershielding lasers is always good to trow off a Falco's tempo. It seemed like you had some good techchasing that one grab you got. Remember that if Falco does a Dair too high you can sheild grab him before he hits the ground. It just seems like he put a lot of pressure on you and you dint figth back much in the first macth. You also got hit with a lot of shines whenever he hit your shield not sure if you were trying to jump out or you got shield poked. Just relax during Falco pressure and dont press too many buttons you dont want to do his work for him and eat a shine.

As for fox sorry im not too good againts foxes so i cant really give you advice there XD

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
I figurated later that I had a hard time countering Falco's pillar in general. Should I just roll away after the shine ?

I also worked out on my powershields in friendlies, I just hope this will also be ~75% accurate in seriouslies....

I'll work on being calm & relax while playing, thanks a lot :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You roll when you don't need to.

You roll through him a lot when he's not committed (very risky).

You need to DI up more than in on most kill moves (bairs, f-smashes, etc).

You drop a lot of easy combos so work on your accuracy with follows and try to finish your combos with fair (it's much better than bair).

Nair doesn't work on people above you.

Nair OOS and WD OOS against shield pressure.

When Fox runs up to you, you block a lot, and then he grabs you. WD back > f-tilt, SH back > fair, etc. Keep your spacing and stuff. You give him too much free reign to run around and do whatever he wants to you.

I don't like how much you use approaching nair. Sheik's combos are largely started from ground moves. Might as well walk and tilt or whatever in a lot of these situations (or do safer stuff to preserve positioning like walk forward, jump back > fair, etc).

You got shine spiked a lot. Go lower or test his timing by DJing into an attack. Sometimes DJing into an attack backwards can hit them away and give you enough time to recover to the edge (but there's a percent restriction and some other stuff that goes into whether or not that works).

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot :D

I have a bad habit which is trying to Amsah Tech every kill move, it is awesome when it works but... Terrible when it fails. I wonder if there is a "move data" where we could see what moves are Double-Stick techable and at what kind of %...

Again, thanks a lot, I will work on this, especially walking, I admit I never walk...
:D

stelzig

Smash Lord
You got shine spiked a lot. Go lower or test his timing by DJing into an attack. Sometimes DJing into an attack backwards can hit them away and give you enough time to recover to the edge (but there's a percent restriction and some other stuff that goes into whether or not that works).
I've had this problem against armada and leffen as well. It's like no matter what I do, they get that shinespike on me, lol. Unless I recovered like really high, which obviously sucks with sheik's UpB. :p
I'll definitely try some of the things next time I play against a fox proficient at doing those shinespikes on sheiks recovery... Sadly that is pretty rare for me.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik's walk is good. You have access to all your tilts, crouch, WD back, SH, etc. It's fast enough to give you active presence. I dunno. Nothing really bad about it.

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
I've had this problem against armada and leffen as well. It's like no matter what I do, they get that shinespike on me, lol. Unless I recovered like really high, which obviously sucks with sheik's UpB. :p
I'll definitely try some of the things next time I play against a fox proficient at doing those shinespikes on sheiks recovery... Sadly that is pretty rare for me.
Didn't had the chance to play against Leffen - somewhat afraid of him :embarrass: - but yeah, I played against a lot of average Foxes, and Armada's one is very special in terms of edgeguarding. I also played a couple of freeplays against Doraki's Fox and he absolutely didn't edgeguard me that well...

Armada

Smash Lord
I have a lot of experience against Sheik (Android/Aniolas).
Important to understand as Fox is to understand how good that shine is. Sheik is terrible against Fox when it comes to comeing back when she is offstage.

One thing that A LOT of sheiks are useing is jump fair when Fox are jumping out but that sucks cause shine beat that easisly. I guess Sheiks U-air is one of the better moves if Fox are trying to jump out shine.

Top Bottom