• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advise my Zero Suit (vs. Yoshi, DK)

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Hi guys! I'm a Vegas local and will be attending local tournaments soon. I just want to see what I can improve on with my Zero Suit.

There's a pretty sick edgeguard in the DK match if I do say so myself, although he did beat me about ten times in a row before that :|

Vegas local Dillonz has a pretty swagnificent Falcon.

Pretty laggy on these, and I don't feel I should have lost. Many mistakes on my part though.

Pretty good runaway with Duck Hunt Dog

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
You are definitely one of the better zero suits that I have seen. Couple things though like learn to space nair better you got lucky they didn't shield grab you a couple of times. Also when SH nair move around more instead of staying in place. I also saw you use nair when you probably could've got an uair. Uair would get you more mileage. You got punished for using dair, that move is pretty situational and shouldn't be used all that much.

Last edited:

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Thanks! I noticed I was making a lot of really hard reads with D-air (more like straight guesses) and stopped using it recently. Nair was something I picked up on from the video thread just before playing these matches, SHFFing it is something I'm getting used to still. I've also started trying to put on more pressure with blaster, and I've been getting a lot of mileage out of that.

I'll start recording more and posting here (or in the video thread, if that's better?)

Semystic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-0984-7173
In the yoshi match it looked like you were trying to be really flashy and it really messed up your accuracy (spacing, wrong way, etc). But in the DK match you started off poor, but it looked like you started easing up on flashiness and took your time to really nail combos. And that edge guard <3

Top Bottom