• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Lag on Falcon?

superherox

Smash Rookie
So, I've been trying out more advanced SHFFLing on Falcon.

I have a question to the vets.

Do you guys usually do your aerials a little early to compensate for the lack of a quick aerial like Luigi's?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
It depends heavily on the situation, but generally you want to hit the aerial as late as possible but still in the opponents hitstun to give you as much time as possible for a followup attack.

Unless you're not performing a combo, then you use your aerial attack however you want to space it / apply pressure or whatever.

Other than that, there is no "rule" to when to use your aerials. The situations vary heaps.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Most of Falcon's aerials are slow so you usually start them early
Nair is a 2 hit thing so you can hit someone's shield while rising with the first hit and not get immediately retaliated against ... it's useful if you find yourself accidentally Nairing someone too close - you can drift back and have the 2nd hit cover your ***
If you do it real fast I think you can fastfall and then Dair / knee / Bair but it's hard
Obviously you can do late Uairs pretty easy - staple of Falcon tech option coverage
Late Nair with a single hit has some uses for spacing ... I find myself using it sometimes

Walt

Smash Ace
Late first hit of Nair into grab or DD to bait something works as does late first hit on shield into like tomahawk grab.

Top Bottom