• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

afasdf

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I want to make a suggestion about Y. Link. Why kick him? theres so many titles that used y. link alone that gives him an awesome set of moves that aren't cloned. I'll explain.

A. his bow. that sucked in melee. he should have his slingshot. 4/3 the range of adult link's bow, with reduced damage.
B. his spin attack could become chargeable but still does multiple strikes like in windwaker. and of course, does less unless charged.
C. his bombs could stay or become deku nuts for minimal damage that has knockback.
D. he can use the bug net from link to the past as a blunt move with half damage sort of like peach's random smash rather then the much hated (or loved) double smash.
E. the forward power attack can be a shield bash.

Like I said, there's alot of possibilities that aren't dreamt up. all of theses are taken from the series. I'm just implying that y. link has alot of possiblities and has too many fans to be pushed aside.
then again, point taken that adult link is the first from ssb 64, but hey, why not be creative with the characters from melee?

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Ohh, I soo see the argument with megman, as I love the idea of the blue bomber making an appearance. But, the z-sword? come on! The classics are soo much cooler (I've played every megaman game but the battle network ones) and there's too many possibilities to be replaced by Zero's sword. I mean, isn't there already enough sword weilders anyways?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
WOW, awesome! You clearly have done a lot of work!

if I might, I'd like to suggest a character to fill the question mark, although you probably already have tones of suggestions.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
? character should be Poo, from Earthbound.

Young Link should be Wind Waker Link for soooooo many reasons.
Grappling Hook (Steal Items)
Easter Egg! Use a wii-mote like his baton to play different songs, just like Fox/Falco's easter egg.
Reaction Commands (Special Attack, like counter)
Hurricane Spin (Chargable spin strike)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
? character should be Poo, from Earthbound.

Young Link should be Wind Waker Link for soooooo many reasons.
Grappling Hook (Steal Items)
Easter Egg! Use a wii-mote like his baton to play different songs, just like Fox/Falco's easter egg.
Reaction Commands (Special Attack, like counter)
Hurricane Spin (Chargable spin strike)
I agree with those, although Poo could instead be Lucas. I do like Pokey, too.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Here is Tera's review on your character sheet.

To start out, what you should have done was just revamped the Melee list and put a few extra ?'s, but Tera's not going to get into that. overall score: 10/10.
overall rating of your character opinions: 6/10. here is why...
(Tera's responses in blue)

Sonic – Sonic is more then deserving of the few precious 3rd party slots. He has was created for the sole purpose of rivaling Mario. Both of them in a game would be a great thing indeed. He has shown many signs of a potential moveset in his previous games, especially in sonic battle and also in his bboying skills which he demonstrates in many games.
Sonic is overrated. too many people want him in the game. Tera believes the reason they kept him out of the previous games was because of that rivalry scratch that. Tera is now indifferent, because ther's this hunch somewhere in the dark abysses of Tera's mind that we will see Sonic nonetheless

Mario- Confirmed can't argue with that

Luigi – Luigi was in the first super smash brothers and there is no reason why he should not be in brawl. He is a huge character in the Mario series and I think we can all agree he will appear in brawl.
exactly.

Peach – Peach is also a huge character in the Mario series and it would be foolish not to include her.
True. in fact, although it is not widely known, she and Bowser were intended to appear in SSB64, but something happened.

Toad – A lot of people do not like Toad, I on the other hand love Toad. He is probably my favorite Character in the Mario series (Luigi is up there with him though) and in any game where he is playable, I play as him. I understand the criticisms on how he is “too small” or “would have a lame moveset”. He can be resized and the developers can create a unique moveset, they are not bound to anything. On the Toad discussion thread someone made a very good list of points and counter points and I will post it on here once I find it.
Toad is already in the game--as Peach's B-move. that is where he should stay, since Tera hasn't seen him do anything in any of the games anyway. all he does is get captured.

Bowser – It amazes me that some people want Bowser out of the game. He is the signature villian of the Mario series, he will stay. He is one of my favorite characters to play in melee and there are many ways to help him stand his ground against the more prominent fighters (more on that later).
See Peach

Yoshi – He was in the first super smash brothers which is reason enough to be in Brawl. He is another signature character that is as recognizable as Mario himself, and to leave him out would be a horrible decision.
Judging from that Yoshi-Style land we saw in the trailer, it looks like Yoshi will be returning, so Tera won't try to argue here.

Zelda – I was convinced by some very good arguements to keep Sheik and Zelda together. Zelda has a lot more potential in Brawl with the upcoming Twilight Princess game. Another character that you can not come up with a possible reason to get rid of.
Now, Tera needs to know this: WHY IN _____ would they remake Zelda for Twilight Princess and not put that version of her in Brawl? go Zelda

Link - Confirmed
Despite Tera's hatred of Link in Melee, she ain't gonna argue. put simple: if he's queer like he was in SSBM, we'll still be able to beat the snot out of him. however, it looks as though he's long past that phase. *hoping for a better taunt*

Ganondorf - Ganondorf is the villain of the Legend of Zelda series. Out of all the clones in melee he is the most deserving to move on to brawl. He is a great design and his moveset should be completely revamped (more on that later).
See Zelda, but sub that name for Ganondorf. (and the hers to hims)

Mr. Game and Watch - Ah Mr. Game and Watch, this character by no means should be removed from brawl. He is an absolutely hilarious character and just a historical landmark for Nintendo. He stays.
Read the last two words of the above sentence for Tera's verdict.

Wario - Confirmed
Heck yeah!

Ice Climbers - Despite the rumor about Ice Climbers being removed, they absolutely should NOT be removed. They are THE most unique characters in the game. No arguments there, they are a great move on Nintendo's part.
Indeed.

Dedede – Dedede is a very interesting character, penguins wielding hammers are always appealing. He is the main villain in the Kirby series and smash could use some more villains.
unsure here. fat penguin men? Tera hasn't played enough Kirby to know about this one, she she'll silently move on...

Marth - The first lord of the Fire Emblem series. He is an incredibly popular character and getting rid of him would be a foolish Idea.
true that, true that.

Hector - Another Fire Emblem lord but, one key feature makes him stand out from the rest, his axe. There have been many complaints about too many sword wielding characters, well why not have a character with an axe? The axe is a very underused weapon in fighting games which is a real shame, its a great weapon.
indeed, the Axe is cool, but again, like Dedede, Tera's unfamiliar with the character. if she could only choose one FE character, it would be Lyn(dis), but the 2nd would be him.

DK - Another character from the first super smash brothers game. He goes way back to when Mario first debuted. A classic Nintendo character.
classics rule.

Diddy – Easily the biggest character in the donkey kong universe (second to only DK himself). He has many opportunities to have a great moveset and is a long overdue character.
this has been debated in Tera's mind for years. unsure.

Ridley – The trademark villain of the metroid series, a excellent character with a good design. Like Bowser was, Ridley could be resized to fit better on the stage.
you said it all too well.

Zero Suit Samus – Confirmed, I believe that she will be a separate character from Samus. I do not want to get in the huge arguement over what was posted on the offical smash brothers website, it was vague to say the least. If you look at it when it says "This isn't a pure character addition" and "under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit" that is in the FIRST paragraph. With all the other characters the first paragraph is dedicated to the game they originated from. She is not a pure character addition because it is still Samus. Also the "under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit" that is more than likely than not talking about the Metriod Series. Besides no use removing a potential move from each character just for a few frames of transformation. Can you think of any B move of Samus you would sacrifice to transform to Zero Suit Samus? Yea, I didn't think so.
Tera hopes that Sakurai will repeal his previous statement about Samus removing the suit unless they instate a new move for everyone where Samus' is this.

Samus - Confirmed
woot.

Metaknight - Confirmed
combo time!

Kirby - Confirmed
bring back the SSB64 version.

Falco - This is another character that puzzles me why people would want to get rid of such a great character. He is the second most important character of the star fox universe, second to Fox only. Another clone that is way more than deserving to have a unique moveset in Brawl. Removing him would anger many fans. I think his costume should also be different from his generic one from Melee. One of the costumes featured an a ending in Command shows a very awesome one.
Tera's not too caring about the costumes, it's the bird beneath she cares about. they better bring him back, and bring him back good.

Fox - Yet another character from the original 12. He should have his Assault COSTUME, but keep the melee proportions. A lot of people hate the assault costume, and I believe because its of the weird proportions they give Fox in the game. The costume itself is good.
Fox and Falco go hand-in-hand. besdies, it's not the looks, its the abilities of the character.

Megaman X – The signature blue bomber hailing from Capcom. I chose X besides the original Megaman for several reasons. In Megaman x4-6, X used Zero's saber, this opens a lot of moveset opportunities. Especially for the A moves. Also X has never been in a cross over, the original Megaman has been in several. Granted, I would be happy if the original made it.
ugh, no Megaman anything please. we already have someone to copy abilities.

Captain Falcon – A prime example of a character entering Smash as nothing and turning into something. Now I don't mean game wise, I am talking about fighting wise. You never saw him show any signs of pyrokinesis in his games. This is a good reference to people who argue that “Y cants use X because in Y's game Y never uses that.”
go Falcon!

Deathborn – I know I really should put Samurai Gorah here since his fan base is much larger, but I just cant stand Gorah. An overweight samurai does not appeal to me. I do not like Black Shadow because he is a less cooler batman that had his way with a little too many steriods. Now to Deathborn himself I absolutely love his design. Cheesy, sure, but a great one nonetheless. His moveset could be an awesome one. His play style could be similar to Ganon's since I assume he is getting revamped and a lot of people like Ganon's old moveset. Now I am not saying just slap on Ganon's Melee moveset onto Deathborn, some moves would be easy to transfer though, such as Ganon's Dair and Fair. His B move should be unique. I hope I made what I mean clear enough on this one.
Tera has no clue who this is.

Snake - Confirmed
Snake? Snake!?! SNAAAAKEE!!!!

Jigglypuff – The classic character that everyone thought (or at least I did) was the worst character in Melee (I am talking about during casual play). To lose to jigglypuff was to be humiliated. Why take that away? Another character from the original 12.
puff= kick-butt

Pikachu - Confirmed
By far the best idea Nintendo ever had. if they had removed Pikachu and had 96 characters, Tera WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THIS GAME.

Lucario – Probably one, if not the coolest of the new generation of Pokemon. Eventhough I dislike his character design, the spikes are my main problem with it, but after watching some clips of him he is a very interesting character. Also his fan base and the movesets that spawned with them also proves this point. I could easily imagine Lucario being an excellent addition to Brawl.
sounds cool.

Mewtwo – Another character I am baffled to hear that some people want him kick out. Sure he was not spectacular in melee, but with a new game comes new opportunities. He could easily be an awesome character to use, and there are a lot of things that could fix him up.
fix him up! fix him up! *chants*

Wolf - The whole Wolf vs Krystal argument is dragged on too much unneeded. They are both excellent choices for new characters, and they should both make it onto Brawl. Wolf has been my all time favorite character from the star fox series ever since I played Star Fox 64. I consider him a sure foot in along with Krystal. Chances are he is going to be my new main. To everyone who says he would be a lame clone of Fox, stop being narrow minded. There are tons of lists around the boards that prove you otherwise.
Krystal would be the first choice, Wolf the 2nd.

Krystal – Krystal, like many people before me have pointed out time and time again, already has a moveset that basically writes itself. The chance to wield her staff makes for a unique and very opportune character.
Oh, good gosh, for the love of mercy, this is a MUST!!!

Ness - Again, another part of the original 12, there is no reason why Ness should be booted.
perhaps.

Geno – Before you people freak out how I went over the three 3rd party characters limit, the 2-3 3rd party characters was a rough estimate and I see it as its possible to go a little over. I honestly think that there's a good chance for Geno and X to be in the game. I do not see any reason why Square would hold off on this character, thus probably one of the easiest 3rd party characters to get a license to use. Him being high on Sakurai's poll also helps his chances.
Initially I was opposed to Geno, but through reanalysis I have gotten around to liking him. I am not a fan of his character design (mainly the ugly orange curls), but his personality and his methods of attacks outweigh it big time. Even just for homage to one of the greatest rpgs ever made is enough to grant him a spot on the precious 3rd party slots.
please no. see Tera's sig.

Skull Kid – I have to admit I have never played Majora's Mask. But his character design is an awesome one and from what I hear his potential is pretty big. The tentacles is a especially great idea and I would love to try this guy out in Brawl. His fan base is surprisingly large so it is not a long shot to say he will make it.
Tera thinks this little turd is just plain irritating

Question Mark? - Since I combined Sheik and Zelda again I have an empty spot. I would like to use it for an earthbound character but I do not know which one as I am not too familiar with the series. If you have any suggestions but please give an explanition WHY.
Lyn (or Lyndis) of Fire Emblem, perhaps merely for the fact that she is a SHE. not going to input any other thoughts, despite their numerousity.

Pit - Confirmed
it's about time too.

C. Removed Characters
NOTE: IF I COULD I WOULD MAKE ALL CHARACTERS RETURNING.

Roy – A seemingly unimportant Fire Emblem lord now. (Tera: BS) He could easily be replaced with a better more unique lord. The sword users are already stacking up too much as it is.
no, no, no! no! NO! NO!! NO!!! NO!!!! Roy needs to stay, maybe just because of the mere idiocy people potray him having. and besides, nothing, repeat: NOTHING is more fun than coming up to someone trying to do a powerful move and just pressing down+B. and watching them soar, and pulling a taunt. EEEEYAH!!! Roy may not be a huge favorite of Tera's, but still, one that should return.

Doctor Mario - The fact of the matter is, all Doctor Mario is, is Mario in a labcoat. Though I understand why people would want to keep him, as they like his play style more so then Mario's. Though I want him removed from the game does not mean that his influence is completely gone (More on this later).
For the love of Mercy, no! How could you want Geno, less significant from Mario games over the world-renowned (hee, hee, hee!) Dr. Mario games that even adults still play!?!? HOWWWWW!?!?! Doc=hopeHeStays

Pichu - Pichu is a rather useless character. It may seem a little harsh but he is just a scrawny less effective Pikachu. More then likely on the top of the expected list of characters not making the cut.
No, since nothing, not even Jigglypuff can compare the that prideful feeling you get when you beat someone, particularly a Fox player, with Pichu.

Young Link – Now this one I know I am going to get some back talking for this. To be honest I don't see why everyone likes Young Link. He is Link.....but younger. Sure he is used a lot in the Zelda games and can get a unique moveset but why do that? I see it as given Doctor Mario or Pichu a unique moveset. Sure it makes them unique now, but it seems to be a waste of development time when you could just put a better character in. To those of you who think I am a hypocrite (Xianfeng), there is reason behind why I think Zero Suit Samus and Sheik are a completely different case than Young Link. Link and Young Link fight and look almost completely indentical. Zelda fights with magic, and Sheik fights with martial arts. They also look so different that they can be considered a whole different person. Same goes for Zero Suit Samus. Samus is in a huge battlesuit and wields completely different weapons than Zero Suit Samus. Again they are so different they could easily be considered two different people. You can not say that about Young Link.
not too concerned with this one, since he has absolutely no KO move save the dair. But, Tera does not want anyone out, so why argue with having more characters?

So,with that said and done, Tera will critique another part later.

(P.S. CHUCK NORRIS!!!!)
~Tera253~

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
To Tera

Roy: agreed
Geno: What? but Geno is awesome! How could you not want him? Sakurai has stated he doesn't just want popular characters. But he wants characters that are supported by fans. EVERYONE loves Geno!

Arian_Kylos

Smash Cadet
Nice... But not perfect.

Well, I might as well follow the whole colored review thing ...But I'm just commenting. :p

Sonic – Sonic is more then deserving of the few precious 3rd party slots. He has was created for the sole purpose of rivaling Mario. Both of them in a game would be a great thing indeed. He has shown many signs of a potential moveset in his previous games, especially in sonic battle and also in his bboying skills which he demonstrates in many games.

Well Im Not so up on the new sonic games; I lost interest after Sonic heroes, but I feel rather indifferent on this choice. I mean It's cool doing the Rumor Fanservice Trick, but honestly It feels overused now: Mortal Kombat did it, Diablo did it, So I'm not up for it.

Mario- Confirmed

No Comment

Luigi – Luigi was in the first super smash brothers and there is no reason why he should not be in brawl. He is a huge character in the Mario series and I think we can all agree he will appear in brawl.

Can't argue with that

Peach – Peach is also a huge character in the Mario series and it would be foolish not to include her.

No kidding, well her downsmash needs two or threee hits instead of five. Plus toad could easily be replaced by toadsworth... but then again...

Toad – A lot of people do not like Toad, I on the other hand love Toad. He is probably my favorite Character in the Mario series (Luigi is up there with him though) and in any game where he is playable, I play as him. I understand the criticisms on how he is “too small” or “would have a lame moveset”. He can be resized and the developers can create a unique moveset, they are not bound to anything. On the Toad discussion thread someone made a very good list of points and counter points and I will post it on here once I find it.

Honestly I would have to agree with Tera's post on Toad, but I would rather see another Fire Emblem Character in place of him: People whine about too many swords (Although I completely agree with them), but not about too many mario characters.

Bowser – It amazes me that some people want Bowser out of the game. He is the signature villian of the Mario series, he will stay. He is one of my favorite characters to play in melee and there are many ways to help him stand his ground against the more prominent fighters (more on that later).

yes, yes, and yes.

Yoshi – He was in the first super smash brothers which is reason enough to be in Brawl. He is another signature character that is as recognizable as Mario himself, and to leave him out would be a horrible decision.

at one point I actually thought he would get the axe... Well guess not.

Zelda – I was convinced by some very good arguements to keep Sheik and Zelda together. Zelda has a lot more potential in Brawl with the upcoming Twilight Princess game. Another character that you can not come up with a possible reason to get rid of.

I have to agree with Tera's Post also, but still she needs to be fixed up.

Link - Confirmed

Do I need to say anything? :p well at least give him a better taunt

Ganondorf - Ganondorf is the villain of the Legend of Zelda series. Out of all the clones in melee he is the most deserving to move on to brawl. He is a great design and his moveset should be completely revamped (more on that later).

No Kidding. but still I would rather see him use his accursed trident rather than a sword.

Mr. Game and Watch - Ah Mr. Game and Watch, this character by no means should be removed from brawl. He is an absolutely hilarious character and just a historical landmark for Nintendo. He stays.

Good character yes, but... It doesn't feel to me that's he's gonna be in there...

Wario - Confirmed

he's my main in Mario kart. He's awesome, enough said

Ice Climbers - Despite the rumor about Ice Climbers being removed, they absolutely should NOT be removed. They are THE most unique characters in the game. No arguments there, they are a great move on Nintendo's part.

awesome indeed, but rumors aside, King DeDeDe seems too much like he's gonna fight like the ICs. although they are good I say that KD is better than ICs

Dedede – Dedede is a very interesting character, penguins wielding hammers are always appealing. He is the main villain in the Kirby series and smash could use some more villains.

see ice Climbers

Marth - The first lord of the Fire Emblem series. He is an incredibly popular character and getting rid of him would be a foolish Idea.

no kidding, But still they gotta do something about the sweetspot at the tip of his sword; push it down.

Hector - Another Fire Emblem lord but, one key feature makes him stand out from the rest, his axe. There have been many complaints about too many sword wielding characters, well why not have a character with an axe? The axe is a very underused weapon in fighting games which is a real shame, its a great weapon.

yes, yes, yes! We need axes in brawl!

DK - Another character from the first super smash brothers game. He goes way back to when Mario first debuted. A classic Nintendo character.

I agree with Tera, Classics do rule! plus donkey kong is long overdue for a good game; Jungle beat was good but horridly easy in my opinion.

Diddy – Easily the biggest character in the donkey kong universe (second to only DK himself). He has many opportunities to have a great moveset and is a long overdue character.

meh... Honestly I don't really care about him. despite considerable involvement in the mario sports games

Ridley – The trademark villain of the metroid series, a excellent character with a good design. Like Bowser was, Ridley could be resized to fit better on the stage.

Yes, yes, yes, To hell with dark samus, ridley for the win!

Zero Suit Samus – Confirmed, I believe that she will be a separate character from Samus. I do not want to get in the huge arguement over what was posted on the offical smash brothers website, it was vague to say the least. If you look at it when it says "This isn't a pure character addition" and "under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit" that is in the FIRST paragraph. With all the other characters the first paragraph is dedicated to the game they originated from. She is not a pure character addition because it is still Samus. Also the "under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit" that is more than likely than not talking about the Metriod Series. Besides no use removing a potential move from each character just for a few frames of transformation. Can you think of any B move of Samus you would sacrifice to transform to Zero Suit Samus? Yea, I didn't think so.

Although it would be awkward, I see your interpretation of Zsamus to be plausible, but... I feel that it's not quite what we thought it's gonna be.

Samus - Confirmed

no arguement

Metaknight - Confirmed

Top tier :chuckle: but seriously, no argument here

Kirby - Confirmed

well let's hope he doesn't actually blow this time (he sucks anyway... literally :chuckle: )

Falco - This is another character that puzzles me why people would want to get rid of such a great character. He is the second most important character of the star fox universe, second to Fox only. Another clone that is way more than deserving to have a unique moveset in Brawl. Removing him would anger many fans. I think his costume should also be different from his generic one from Melee. One of the costumes featured an a ending in Command shows a very awesome one.

Although Falco himself is cool, I seriously believe he is overrated in melee; I feel that the Tiers have turned SSBM into "Super Star Fox Melee"

Fox - Yet another character from the original 12. He should have his Assault COSTUME, but keep the melee proportions. A lot of people hate the assault costume, and I believe because its of the weird proportions they give Fox in the game. The costume itself is good.

See Falco's post, replace falco with fox

Megaman X – The signature blue bomber hailing from Capcom. I chose X besides the original Megaman for several reasons. In Megaman x4-6, X used Zero's saber, this opens a lot of moveset opportunities. Especially for the A moves. Also X has never been in a cross over, the original Megaman has been in several. Granted, I would be happy if the original made it.

Honestly I feel that Megaman is far more overrated than sonic, so no.

Captain Falcon – A prime example of a character entering Smash as nothing and turning into something. Now I don't mean game wise, I am talking about fighting wise. You never saw him show any signs of pyrokinesis in his games. This is a good reference to people who argue that “Y cants use X because in Y's game Y never uses that.”

I like C.Falcon, he just needs a better voice.

Deathborn – I know I really should put Samurai Gorah here since his fan base is much larger, but I just cant stand Gorah. An overweight samurai does not appeal to me. I do not like Black Shadow because he is a less cooler batman that had his way with a little too many steriods. Now to Deathborn himself I absolutely love his design. Cheesy, sure, but a great one nonetheless. His moveset could be an awesome one. His play style could be similar to Ganon's since I assume he is getting revamped and a lot of people like Ganon's old moveset. Now I am not saying just slap on Ganon's Melee moveset onto Deathborn, some moves would be easy to transfer though, such as Ganon's Dair and Fair. His B move should be unique. I hope I made what I mean clear enough on this one.

yes, yes and yes, Although Pico could be a good choice also...

Snake - Confirmed

No argument here

Jigglypuff – The classic character that everyone thought (or at least I did) was the worst character in Melee (I am talking about during casual play). To lose to jigglypuff was to be humiliated. Why take that away? Another character from the original 12.

She is practically a smash bros classic, she has GOT to stay

Pikachu - Confirmed

Pokemon is overrated, but Pikachu is not

Lucario – Probably one, if not the coolest of the new generation of Pokemon. Eventhough I dislike his character design, the spikes are my main problem with it, but after watching some clips of him he is a very interesting character. Also his fan base and the movesets that spawned with them also proves this point. I could easily imagine Lucario being an excellent addition to Brawl.

Interesting, he feels to be one of the better pokemon.

Mewtwo – Another character I am baffled to hear that some people want him kick out. Sure he was not spectacular in melee, but with a new game comes new opportunities. He could easily be an awesome character to use, and there are a lot of things that could fix him up.

Fix him up indeed!

Wolf - The whole Wolf vs Krystal argument is dragged on too much unneeded. They are both excellent choices for new characters, and they should both make it onto Brawl. Wolf has been my all time favorite character from the star fox series ever since I played Star Fox 64. I consider him a sure foot in along with Krystal. Chances are he is going to be my new main. To everyone who says he would be a lame clone of Fox, stop being narrow minded. There are tons of lists around the boards that prove you otherwise.

I have to agree with Tera on this one

Krystal – Krystal, like many people before me have pointed out time and time again, already has a moveset that basically writes itself. The chance to wield her staff makes for a unique and very opportune character.

Again, I have to agree with Tera on this one

Ness - Again, another part of the original 12, there is no reason why Ness should be booted.

ness definetly needs a makeover

Geno – Before you people freak out how I went over the three 3rd party characters limit, the 2-3 3rd party characters was a rough estimate and I see it as its possible to go a little over. I honestly think that there's a good chance for Geno and X to be in the game. I do not see any reason why Square would hold off on this character, thus probably one of the easiest 3rd party characters to get a license to use. Him being high on Sakurai's poll also helps his chances.
Initially I was opposed to Geno, but through reanalysis I have gotten around to liking him. I am not a fan of his character design (mainly the ugly orange curls), but his personality and his methods of attacks outweigh it big time. Even just for homage to one of the greatest rpgs ever made is enough to grant him a spot on the precious 3rd party slots.

Honestly... although he's good I would rather not see him in brawl, just leave it with snake and sonic for the 3rd party.

Skull Kid – I have to admit I have never played Majora's Mask. But his character design is an awesome one and from what I hear his potential is pretty big. The tentacles is a especially great idea and I would love to try this guy out in Brawl. His fan base is surprisingly large so it is not a long shot to say he will make it.

...Are you kidding me?! Honestly I would rather see Midna in place of that freak: despite majora's mask being one of the better zelda games, I honestly say that tingle is better than him... and Midna is better than both of them.

Question Mark? - Since I combined Sheik and Zelda again I have an empty spot. I would like to use it for an earthbound character but I do not know which one as I am not too familiar with the series. If you have any suggestions but please give an explanition WHY.

Well anyway, SSBB needs women; Krystal was the only new female character you introduced, Zsamus does not count since she honestly is one character split into two.

I Already outlined Midna when reviewing the skull kid., but still I have my hopes up for her in brawl.

Lyn and Titania from Fire emblem in my opinion would be perfect for brawl: both are women, and Titania uses a halberd, pulling away from the sword user cliche; nailing three birds with one stone.

Paula and/or jeff from earthbound would work too...

For the retro Characters, I'd go with Mach Rider or Lil Mac.

Honestly I'm not very familiar with Mother 3, To tell you the truth, I don't even know if it's released in the US... but that didn't stop Fire emblem now did it? ;)

I say no to Dark Samus because: Clone, Cliche, no Ridley= bad idea. But Spire feels like he could be a good addition.

Pokemon... I would say Cubone or Absol, just for some reason when i saw the word "Absolute" I thought that Absol could make a good addition to brawl.

mario.... uhh... well...

Waluigi, as a wario character would be an interesting addition

As for the suspected Miyamoto... I honestly say it would be a whacked out blast to play as him. :D

enough said for this.

Pit - Confirmed

I have to agree with Tera again for the some-odd'th time now.

C. Removed Characters

Roy – A seemingly unimportant Fire Emblem lord now. He could easily be replaced with a better more unique lord. The sword users are already stacking up too much as it is.

Agreed, But honestly I couldn't care two cents about Roy.

Doctor Mario - The fact of the matter is, all Doctor Mario is, is Mario in a labcoat. Though I understand why people would want to keep him, as they like his play style more so then Mario's. Though I want him removed from the game does not mean that his influence is completely gone (More on this later).

Agreed, plus too many mario characters (Not that it's an overly bad thing)

Pichu - Pichu is a rather useless character. It may seem a little harsh but he is just a scrawny less effective Pikachu. More then likely on the top of the expected list of characters not making the cut.

Well I'd have to disagree on Pichu's uselessness, but it feels that he needs to go.

Young Link – Now this one I know I am going to get some back talking for this. To be honest I don't see why everyone likes Young Link. He is Link.....but younger. Sure he is used a lot in the Zelda games and can get a unique moveset but why do that? I see it as given Doctor Mario or Pichu a unique moveset. Sure it makes them unique now, but it seems to be a waste of development time when you could just put a better character in. To those of you who think I am a hypocrite (Xianfeng), there is reason behind why I think Zero Suit Samus and Sheik are a completely different case than Young Link. Link and Young Link fight and look almost completely indentical. Zelda fights with magic, and Sheik fights with martial arts. They also look so different that they can be considered a whole different person. Same goes for Zero Suit Samus. Samus is in a huge battlesuit and wields completely different weapons than Zero Suit Samus. Again they are so different they could easily be considered two different people. You can not say that about Young Link.

agreed, we do not want too many (if any at all) clones.

Well, I'm done with this considerably long post,

-AK

P.S. I love your selection screen, You are freaking awesome with photoshop.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Here are my commwents about his comments

A lot of people are who are alreadysaying sonic is confirmed tobe in the game, but there's no proof as far as I know. Still, his popularity seems to pretty much guarentee it, we'll just have to wait and see.

Mario- Confirmed

oh yeah, right, like there's ever going to be a fighting game withNintendo characters that doesn't include Nintendo's mascot. :p

Luigi's awesome! although his moves are a bit too similar to Mario's sometimes. I liked his Green missile, though! Also, Luigi's voice shouldn't be that high-pitched Mario voice from thelast two games. It should be his current voice.

Yeah, peach should stay. Shes one of the main characters of the Mario series, or as we like to call, The Big 8. Mario and Luigi are alos part oftheBig 8.

Another member ofthe Big 8, and tied with Wario as one of the most wanted charactersfor Brawl in the Nintendo Power poll. it'd be coolto see him.

yet another one of the Big 8, and the main villin of Nintendo's flagship series. I don't see him going anywhere.

Another one of the Big 8, and possibly the most popular mario character out there. that's why i hatehim, because of his ultimate popularity, but I don't mind him too much. He's going to be in, either way.

Her name is in the title of one of Nintendo's best series. I think she's got a good chance of returning.

Link - Confirmed

i remember my first zelda game, Link's Awakening. Ahh, good times.

Main villainof the Zelda series, so heshould be in. In fact, I've seen several people saying he's alreadybeen confirmed, but I assumed they're abunchof n00bs (correct me otherwise). Although, this time, pease don't make him a slower version of Captain Falcon.

Mr. Game & Watch is SO COOL! And his one of the main characters I use often. I definetly don't want to see him going anywhere!

Wario - Confirmed

Another one of the Big 8, and ones of my favorites!

Ice Climbers rock! i hardly knew who they werewhen ifirst saw them, but now I'm glad i know them! I really think they should stay.

My most wanted character for Brawl, I really hope he makes it!

I think he's very popular in Japan, plus he's been in 2 Fire Emblem games and the Fire Emblem anime, so I don't expect him to be going anywhere

I wanted him to be in at first, but now I'm not so sure. I'd rather have Ike of perhaps Sothe be in.

The last of the Big 8, and is as old as Mariohimself. Nope, don't expecthim to begoing anywhere1

OH MY GOSH! They didn't even includ him in Melee, even as a trophy! He HAS to be in this game, somewhere!

I'd say thereshold be more metroid characters, so yeah,i'd like tosee him in there.

Ithink they're both the same character, as the super smash Dojo site states that Samus achieves this form through "special conditions".

Samus - Confirmed

Samus is cool.

Metaknight - Confirmed

Meta-Knight's cooler! :p

Kirby - Confirmed

My best character, and second favorite Nintendo character! Glad he's back!

make him different from Fox.

Yeah, he's confirmed, and he looks different. Maybe he plays different, too...

Either the normal MegaMan, or no MegaMan at all is what I say.

He's cool, and my firend is a huge fan of F-Zero. He'd be pretty pissed if he wasn't included.

I hardly even know who this guy is, so i don't really think he'd bein. perhaps Samurai Goroh (my choice0 or pico

Snake - Confirmed

I was fairly shocked when I first saw him!

Jigglypuff. I like her .:)

Pikachu - Confirmed

A SSB game without pokemon is hardly SSB at all. And pokemon without pikachuis hardly Pokemon at all!

He seems fairly popular, but personally my choice is Deoxys.

Yeah, changehim, please!

Wolf actually turned out to be pretty popular over at Toad's Castle. Hemight be in.

Krystal is my choice! Hope she makes it!

Ness is cool. Yeah, ithinkhe should stay.

Geno... Yeah,Geno...

I'd prefer to see Vaati, or even Old Man, more then this guy, but that's my opinion.

I'd love to see Stafy, or maybe Captain Syrup, in Brawl!

Pit - Confirmed

you know, Pit wasgoing to be in the original SSB, but was replaced by Jigglypuff. i wonere where he'd be now if he wasin SSB...

C. Removed Characters

Roy – A seemingly unimportant Fire Emblem lord now. He could easily be replaced with a better more unique lord. The sword users are already stacking up too much as it is.

I agree. roy was added to Melee, for themost part, just to promote the game he starred in. i see no reason, besides his popularity, why he should stay.

i'd liketosee a chargeof clothes for Mario as Dr. Mario in Brawl. it's definitely a betteridea then acompletely seperate character, if yoou ask me.

Agreed, no question.

Young link should go. Seriously.

Tera253

Smash Ace
To Tera

Roy: agreed
Geno: What? but Geno is awesome! How could you not want him? Sakurai has stated he doesn't just want popular characters. But he wants characters that are supported by fans. EVERYONE loves Geno!*
*Tera knows one who doesn't.

every character has a fanbase, even if it does only consist of 2 people. the only exceptions to this might be Osama Bin Laden, Brad Pitt, and Jessica Simpson, but nobody cares about them anyways.

Oh, and ZodiakLucien, despite Tera's arguments, she must say that is an excellent job once again.

the verdict: ERAGON FOR BRAWL!!! *kidding*
the REAL verdict: no character should get the cut.
~Tera253~

Tera253

Smash Ace
exactly. and Pit was supposed to be in instead of Jigglypuff, but Jiggs apparently had a rising in Japan, and is now their 'favorite pokemon' just like US's is Pikachu.
but yeah, Peach and Bowser actually would have amade a few too many MArio characters in porportion to the others.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
No Fierce Deity Link?

You make me a sad panda. :cry:
O_o the only person I know who is a sad panda..EVER..is Bazoo. And if you are..you know who I am. And you know what I'm talking about. If not, sorry :dizzy:

On topic, I like this thread. But the character screen..seems somewhat..dwarfed compared to Melee's. I'm more for the full screen character select thing. Mainly because it seems like there are more people to play as :laugh:

Top Bottom