• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After shine, if you want to do pillars do you guys full dump or fast double 2x jump?

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
After I shine and want to do pillar...
is double jumping right away bad? i find it faster than full jumping... and 2x jumping lets you be above the opponent faster... =l

need opinions

Wingu

Smash Rookie
I don't really know any reason myself to have to do a double jump, since the normal jump seems to be enough. It sounds more dangerous if anything in case they manage to hit you off the edge and you'd be left with only your B recoveries, but I'm curious as well if there's any particular advantage to double jumping.

DI Guy

Smash Rookie
I have a similar problem. I find it depends on the character you are facing. A fast faller, for example, requires only one full jump, a floaty character however will probably take more than one jump. Of course by the time you double jump Marth will have already n-air'd =.='

X1-12

Smash Champion
If my sine is going to send them to full jump height i sometimes do instant double jump so that i can spike them whilst i'm fastfalling allready so that i can reach the ground before them to stop them teching

you have to use you're judgement depending on how high yo expect them to go and how long they'll be in hitstun etc

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you double jump you can fast fall sooner than if you just full jumped, which lets you reach the ground sooner to follow their DI from the dair that i'm assuming you hit them with and shine/utilt them back for more.

Wingu

Smash Rookie
Oh I see cool, it seems to be a pretty simple way to give some variation to Falco's dair combos and suiting certain situations.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if its vs fastfallers and they are low percents wavedash out and short hop.

if its vs fast fallers and they are on platforms or something and makes shorthopping awkward then double jump fast fall

full jump vs floaties

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Yeah it just depends on the character/DI.

Against fast fallers (say Fox at 0%) shine, WD towards the direction they DI. If they don't DI at all SH and dair again.

For a floatier character like Marth (also at 0%), shine, double jump towards the directions they DI, time your dair so it hits them just before the end of their hit stun> etc.

This is very basic. Certain situations call for different actions of course.

bobert4936

Smash Cadet
i usaully always short hop out of my shine. it allows for easier waveshine for me. allows to double jump, allows for jc shine if u do it quick or just shine sh shine, and allows for shine pillar/shine fair shield pressures, and in some stages like battlefield, dreamland, you can short hop out of sheild double jump into perfect waveland on the higher platform, i think it gives more versatility. i usually never full jump out of my shine unless im trying to mix up combos or against jigz marth etc, but i still dotn really full jump.

SirComeSizeMe

Smash Rookie
After I shine and want to do pillar...
is double jumping right away bad? i find it faster than full jumping... and 2x jumping lets you be above the opponent faster... =l

need opinions
I tend to DJ (I drink them also).

How far away of a drive is it to Mississauga from Sudbury?

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i just waveshine everytime.. then shorthop for fast fallers and DJ for floaties.
unless ofcoarse im going straight to shine>Bair insto combah

Top Bottom