• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against floaties

Venom NY

Smash Lord
What do u guys do to them?I know the usual d throw to nair or u air crap.But against characters like samus what do u guys do when ur u airs turn into pudding.What do u do to peach at low percent cuz nair only single hits and u air wont send them anywhere.

SO yeah help :confused::confused::(:chuckle::lick::psycho::cool:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
nair does not single hit at low percents you are not connecting or DI'ing your nair properly. back air works well on floaties.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
What do u guys do to them?I know the usual d throw to nair or u air crap.But against characters like samus what do u guys do when ur u airs turn into pudding.What do u do to peach at low percent cuz nair only single hits and u air wont send them anywhere.

SO yeah help :confused::confused::(:chuckle::lick::psycho::cool:
It's important to stay in the range of when you have easy setups to kill. So make sure your aware of when you can nair to knee easily and simple things like that. When they have gone way over percentage I just try to get under them and upair. Or just space bairs every which way.

Red.

Smash Ace
Falcon has amazing combos on floaties

Nairs to knee for example is amazing on them.

Dthrow to knee,uair,nair

dair to dair works for over 30%

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Still you gotta admit, floaties are a pain in the ***, mostly the ones with godly recovery i.e. samus >: l

Venom NY

Smash Lord
Still you gotta admit, floaties are a pain in the ***, mostly the ones with godly recovery i.e. samus >: l
this another thing i forgot to reffer 2,YOU CANNOT D THROW KNEE SAMUS i tried doing that 2 wes in tournament and i lost so close i woulda won the set if it werent for that.And the only thing falcon can do to that bisch is u airs and uairs get retardedly weak after a while,what do i do then?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
this another thing i forgot to reffer 2,YOU CANNOT D THROW KNEE SAMUS i tried doing that 2 wes in tournament and i lost so close i woulda won the set if it werent for that.And the only thing falcon can do to that bisch is u airs and uairs get retardedly weak after a while,what do i do then?
Not much really. This is a tough matchup for me. As much as it pains me to say it...use ganon >.>. Reverse Uairs from ganon do better at gimping samus's recovery.

I mean it's ridiculously difficult to combo a good samus with CF especially when they get high damage....

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
At higher percents if they don't DI away you can full jump knee them. Same with other floaties. But if they DI away or down you can't get it.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Once she gets past a certain percent, you won't be able to combo her anymore. Try to keep her above you or (preferably) off the stage with spaced uairs and such. Don't get too frustrated or desperate for the kill. She can still gimp you pretty easily if you mess up or just do something stupid, which only adds to your problems. If you just keep the pressure on, she'll eventually die to an uair or a bair. A whiffed or blocked dsmash is a free Knee. The same applies to her fsmash, albeit to a lesser extent.

As for Peach... I don't know. I think Falcon combos her really well. Dthrow > Knee is like a guaranteed kill.

Baseline

Smash Rookie
Good advice >_>

Just do a bunch of random aerials, Falcon is too good.
lol. when samus has crazy di this seems about right. is there any combos that will combo to a knee it seems only time i have kneed a samus is when i snuck a knee in instead of doing a different aerial

Hax

Smash Champion
yo dionis (venom).. i know what you're talking about lol, i can't dthrow -> nair floaties when i haven't played in a while, either.. it only single-hits them. the trick is to wait like half a second and not nair immediately so that they fall a bit. then, both hits will connect.

oh and btw, against samus, bair and uair are your kill moves, especially uair. if samus tries to grapple the stage i suggest doing the ganondorf trick where you wd off and uair backwards, it works really well. samus w/o her grapple isn't that hard to edgeguard, just don't go out there and try to hit her. :)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
really that's % and DI dependent.
I kind of thought it was implied that it doesn't kill until higher percents. As for DI dependent... Just about every combo is DI dependent, but the fact is that even the best players sometimes DI poorly. DI dependent ≠ ineffective.

I agree with Hax. If you're too aggressive with your edgeguarding against Samus, you'll find yourself getting gimped. Then again, killing her bombs forces her to recover lower, which leaves her with fewer options.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Against most floaties back air spam is a good conservative option. Against peach I love to grab spam, it combos so easy into knee, uair or nair at low percents. Against samus I try to work the platforms the best i can and catch her with upairs.

Top Bottom