• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against MetaKnight

Andurian

Smash Cadet
I found something interesting that sometimes works. It's not gaurenteed but meh, it works and you don't die.

My friend use to main MetaKnight (til he heard about the possible ban). He used Shuttle Loop to kill players, and used it off the ledge from below his opponent. Lucario has down air to stop momentum so... I decided to try it.

MetaKnight positioned himself so he would hit me as I fell I used down air and as a result was too high to be hit... and my kicks were positioned to hit him. I hit him on the inside as well so he was knocked towards the edge and died.

The problem with just dodging is that Shuttle Loop comes back around so that makes it harder to dodge both hits.

I once tried this again against him and he compensated by aiming higher. I didn't use down air and as a result was too low. Also, I jumped before his second pass and managed to dodge both attacks, ending up in the middle of the loop. The advantage to this is that I was able to down air him.

It's something to try. It's not easy to do I don't think but if you play against MetaKnight daily in friendlies... well... you may as well try.

I don't have a video of this simply because our matches last much too long for that. If I ever do, I'll be sure to post it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've had times where dair stalling in the "eye of the storm" has saved me. I would be right in the middle, where it didn't hit, and dair would punish it, lol.

Jaxyl

Smash Rookie
Interesting, I'd like to ask you and your friend to play a short match just so you can upload a video of that. I have problems with MK as well and the Loop is definitely a factor.

Not saying you have to or anything, but it would be awesome of you if you could and I would definitely give you +5 internets.

Andurian

Smash Cadet
I would love to. Unfortunately, he no longer plays MetaKnight (although I did pull it off during a pre-tournament friendly...). Also, he can't... or at least doesn't know how to put videos online... and I don't have a Wii ^^.

I'll see what I can do though. I'll try to talk to my other friends in an attempt to just set up a small video of it (probably won't be an actual match since this other person doesn't use MetaKnight at all).

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I already knew about this. I always try to predict MK's shuttle loop and use Lucario's down+air when I'm in the right position. It's funny when it works, cause MK usually doesn't shuttle loop for a while after that.

Damedesu

Smash Rookie
I play a friend's MK all the time and used to do that to him a lot. But now he'll use it after fairs on the side of the stage (as a combo finisher), on the ground, or on the side of me (though I can air dodge those). If your opponent knows you're going to step on their head, they'll change it up.

M@v

Subarashii!
Aura Sphere Spam is MASSIVELY helpful here. Fsmash out ranges him too. But this is still a hard matchup for you. (Then again, its hard for almost everyone)

Top Bottom