• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against the Space Animals

ethadream

Smash Rookie
Hey,

Today I faced a Wolf online. The lag existed, but not really big enough to cause major concerns.

However, I found fighting Wolf (and therefore probably Falco and Fox) difficult, due to his lasers. PT's only projectile, Razor Leaf, doesn't cancel out Wolf's lasers (not sure about Falco's or Fox's). And it really isn't longer. On a stage like Final Destination, I have trouble getting the wolf player to come to me.

So I tried approaching him. But I didn't really know how. I tried rolling, but Wolf countered with his Fsmash's immense range.

Any thoughts? Who would be the ideal pokemon to use against projectile users?

Thanks
Etha

slave1

Smash Lord
your going to have to mind game like a king, crawling with squirt, if they are laser locking. wolf i have trouble with but i have yet to play a good one. but you can move much faster that wolfs laser any day, also side stepping. that is the best way around his forward smash

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
you can squirtle duck/crawl under fox and falco lasers but i've also had HUGE problems with wolf, exactly as the op described. i think pt is at a disadvantage against all three, but i'd love to see some tactics that could help minimize this.

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
you can squirtle duck/crawl under fox and falco lasers but i've also had HUGE problems with wolf, exactly as the op described. i think pt is at a disadvantage against all three, but i'd love to see some tactics that could help minimize this.
Unfortunately, everyone is at a disadvantage against the space animals. I'm still working on that one myself.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that with every character I've mained: Space Animals are a problem. I keep switching mains because of them.

S0KZ

Smash Cadet
Heh, I actually find them quite simple to deal with when you see through all their traps they set. The key thing to know about fighting wolf that knows what he's doing is how to abuse the fact that he camps. I simply jump over the lasers as Ivysaur hit him with a leaf, he hits me with a laser an so forth. I gain some ground doing this, when I'm in range of his FSmash I quickly dodge it(if he does it) and just punish him for it. It really is a chance game, who ever reacts quicker is going to win. Instead of falling into all of his traps, set him up for some of your own.

Also you can't crawl under Wolf's lasers with Squirtle.

Darr06

Smash Cadet
i dont know if this will work against wolf but against fox and falco u can use charizard and sh, then jump into his glide and glide just above the laser track. since theres a little lag when putting the gun away, i'm usually able to hit straight from my glide or cancel out. what u do when u get into melle range is totally up to u but i like charizards grab

ethadream

Smash Rookie
Oh cool, thanks guys.

I like the idea of gliding attack, forgot about that move for a bit.
The more we play against the space animals, the better we get at fighting them, no?

Kantō

Smash Champion
1.u can also use ivysaur for his range capablilty, his grabs can be done from far away (ex. wolf is commin at u, just razor leaf and grab him)
2. do u know how to properly dash dance with squirtle? it will help
3. charizards short hop is amazing

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
bry the main problem is approaching wolf when he's laser camping. razor leaves are slower than the lasers, so you can't use that. dash dancing is just lol, you'll get lasered in the process. triple hopping over the lasers could work, but you are open to wolf's fsmash and it's ridiculous range.

Top Bottom