• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aggressive Smash-Type A: Melee/Brawl New Venue, Same New Rules

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I can't

I work for the government and there's too much red tape to do that

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I would say that for the sake of Aura and the rest of the younger brawlers, we probably shouldn't start that late (since you won't stay and party with us)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
What?

people say goat and I think of "waiting" lol

mdsmith46

Smash Rookie
i think i got three other people to come with me to play. are you guys going to do team brawl? if so, will it be with or without teamate damage?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No bans in 2/3. Winner of 4th match bans a stage in 3/5 i believe. Strongbad might know more about this.
Bo3: 1 stage ban, to be declared upon winning a game (either game 1 or 2)
Bo5: No stage bans.

DSR enabled.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I've cleaned up and updated the OP and added my address and time that people should arrive.

If you are coming from somewhere other than Omaha, please let me know if you are planning on attending asap so I can better fit your needs.

If you have work and need us to hold an event early/later, let me know so I can possibly accommodate your needs.

mdsmith46

Smash Rookie
Me and my 3 friends will be there for the tourniment. we will be playing the brawl singles and doubles. i dont think i will be able to be there at 1 though. are you doing the meele or the brawl tourniment first?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol, the later people want to start the better, the tournament won't actually start at 1, that's just when I'll wake up and open my doors. The actual tournaments will be going on simultaneously so long as people bring set ups (i.e. Gamecube/melee and Wii/brawl/melee, I have 6 TV's so that should be fine) and people arrive on time.

What time are you planning on getting here, I can better fit your schedule, and maybe we can start melee a bit earlier assuming that works too.

mdsmith46

Smash Rookie
what is the latist i could come and play? i could possibly make it around 5 or 6. also is mk banned? thats my best character. its cool if he is. im sure you guys will kill me anyway. how good are you guys?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MK is banned but if it would completely ruin you chances I'd be willing to reconsider it (so long as it doesn't change OOS attendance and in state attendance yadadaa). I think we could probably do brawl second if 4 people are seirously coming.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
don't worry Tyser, it's just no bans for 3/5 but I don't know that we are doing that rules yet as I haven't changed them and the tournament is in like a week.

mdsmith46

Smash Rookie
go ahead and ban mk. I dont want anyone to get upset and im sure it wont matter. this is my first tournament. i will try to find someone else i can use. any suggestions?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I have confirmation that the best of the best from Nebraska melee will be in attendance for this. David said he's gonna try and get work off but we may end up doing the melee events first.

The best of the best from Nebraska brawl will be in attendance, but Tyser won't enter brawl because he doesn't want to lose to joker.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
He's the best of Iowa, I am the best in Nebraska by default. Wang and Skizm are good Iowa players who are coming with him but Joker is on a different level, even from myself.

Meaning Joker eats me alive.

There are other players in Iowa who only play doubles :p who is really good, and then a few other players who beat me about half the time, if not more/less but they are either inactive or going to a different tournament in Cincinnati or something on the same day.

mdsmith46

Smash Rookie
what is the lower tier? is that for people to play in a tournament that are not as good?

mdsmith46

Smash Rookie
so if i use like pit or lucas that is in the lower tier? is that a different tournament or the same as everyone but you only pay 2 dollars instead of 10?

resTy

Smash Champion
The main tournament is $10. You pick any character you want, best tier or shit tier, it's up to you. A low tier tournament is exactly what it says it is; a tournament where only low tier characters are allowed. This will be a $2 tournament. They are not the same thing. Hope that cleared things up for you, bub.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I know I'm teaming with JBM for melee doubles, idk about brawl doubles, I'll ask at games tonight/tomorrow/thursday but if him/david don't wanna team I will team with you.

mdsmith46

Smash Rookie
sweet thanks for all the help guys. i got another guy to come. so i am back to bringing 4 people i might have another one on top of that to make it 5. do you want me and my brother to bring our system?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yes, systems would be great! I don't think I need TV's, I have 3 TV's perfect for singles (read: Small) and 3 TV's perfect for dubs (read: big).

LOW TIERS

Melee-F tier (zelda, Roy, Yoshi, G&W, MewTwo, Bowser, Ness kirby and pichu)

Brawl-G tier (Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Link,Captain Falcon, Jiggz, Zelda ganon)

Top Bottom