• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Agnes Oblige for DLC and why you should want it!

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
New: Sign our Petition! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/agnes-oblige-for-dlc-for-super-smash-bros-for-wii
Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/Agnes4SmashDLC

Who is Agnes, you ask? Well, it's this wonderful lady right here:

If you don't recognize her, she is one of the 4 main charters of the game Bravely Default. Most of you have probably never heard of it, or know very little about it, so I'll inform you on what you need to know.

Bravely Default is the reboot of classic Final Fantasy Games such as Final Fantasy 3!

Interested? Bravely Default was created by Square Enix: a series that so far has no representation in smash, and I know that a lot of people want it. I've seen the black mage as a suggested character multiple times, but Agnes has a step up on them. Why?

Agnes Oblige is a main character of 2 modern 3DS exclusive titles!

Yup! Agnes is incredibly relevant today. Bravely Default is still on the shop to be sold, and Bravely Second also features her and will be released in the near future.

But what about her move set, you ask? Well…

Agnes has one of the most diverse set of move possibilities of any possible character!

Agnes can be one of many different jobs in Bravely Default, each with its own abilities. She can take abilities from these various jobs for her standard and special attacks, including…
-The Valkyrie's ability to jump great heights and attack from above.
-The Thief's ability to steal items out of the opponent's hands.
-Healing magic.
-Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Dark, and Light, Earth, and Time magic.
-The ability to summon god-like creatures to help her fight,
-They ability to summon other players to help her fight.
-The Archer's ability to handle a bow and aim for an opponent's weak points.
-And…

The Brave and Default game mechanics are something unique she can bring to Smash!

In Bravely Default, a player can select the default command to guard for a small amount of time, cutting damage they take as they store up BP. They can then use brave by expending 1 or more BP in order to take one extra turn per BP used. This can be utilized by Sakurai, in a variety of ways, but rest assured it will be different from anything else we've seen in smash before!

And finally, quite possibly the best reason to have Agnes in smash is…

Bravely Default has some of the greatest music of all time, and it can bring it over to Smash!

Does the name Linked Horizon, or Revo, sound familiar to you? No? Let me put this another way…

Yes, that's right, Bravely Default's soundtrack was done by the same person who did the famous opening to Attack on titan, Guren no Yumiya!
Of course, this song can't be in Smash, but…

Here are some that can!

You many have to wait for some of the better parts in these songs, so I've written the times any especially good parts that you have to wait for under them. Some of the songs loop several times before getting to the later parts, which are often really good. Not that the beginning parts aren't awesome, but I feel like they give a bad impression of the length of a single loop.

2:48
2:28
2:57, 4:40
1:07
Rally your support, and get hyped for possible DLC! It may go along with the release of Bravely Second in Japan or US, so cross your fingers and hope for the best!

Make sure you like the OP and post in the thread if you support this decision. It brings attention to the rest of the fandom, and widespread desire among the fandom is the sort of thing that can help someone get into the next game if they aren't DLC!

New: Sign our Petition! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/agnes-oblige-for-dlc-for-super-smash-bros-for-wii
Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/Agnes4SmashDLC

Last edited:
*thinks*

I did just play Bravely Default and thought it was the 2nd best 3DS game of all time at the moment behind Smash Bros.

Hmmmmm..........................................................................................................................

Alright, I loved the game. I'm 100% for this

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
If we ever did get a character from Bravely Default, it wuld be Tiz.
But, like I said before, Tiz isn't part of the marketing campaign of Bravely Second. Even if he IS in it, the person in all the trailers is Agnes. She's a better representation of the two games.

But, like I said before, Tiz isn't part of the marketing campaign of Bravely Second. Even if he IS in it, the person in all the trailers is Agnes. She's a better representation of the two games.
Marketing isn't exactly a reason why a character should get into Smash. As far as I know, Tiz shows up in Bravely Second.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Marketing isn't exactly a reason why a character should get into Smash. As far as I know, Tiz shows up in Bravely Second.
I suppose he could be, but Agnes seems to be much more prominent in her role in both game combined. I'd hardly say Tiz was any more of a main character than Agnes was. He was the first character you get, but not much more than that. The 4 of them were all advertised as equally main characters, from my memory, so her role in Bravely Second is gives her an edge. I suppose it could be Tiz, it would work the same, but I think Agnes is more likely.

Then again, it's not like which one it is would make a difference. Maybe all 4 of the main characters could be part of her costumes!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Her outfit looks kinda familiar....

I guess she looks pretty neat. Not sure if she's overly likely though but I guess I'd be cool with her.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I haven't played the game yet (I do fully intend to though), but she does nevrtheless seem like a very interesting candidate for character DLC.

I suppose he could be, but Agnes seems to be much more prominent in her role in both game combined. I'd hardly say Tiz was any more of a main character than Agnes was. He was the first character you get, but not much more than that. The 4 of them were all advertised as equally main characters, from my memory, so her role in Bravely Second is gives her an edge. I suppose it could be Tiz, it would work the same, but I think Agnes is more likely.

Then again, it's not like which one it is would make a difference. Maybe all 4 of the main characters could be part of her costumes!
Alright, besides character importance, why should a character from a Final Fantasy spin-off get in? What about some classic Square Enix characters?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I heard that this franchise did very well marketing-wise, and I consider her as one of the possible candidates to promote the upcoming sequel. (Assuming third-party choices are more open)
When does the sequel come out, I see Winter 2014 in Wikipedia, shouldn't we have known the date by now?

Folt

Smash Ace
If a Bravely Default character got in, I'd rather it be Ringabel because he was the best of the 4.

Edea is a possible compromise.

On the other hand, I love the music from BD, so if Agnés was picked I can at least console myself with the fact that That Person's Name Is/He Off The Name will most likely be a song I could battle to.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Alright, besides character importance, why should a character from a Final Fantasy spin-off get in? What about some classic Square Enix characters?
Modern Relevance. I'm pretty sure, if Enix had a choice, they'd ask Sakurai to use a Bravely character, if not Agnes. They do want to sell copies, after all.

Also I really want Revo's music in the game.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Main issue I think is although first premiering on the Nintendo 3DS, Bravely Default and it's characters are owned by SE as a third party. Same situation Geno is in and we all know how Square is about that.

Heropon Riki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
atlantis24
3DS FC
4725-8178-7452
While I doubt it happening, I would love it as we could get Serpent Eating the Ground in a stage. The fact that its not in Smash is unacceptable.:laugh:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I just listened to Serpent on the Ground, holy eargasm. I just realized that was the final boss theme (which is stupid of me, but now I feel like buying BD now), the game has a pretty great soundtrack.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I just listened to Serpent on the Ground, holy eargasm. I just realized that was the final boss theme (which is stupid of me, but now I feel like buying BD now), the game has a pretty great soundtrack.
It's a really good game, and it has fun characters, good plot, great gameplay, and a great soundtrack. it's probably one of the best games of 2014.

Modern Relevance. I'm pretty sure, if Enix had a choice, they'd ask Sakurai to use a Bravely character, if not Agnes. They do want to sell copies, after all.

Also I really want Revo's music in the game.
Nah, we can't know for sure. I'm placing my bets on a Final Fantasy character. Might not be huge on Nintendo, but it is huge to gaming as a whole. I'm pretty sure that matters just as much when it comes to third parties.

Besides, if Square does get any form of representation and it is Final Fantasy, I think it's likely that there would be Bravely Default music. It's really good.
Bravely Default is one of the 3DS's best games. Go for it.

Last edited:
I don't care if either one of the 4 get in. They'll all have the same moveset potential anyway

Except Ringabel but that's spoiler territory

Final Fantasy was huge on Nintendo and is huge to gaming. No one can deny that. Period

Rikter

Smash Cadet
Marketing isn't exactly a reason why a character should get into Smash.
And honestly a good reason for a character to not be added namely because Roy was basically added for marketing but never actually showed up again past Melee. And honestly if a square representative showed up at all I would expect it to be from one of the main series NES or Super NES Final Fantasy games.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Serpent Eating The Ground is pretty good, but this one is the music I want. THE best fighting music!

Folt

Smash Ace
That Person's Name Is is the ultimate BD track!:happysheep:

(I would like Serpent Eating The Ground and/or Wicked Flight as other selectable songs though.)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I played Bravely Default just recently, holy cow the game's mechanics are so cool.
Though I'm neutral on Agnes herself now. :/
She seems to be more of a healing type character (from what I played so far). Though the Brave Default mechanic could make her a very interesting character.

Last edited:
You can make her into any class if you want. She doesn't have to be the healer all the time

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You're right.
The most recognizable design for Agnes is her Freelancer class.
There is one move she could easily take based on that class such as Treat and maybe prayer, the rest of the abilities don't seem very fitting to use for a Smash Bros. moveset.

Does she actually use wind in-game.
She is a vestal of the wind is she not?

She should stick with her freelancer costume. The asterisk system can be integrated into the game somehow but I'm thinking of something akin to Shulk's Monado Arts. I'm sure there's a more creative method on how to implement her asterisks. I don't think all of them have to be included

And eh, she indirectly uses the wind through prayers. The wind crystal actually handles the wind

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
By asterisk, you mean job right?
Similar to the K. Rool costume idea?
I don't really like that, just focus on the Brave Default mechanic so that novices can understand the basic idea.

Also a quick side question, what weapon would suit Agnes the most?
I personally think the standard weapons such swords are unfitting to Agnes's personality.
I think the small dagger suits her the most.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I can't believe this thread exists! Bravely Default is one of my favorite RPGs! I'm definitely supporting Agnes!

By asterisk, you mean job right?
Similar to the K. Rool costume idea?
I don't really like that, just focus on the Brave Default mechanic so that novices can understand the basic idea.

Also a quick side question, what weapon would suit Agnes the most?
I personally think the standard weapons such swords are unfitting to Agnes's personality.
I think the small dagger suits her the most.
I think she would either have a staff or a small dagger. I've mainly used her as a mage-type character.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You're right.
The most recognizable design for Agnes is her Freelancer class.
There is one move she could easily take based on that class such as Treat and maybe prayer, the rest of the abilities don't seem very fitting to use for a Smash Bros. moveset.

Does she actually use wind in-game.
She is a vestal of the wind is she not?
if shes a white mage she can learn the areo spells

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
She could always be like megaman and incorporate random abilities from all of the jobs into her A and B moves. She could just be in the freelancer form while she's using it. I mean, no one said it had to be 100% accurate to the game.

Folt

Smash Ace
If I had to pick one protagonist to join the Smash, I'd do Ringabel, within these parameters.

Dark Knight attacks + Black Mage spells in his Freelancer outfit. Totally achievable in the game, and a viable option with the right skills. As for why I picked those jobs, Ringabel's Intelligence stat is second to Agnés so he's most likely your first choice for a Black Mage, and everyone loves Dark Knights. Also, more dark elemental moves in Smash.

Though if we're compromising for Agnés, I'd mostly see her being similiar to Mega Man in that she'd take moves and spells from every asterisk and just have her fight in her Freelancer outfit... though that could be the case for every BD protagonist.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
But Agnes isn't about switching classes for moves in the middle of battle, it's about her Brave Default mechanic, the main gimmick for the entire franchise, unlike Megaman.
I don't want her to be a switcharoo, it doesn't suit her.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
…I'm a little bit confused why people think she is only allowed to use moves while she's in the costume for the class the move originates from. Just let her use all of them. Megaman never had all of the abilities he uses in smash all at once.

She isn't going to have some weird switching mechanic, she'll just use the moves.

Top Bottom