• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Agressive Falco?

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Basically it's high risk, high reward style of play. In brawl, most players agree that the low risk option is usually better. I feel it should never be done against characters who juggle well or do well off stage or you will find yourself in the air constantly and getting gimped every other stock.

It works best against characters like Ike, Marth, and Ganondorf who have a lot of laggy moves and do not gimp well. In my opinion you shouldn't play aggressive against characters like meta knight, luigi, lucario, meta knight, snake, or meta knight.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
It takes serious balls to play like that. When you tripped at the end I almost crapped myself

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
Going aggressive against marth will result in down tilt to Fair lock :3

Aggressive Falco is good, but situational. You don't play aggressive Falco all the time because a lot of characters can counter it, it's all about knowing when to be aggressive.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
get creative guys
nothing wrong with questioning the status quo
>.> if I had a nickle for every time this question has been asked though...

It's not questioning the status quo, it's just a matter of knowing when to play aggressive and when not to. Sure some people rather always be defensive but great falco players know when to mix it up. Playing aggressively 100% of the time will only work for certain match ups, Falco is built for mind games and smart tactics.

Some people are also smarter aggresors, some rather wait back and look for very clear openings. I would play a mostly aggressive Falco (to me it's a heck of a lot more fun) but that just isn't gonna win it against someone like Snake, or Marth, who can punish a lot of approaches on pure reaction.

Edit: Based on the vid... You're confusing an aggressive Falco with a Falco with a complete domain of spacing. If you play close attention, Kasper Rushed a lot, but with good spacing always practiced. Also, he got punished for rushing in from time to time, the Marth just didn't capitalize. The marth also lacked proper spacing, which is what makes this MU hard. You shouldn't try to always camp out marth, it just doesn't hurt him that much, this is a match of careful well placed spaced attacks, something Kasper clearly exercised. That, and he worked well with a lot of openings.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Aggressive play needs good reflexes to be viable.
If you have them then why shouldn't you ?

Also Kasper that's quite good, I want My Falco to look like this. Buffered dashes everywhereeeeeeeeeee.

Choice

Smash Champion
You can avoid air break vs marth by not pressing jump. Only snake can force that.

I love this vid though.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
wow by far like the most entertaining brawl vid i've watched in a few months LOL

i dont even care if kasper wins or not **** just looks sexy XD

Top Bottom