• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Does Eli play Smash 4? I may have just run into him on FG, but I'm not sure.

I missed him.

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Cosmo "AllSoldOut" Wright is my favorite Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U player, I like it when he streams Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and enters online customs tournaments in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. His customs Jigglypuff is insane, I have never seen such awe-inspiring plays and jaw-dropping moments in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U in my entire life. I love Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
As someone who has absolutely no stake in Smash 4, and whose opinion therefore means very little, I support using the emerging standardized ruleset.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
So right now HASL is still using 3 stock because we feel that using 3 stock is more beneficial to the player. 2 stock feels like the game is rushed and caters to viewers.

We use customs because so far it hasn't had a negative yet.

The stage list Is how it is because of some personal choice. A few people in Huntsville don't like stage hazards so halberd is not legal

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Serious or no? Cause we have been discussing this.
I am serious. Since Smash 4 is the last game, I don't mind the stock count, considering it wont hold the other tournaments up. Although I would prefer two stocks just to move things at a slightly quicker pace. But Smash 4 rules have slowly become more and more standardized as time has moved on and I don't know of any national that allows customs to be legal.

I don't think it necessarily hurts the tournament outcome now, but I've heard many out of state players scoff at our use of customs and previously our stage list as well (though I haven't heard any stage list complaints in a while).

And just from a personal perspective, if the rest of the country bans customs and we still have them legal, I feel like it would undermine our legitimacy a bit.

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
At the very least, HASL's customs don't accurately prepare people for out-of-town and OOS tournaments. And in my opinion, the objective should be to get as good as possible and to do as well as possible on a regional level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom