• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Yo I'll be at Bham Brawl. Been playing a bit of melee, thinking about picking it up seriously. Free tournament win for whoever meets me in round 1.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys after about 5 days I've finally finished uploading all the individual matches for each Birmingham Brawl here they are.
Birmingham Brawl 1: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPWJv4PpJ827AcU5mmUTtDnyQoom1UoqQ
Birmingham Brawl 2: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPWJv4PpJ827SjsCPtYmtasOWjzlPuX3q
Birmingham Brawl 3: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPWJv4PpJ82634rAXLilQ04YkF3UfHbx0
Birmingham Brawl 4: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPWJv4PpJ825GCDRieKRP1kbt50QII81a

Izaw

Smash Ace
So did you wreck him? As far as what I've seen, his Link is kinda booty. Upload more Link play sometime dude, everyone would love to see how you perform this patch. That match against Staticmany doesn't show what you're capable of. Too bad that's all the footage they uploaded of you, and Link play at Genesis 3 in general.
As soon as I'm home I'll upload sets, I have plenty

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
Oh yeah, everyone should definitely get some friendlies with me. I actually suck, but I like having a good time. I never even take real matches seriously.

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Who are you and why are you in our thread?
he's that Swedish Link dude that played shirtless with Armada!

it's my dream to play shirtless with a melee god one day
can't censor my dream no sir
try it and see what comes about
lil' hooligan

BeastRay

Smash Cadet
NNID
pray75
Looking for a Birmingham Brawl Smash 4 doubles partner. I play Fox and Sheik normally, but in doubles I mix it up. Don't want to be super picky but I would prefer someone who has a general idea of what they are doing. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Just get rid of both of them and put in bowser's alt. I like the Nebraska stage list.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if Brinstar Depths was legal in melee and I told you to just ban it instead of complaining about it.

Kind of keeps bans from doing what they're supposed to do.
But norfair doesn't have stage hazards. You complaining about norfair is like me complaining about fod, I don't think it's a good stage but it's fine being legal.

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
But norfair doesn't have stage hazards. You complaining about norfair is like me complaining about fod, I don't think it's a good stage but it's fine being legal.
Norfair is essentially as balanced as Corneria when the platforms are in the high state. In other words, strong usmashes and a certain uthrow combo start to kill around 40%.

Last edited:

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap I did not realize how atrocious Birmingham Brawl's PM stage list is. Norfair is terrible. Certain characters can just run away and never have to interact with their opponent.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
While we may argue a lot about the Melee pr list, I think one thing we have been good with has been being open to trying things the community would prefer so that the tournament experience can be more enjoyable. I'm no TO and I'm not sure if Norfair is a favorite of yours, but I feel if there is a bit of animosity towards it, why not do an event where the stages in question are banned? Or better yet, throw in a vote?

NNID
MasterIcarus7
I like the stage list, every character's best form of stage is represented evenly, while also not being über expansive.

EDIT: Screw Bowser's it makes snake broken, his mines are lower than the middle thing with Bowser's face, so you can't see them

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7
Ladies and Gentleman, you may recall that in the past, I attempted to make a results based rankings.

That didn't work.

Now I am back, and have switched to an ELO rating.

Your top ten for Project M is:
1. Ark
2. Ninkendo64
3. Moogle
4. GigaChicken
5. Zoma
6. CrimsonSun88
7. SuperFangChan
8. Spade
9. Power
10. Joot

These results are based off of all tournaments from Birmingham Brawl 4 onward. In order to be qualified for the full rankings, you must have played at least 6 games in bracket.

If you are interested in viewing the full rankings, they are available here: http://elorankings.com/rankings.aspx?id=2732&all=0

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and Gentleman, you may recall that in the past, I attempted to make a results based rankings.

That didn't work.

Now I am back, and have switched to an ELO rating.

Your top ten for Project M is:
1. Ark
2. Ninkendo64
3. Moogle
4. GigaChicken
5. Zoma
6. CrimsonSun88
7. SuperFangChan
8. Spade
9. Power
10. Joot

These results are based off of all tournaments from Birmingham Brawl 4 onward. In order to be qualified for the full rankings, you must have played at least 6 games in bracket.

If you are interested in viewing the full rankings, they are available here: http://elorankings.com/rankings.aspx?id=2732&all=0
Lol.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
I will more than likely be keeping Norfair because everyone has stages that they are going to hate on no matter what for different reasons. Like I hate FoD with a burning passion cause it messes up my movement and the platforms are completely unpredictable and come from the ground and I dislike FD cause I find no platforms to be boring, but I'm not going to ban them because I dislike them they deserve to be legal stages and serve as good counter picks.

Top Bottom