• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Your IC's scared the crap out of me. I'm gonna have to learn how to play against them. Atleast i've got the "don't grab IC's" thing down. :p
IC's are literally too good in Melee heh. I don't really know what to say in terms of beating them. Stomps works with Falcon, and Fox's shine separates them easily. other than that, its just don't get grabbed.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm Kalm.

I'm a hardcore smash player, and I've yet to fight someone I can call my superior in all my years of playing Smash.

I live in Ozark Alabame, I'm 21 in August of 08.

I've played the game so much I can use many many characters easily. My favorite characters right now are as followed: Meta Knight, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Lucas, Pikachu, and Marth.

My other favorites are: Bowser, Falco, Kind Dedede, Ike, and Toon Link.

My myspace is myspace.com/Mathias13. I will be checking messages and ready to accept and challenge offered to me, and I can also meet up for local play.

Fight me at your own risk.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
My first welcoming in a while but welcome Kalm. My arent we the confident one, we had someone else come in here along time ago bragging in that manner and he never proved himself at all. Anyways dont mind me cause i dont have anyone to play with in my area either so i dont have much proving to do. Although i have played good people XD.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
I'm Kalm.

I'm a hardcore smash player, and I've yet to fight someone I can call my superior in all my years of playing Smash.

I've played the game so much I can use many many characters easily. My favorite characters right now are as followed: Meta Knight, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Lucas, Pikachu, and Marth.

My myspace is myspace.com/Mathias13. I will be checking messages and ready to accept and challenge offered to me, and I can also meet up for local play.

Chances are, if you're new to these boards, and you haven't played anyone outside of your local area, there's probably a lot of people here better than you.

Welcome to the thread nonetheless.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'm Kalm.

*leon voice* Cocky little freaks!

Majist

Smash Journeyman
*leon voice* Cocky little freaks!
that was pigma, will.

at any rate, kalm, no one's going to consider you a good player if you main meta knight, sorry:p.
j/k. we'll all give ya a hard time, but we're cool.
where exactly is ozarke? i've never heard of that town. if you're within acceptable driving distance, you should come to huntsville. Our best players are here (Andy and .....Andy)

but until we actually meet you in person, i guess there's always online..... ew.

EDIT: Oh! and if you have an AIM screenname, i think that would be a more reliable way for us to get in touch with you for some matches. personally, i hate Myspace. but i know that most of us, if not all, use AIM if we want to get some online play.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Smash is fun. Whether it's Melee or Brawl. Must get together more often.
QFT. I think I've finally hit a balance in the Melee v Brawl department.

hey fellas. i didn't get to smash nearly as much as i wanted to on Saturday (unexpected social obligations), but i'm glad i got to see everyone again and play some quality Melee teams matches. perhaps next time I will do more singles matches with more people, and play more Brawl.

Oooh! I wanna play Kalm! I hope you like Snake and Ness, because that is my posse, and my posse's on Broadway.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm Kalm.

lmfaos
well i'm certain there are several people around here, much less in the whole region that could beat you in both melee and brawl.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
that was pigma, will.
if you're within acceptable driving distance, you should come to huntsville. Our best players are here (Andy and .....Andy)
It was Shogun, actually; Sector Y, I want to say.

Also, I'm -totally- the best player ever. <3

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Ozark is in Lower Alabama, by Dothan. Kalm, there are a lot of talented smashers in Columbus and Auburn. That's probably your closest competition for local play, but Huntsville is pretty awesome too.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'm Kalm.

Fight me at your own risk.[/QUOTE

If your in the lower part of Aabama u might want to come to Moile and play, or i'll come to u. Me and another named Mr.p are the best down here. If in this part of town you should play us. But Majist is right, no one ain't gonna call u good until they see it,I know from experience. But play Moogle, if you give him a run for his money then u might be able to give me a run for my money and Mr.p.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Thank you all for the welcomes, and yes I understand how cocky I sound. I linked my myspace in my original post. Myspace.com/Mathias13.

Feel free to challenge me through myspace or the PMs here. Like I said I've yet to find anyone who I really have found to be an equal of me, online or locally. Of course I know that I'm a big fish in a small pond out here, but I prefer to be confident nonetheless. I hope to find some great people to fight and become better along the way.

Also, I picked Meta Knight for no reason, I don't have a real main at the moment. I have an A team, a B team, and a C team.

If I'm really serious I may use Donkey Kong, Ike, Falco, or Meta Knight himself. Or I may even use Pikachu, Luigi, or Marth. Sometimes I even use D3 and Bowser. I have a lot of versatility in my fighting.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I have a good connection so I expect no button lag if we live in the same state and your connection is good. PM me your FC whenever you like =).

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'll accept that as a challenge then and add you. I normally wouldn't randomly add people since my FC list is fairly full, and I'm constantly deleting inactive people.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I have a room made, this can be my first fight of many from the forums.

Kind of like taking my boxing gloves to the big city.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I am hosting a 32 person Brawl tournament in Millbrook Alabama and anyone who lives in the Millbrook, Prattville, Wetumpka, Montgomery area is invited. It's in person of course not over wifi. Standard tournament rules with the entrance fee only $5 and the prize just $50. If you are interested it is at Gamezone, in Millbrook and please contact me so that I can give you directions and if need be a phone number to the place.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I am hosting a 32 person Brawl tournament in Millbrook Alabama and anyone who lives in the Millbrook, Prattville, Wetumpka, Montgomery area is invited. It's in person of course not over wifi. Standard tournament rules with the entrance fee only $5 and the prize just $50. If you are interested it is at Gamezone, in Millbrook and please contact me so that I can give you directions and if need be a phone number to the place.
32 people enter with a 5$ entry, that's 160 bucks. And first place only gets 50?

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Sorry i haven't been able to get to the boards in a couple days. I was busy with...well, nothing really. I just found my sister's collection of all "52?" episodes of full metal alchemist, and i never finished the animie, so i decided to watch it for like 6 hours.

@T1J: Those were some awesome games. I leanred alot that night playing you and poet.

@poet: You are an aweosme guy and i had a great time palying you. I look forward to seeing you around and maybe i'll play some brawl next time. I just can't go from Melee to Brawl then back, it screws me up.

@Munkus: Any character whose B attacks can out Prioritize any other characters A attacks is just silly and should be banned...unfortunately i don't believe in banning a character unless they are "Broken" and metaknight is beatable. I just need to not play IC's worst match up (metaknight) and i'll be ok ^^. I shall pick a counter character, master him, and beat you someday munkus :p

@Kalm: Good luck proving yourself, you'll find the smashers on here to be quite serious as well. Also, you should pick up Melee. Its an amazing game aswell as Brawl, but you actualy require skill to play Melee :p

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
@Munkus: Any character whose B attacks can out Prioritize any other characters A attacks is just silly and should be banned
Pound, Shine, Shield-breaker, Dolphin-Blow, falco blasters...

...rollout, yoshi egg, yoshi roll, sword dance, stone, oil panic...

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Almost every character can take out that Mach Tornado. The only problem is that most of them only have about one attack that can do it. The best idea is to practice enough with Meta Knights that you can discover a character's ideal counter attack against it. Also the most vulnerable part of the tornado is from above, attack the direct top of it for the best chance of breaking it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Diddy kong doesn't have any moves that override any of MK's moves, i don't think. karate kick might out prioritized some moves but even if I hit with it, metaknight will still punish.

MK's priority isn't the main problem though, its the fact that almost none of his moves are particularly punishable because they have no windown lag. he can d-smash after missing ANY move before you can do anything with most characters. and even if missing the d-smash he can d-smash again.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yes that's the real problem. Tornado is just annoying and build up damage that is hard to counter. The Dsmash is really the rough attack. Completely destroys rolling tactics and is fast enough to be a counter attack against a lot of things, even when hes pushed out of grab range. I would think a vaild tactic would be to get him to over use it and perhaps allow the knockback to weaken, but thats a hard tactic to put into place.

And as for Diddy I'm pretty sure his flip kick will cancel it if you angle for him to fall down onto him from above with the kick. The only other thing I could think of would involve keeping a banana close by each time he uses the tornado lol. Easier said than done.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I just spent a good hour entering everyones' friend codes into my Wii now that I have the power of the Internet. I expect everyone to return the favor!

Duch
5069-3692-4267

I plan on playing a lot over the summer, but enjoy me while you have me. The moment the school year hits, I'm outta here!

Edit: Also, T1J's and Loki's brawl codes are the same on the front page. I litterally sat here for a half-an-hour trying to figure out why my Wii wouldn't take it!

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
He just said that B moves with priority over A moves are OP, and I was just listing B moves with priority over A moves >.>

Wine

Smash Cadet
Wine- birmingham area ( pelham to be exact ) lucas/pikachu/link(s)/g&w
me and my buddy have been brawling and are looking for some more friendly games with some new ppl. hit me up on aim darkmatter1223 or gimme a text 205-215-6739. my real name is adam. peace

Top Bottom