• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

coach

Smash Apprentice
I'm just saying that I doubt you could sit through Loveless. I didn't mean that in regards to your personality.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh, lol. I never can understand what you guys are referring to.... i'm so out of the loop. Lol.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
Smash seems to be more fun to play every week for me. Team Sensitaire woooo. Oh Coach, sorry I keep leaving my Mountain Dew can on your table every week. I always forget to get it when I'm leaving.

Here's a question directed to all of you : Is it really bad that I don't use C-stick?

j00t

Smash Champion
No, but it does give you a little bit more speed with your smash attacks. I'd consider picking it up, as it also allows you to do aerials without losing your momentum.

coach

Smash Apprentice
if you want to build it into your play style then by all means. When i was playing falcon i found using the C stick for down air was really helpful so I would have more control over fastfalling it or not. I use it for up air too.

j00t

Smash Champion
Crap, I completely forgot about recording my GnW again. Jeez.... sorry Tarnish. :/

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Well if anyone is interested in actaully getting aany type of smash thing going then im all for it. My mom works at the Florence Holiday Inn and she could prob get a discount on one of there Ball Rooms for a big tourny.

T4RN1SH - Florence - G&W/C.Falcon/Samus

Also we have the 4H building which is like 2 blocks from my place that we could rent out aswell.

Forgot to Add: Scrappy - Florence - Luigi....He doesnt have a name on here but i play with him all the time and im sure he'd like to be added on the list.

I live in R-ville about 10 mins from yea. so you like smash too. cool. anyway nice to meet all of you. im Meta77-Russellville-Fox/Roy/Marth

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Another Fox. I'm surprised!

And Soli, the C-stick is pretty much my main way of attacking. Just about every single time I do an air move I use it (BECAUSE GANON'S NAIR BLOWS ELOHELOHELOHELOHEL), just out of sheer comfort.

It's just nice to be able to do that.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Welcome Meta, if you ever feel like coming to Florence and smashing let me know and well setup a time and date for meeting. We'll most likely meet at Scrappy's or UNA seeing as how were trying to get some kind of weekly thing going at UNA.

P.S. - if you need my number then let me know.

j00t

Smash Champion
Turns out I can't go to that tournament on Sunday, seeing as I have work that day. If I had known about the tourney sooner then I would of requested time off.

coach

Smash Apprentice
you werent i was just trying to get you to play better. I wasn't mad. Oh, nice post count double post ++

j00t

Smash Champion
No, I really was a pain in the butt last night. I was just kinda irritated that I was doing so bad. Lol.

moogle

Smash Ace
Teh plan that Nite and I have concocted: Nite and Chad drive to Huntsville tonight! All Huntsville people are invited to smash lots with us. They'll stay at my house Friday night. Saturday morning/afternoon, we depart for Atlanta so I can get my ssb64 fix. :) Saturday night we go to Chaddd's place in/near Lithonia, GA, and get another night of ssbm practice. Then tournament on Sunday, they say would end around 9 to 11pm, which would put us back in Huntsville around midnight-2am.

Summary: if the plan goes through, Nite and Chad will be at my house tonight, and you guys should come smash. :p And.... if you wanna change your mind last minute and come to the tourney, then woot.

moogle

Smash Ace
Should Jwt bring another setup?
Yeah. Though I got the cube+Wii... we'd just need a copy of smash and a TV (cause no one likes my LCD TV :().

Tournament Forecast:
April 22: SoD4 in Lithonia, GA
April 28: Thief's next mini-tourney in Tuscaloosa, AL
May 5: G4S3 in Columbus, GA
May 12: INN VI biweekly in Memphis // Laser for the Children 2 in Atlanta
May 19: KOKingpin's biweekly in Smyrna, TN // maybe Smashers Unite 2 in north Florida
June 2-3: I might go to Smashtality 3 (SSBM and SSB64 tourney) in Wayne, NJ. :)

I realized my friend's wedding is on May 19, so I can't do any tourneys that Saturday. (Yeah, I'm getting old.)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Right on moogle hopefully i will be able to come with you for some of those tourny's, and yea i have Scrappy's wedding to go to in june so your not alone :chuckle: .

Man i just got through reading Meta77's introductions thread and wow so much arguing going on in there.

@Meta77 - Just to let you know i dont go to UNA and nither does Scrappy, if and when we ever get to play we will prob go to UNA or Scrappy's so yea... Also when we ever meet and start to play and you begin to brag or become an *** im not ganna be responsible for what either of us do cause braging is very dishonorable and rude. We have a good friend who is an *** online in XBL and when we play smash but we've known him for a few years and we know how he acts so yea...

Sensai

Smash Master
Of course, the one day we all get to play with people who aren't us (and therefore don't inherently suck) is the one day that I have prom on.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Right on moogle hopefully i will be able to come with you for some of those tourny's, and yea i have Scrappy's wedding to go to in june so your not alone :chuckle: .

Man i just got through reading Meta77's introductions thread and wow so much arguing going on in there.

@Meta77 - Just to let you know i dont go to UNA and nither does Scrappy, if and when we ever get to play we will prob go to UNA or Scrappy's so yea... Also when we ever meet and start to play and you begin to brag or become an *** im not ganna be responsible for what either of us do cause braging is very dishonorable and rude. We have a good friend who is an *** online in XBL and when we play smash but we've known him for a few years and we know how he acts so yea...

oh dont worry i not a bad player i wont cause in trouble. im 18 dude so dont worry. but if i do anything !@!#sy then your free to try and chase me and kill me. XD but sure ill put down my phone number if and when needed

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@Meta77 - Right on man, sry if it seemed like i got alittle harse with what i said. Yea though any time during the week we can smash and on the weekends maybe ( it would have to be when scrappy gets off to smash on the weekends ). Whenever you are free of you think that you would be for smash we'll swap numbers.

Sensai

Smash Master
Yes, Juut, that's what I was trying to get across.

Also: I may stop by tonight with my prom date, 'cause I'm that ****in' cool.

Another also: I might need to say that I'm spending the night at your house, Moogle....:-D

moogle

Smash Ace
They might not be here til like 10pm. But now it's looking like Nite+Chad+Iori... Memphis's top3 (in some order :p)

We can start smashing earlier than 10 though. I dunno, come over whenever!

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, it was good to get my butt handed to me again. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever improve at all.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
yea ill go anywhere from decatur,huntsville or florence. ill go anywhere to play but my pal lotrgamer wants to come to.

Sensai

Smash Master
Moogle, Juut: How was it? I assume Juut got his *** handed to him (as can be proven by his earlier post), while Moogle probably got rocked, too.

I had a fun night, too. :-D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey, i'm new to the alabama tourney scene
my name on here is theonejanitor
but my official gamer tag is Kevbo Jenkins
i'm from Birmingham, but I'm currently in tuscaloosa

as of now I'm a Marth purist.
i fux with Falco, but never in any money matches or tourneys so far

coach

Smash Apprentice
You should get in touch with thief theone. He's just starting up some tourneys down in Tuscaloosa. Look in the first page for a link to his profile.

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
hey srry ive been gone so long.
UNA turned sour but i should be getting an apartment soon so !!!!

till then ill just have to hang with you and scrap when i have some free time...

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
You should get in touch with thief theone. He's just starting up some tourneys down in Tuscaloosa. Look in the first page for a link to his profile.
Hey were you at that tournament? And if so did I play you, maybe 1st round of the brackets? I was the white/pink Captain Falcon.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hey Wolf there you are we were ganna call you today and asked if you wanted to smash or something, if you see this anytime today gimme a call cause the only number i have is Fuzz's so gimme a call.

Top Bottom