• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Transformers 2 is a terrible movie. Michael Bay is completely useless.

Most boring movie I've seen in years, seriously

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Transformers 2 is a terrible movie. Michael Bay is completely useless.

Most boring movie I've seen in years, seriously
i found myself dozing off in the climatic fight scene.

agreed

10 agrees.

i went to the midnight showing too...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The average person said it was great--

Others said it was terrible.

One friend of mine wrote a note on Facebook about how offensive it was, hah.

I haven't seen it, and I don't plan to, now.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Would you call any of this stalling?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeXmXZmtv6w
no. that's basically a typical Brawl match that features wario on a dumb stage.
airCAMPING is CAMPING which is fine
ledgeSTALLING is STALLING which is banned.

that was pretty much the best to way to deal with Razer's ridiculously aggro snake, pretty smart imo.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
no. that's basically a typical Brawl match that features wario on a dumb stage.
airCAMPING is CAMPING which is fine
ledgeSTALLING is STALLING which is banned.

that was pretty much the best to way to deal with Razer's ridiculously aggro snake, pretty smart imo.
What if someone were to do that with Metaknight? But for longer and being much, much more patient?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What if someone were to do that with Metaknight? But for longer and being much, much more patient?
Isn't that match with Plank and Dapuffster cited as such?

It's incredibly boring, and gives the game the bad reputation it has amount its critics, but it's not stalling. :(

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
id likely have to see it because I can't imagine it being so hard to tell the difference between camping and stalling.

if 5 minutes go by and the metaknight never attacks, that's one thing. but if the metaknight is camping, and only attacking when theres a clear opening. well that's just playing smart, which is the whole idea of any kind of competitive game. It's not really the most efficient way to play...but it's probably annoying enough to win matches based on pure frustration of your opponent.

this is significantly different from planking the ledge, with absolutely no intention of ever engaging your opponent unless they come near you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just watched the plank vs. dapuffster match
and that's the same thing, just camping (although he does start planking near the end...but since the diddy was trying to hit him the whole time, it wasn't the bannable kind)

really the diddy had a chance to win...the diddy was too focused on trying to kill metaknight when he could have won by timing the match out. there were a few instances where he had a chance for a free high damage move but he tried to set up banana combos and stuff...its like, dude there's forty five seconds left, go for damage.

Again, staying in the air is pretty much the smartest way to fight diddy kong, so...its boring, and no doubt annoying...but who cares

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, here's that match, Reflex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbmu8fGcWaw
id likely have to see it because I can't imagine it being so hard to tell the difference between camping and stalling.

if 5 minutes go by and the metaknight never attacks, that's one thing. but if the metaknight is camping, and only attacking when theres a clear opening. well that's just playing smart, which is the whole idea of any kind of competitive game. It's not really the most efficient way to play...but it's probably annoying enough to win matches based on pure frustration of your opponent.

this is significantly different from planking the ledge, with absolutely no intention of ever engaging your opponent unless they come near you.
When it comes down to it, you can't identify the intention of a person without reading them. And that's subjective. That's the main reason you can't DQ someone for looking like they're stalling. Because there's no rule for people to follow. People like me don't know what not to do, and people who want to win will go as far close to being DQed as it takes.

Let's say I'm air camping to wait for an opponent to jump up high so I can punish them- like what DMG did. If they never jump up and they stand still, is that now considered stalling? Look at that wario-snake match again. What if Razer never pulled out any grenades, never jumped, or did anything? Do you honesty think DMG would have either? Would you now consider that stalling if they didn't attack each other for 5 minutes? And who would be the one called for stalling? Why can't it be the Snake player? He hasn't attacked for 5 minutes either. That could be considered stalling in your book of subjectivity.

For all I know (I honestly don't think you would ever do this), you could DQ me for "stalling" because I was air camping... and winning, and you wanted an easy win. If you've got something on paper to back yourself up, I don't have a reason to complain about it. I can't argue with words.

Really, all I want for you to do it make a clear distinction between stalling and camping if you're going to ban one but not the other. I'm on the side that says it's impossible to do that. They're the same thing; therefore you can't do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-RxMZqcMx8&feature=related :D My favorite link ditto. Yay Smasher! Yay Aniki!

LoZ:OoT Redux looks ridiculously awesome.
They start chanting my name at 3:04. :3

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The average person said it was great--

Others said it was terrible.

One friend of mine wrote a note on Facebook about how offensive it was, hah.

I haven't seen it, and I don't plan to, now.
What did you think about the first one? If you liked it, you'll enjoy this one. If you didn't like the first one, you'll hate this one.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah in traqnsformers they have these autobots that are suppose to be "gangsta/black" and they make them compltely useless and the target of many black jokes and also make it so they cant read or speak correctly or even fight correctly and they just beat up each other alot and are slackers.. and have their teeth missing and some gold ones.

i seriously wanted to punch the producer.

Handorin

Smash Hero
yeah in traqnsformers they have these autobots that are suppose to be "gangsta/black" and they make them compltely useless and the target of many black jokes and also make it so they cant read or speak correctly or even fight correctly and they just beat up each other alot and are slackers.. and have their teeth missing and some gold ones.

i seriously wanted to punch the producer.
Comic relief is great. I loved it.

y so serius?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Really, all I want for you to do it make a clear distinction between stalling and camping if you're going to ban one but not the other. I'm on the side that says it's impossible to do that. They're the same thing; therefore you can't do it.
This is a very childish mindset.

Have you ever heard of arbitrary distinctions?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It's called drawing the line somewhere, and that somewhere happens to be measureable.

Also why are you so adamant about dickish tactics?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Haha, here's that match, Reflex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbmu8fGcWaw

When it comes down to it, you can't identify the intention of a person without reading them. And that's subjective. That's the main reason you can't DQ someone for looking like they're stalling. Because there's no rule for people to follow. People like me don't know what not to do, and people who want to win will go as far close to being DQed as it takes.
In my book, if you come as close to being DQ'd as possible, and it's not perfectly clear that you do not intend to ever engage your opponent (such as in that metaknight ditto between SCOTU and whoever it was...or that one video with GW and Ike)..then I don't have grounds to DQ you. i do have grounds to call you a douchebag though. :-D

Let's say I'm air camping to wait for an opponent to jump up high so I can punish them- like what DMG did. If they never jump up and they stand still, is that now considered stalling? Look at that wario-snake match again. What if Razer never pulled out any grenades, never jumped, or did anything? Do you honesty think DMG would have either? Would you now consider that stalling if they didn't attack each other for 5 minutes? And who would be the one called for stalling? Why can't it be the Snake player? He hasn't attacked for 5 minutes either. That could be considered stalling in your book of subjectivity.
I don't consider "doing nothing" stalling. doing nothing is doing nothing, and its an incredibly stupid strategy, that ONLY would likely occur AS A RESULT of some kind of stalling manuever. Stalling is not playing the match AND making it so that your opponent can't play the match effectively as well. Usually this is done by making yourself impossible or extremely difficult to engage.

so the person who is doing nothing isn't stalling, he's waiting for you to stop stalling. if you dont (at my tournaments) you're DQ'd. if snake moved to the edge of the screen and stopped moving, and wario just kept jumping around on the other side of the screen for 3 minutes, personally, I would DQ the wario. I would wait a few minuts to be clear that the wario was NEVER going to approach.
but if the wario stayed near the snake, and looked like he was actually trying to draw him off guard...then that's fine. Unless he never attacked...which is stupid and unlikely.

For all I know (I honestly don't think you would ever do this), you could DQ me for "stalling" because I was air camping... and winning, and you wanted an easy win. If you've got something on paper to back yourself up, I don't have a reason to complain about it. I can't argue with words.

Like this seems really clear to me.

i would say in about 90% of cases you wouldn't be DQ'd.
At my tournaments, I make it easy. If you think your opponent is stalling, simply move to the other side of the screen and do nothing. If they never approach you in any way (note: approach means more than just "attempt to attack"...if they look like they are engaging you in any way whatsoever then no DQ, but if not), they're DQ'd. Simple.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Man I am just wonderin why DanGR always has a stick up his arse about protecting **** moves.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
What

What?

Really Smashboards?

WHAT IF MY NAME WAS RICHARD AND I WANTED PEOPLE TO CALL ME **** FOR SHORT?

WOULD THEY JUST CALL ME ASTERISKS??

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm just sad that **** is censored d a m n
like we are in the first grade or something.

i'm pretty sure that doesn't count as nsfw

munkus, DanGR just wants to win.
don't talk about **** moves mr. take you to luigi's and spam tornado

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
xyro needs to lvl up... learn to fight mk and learn to play brawl.
learn to not be a ****.

xyroxyroxyroxyro
xyro
xyro
xyro
xyro

XYRO!!!!!!!!!

yeah... im gonna post this **** everywhere.
COME TO AL AND GET WILL_ and MUNKUS ***** DOG!!!!!!!!
Sorry but whne you have dojo and infinity in your state, you cant "level up" and beat them

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
munkus, DanGR just wants to win.
don't talk about **** moves mr. take you to luigi's and spam tornado
Spread them cheeks wider Janitor, I can't quite hear you. I did that once in response to being taken to Luigi's mansion in the first place and being subjected to **** moves.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Sorry but whne you have dojo and infinity in your state, you cant "level up" and beat them
>_________> So...ban them? Wait are you losing exclusively to Dojo and Infinity? Does that mean you're 3rd in TX with Dojo and Infinity being 1 and 2? That's the impression that you're giving off, that you would be the best and are already as good as you would otherwise need to be but Dojo and Infinity play MK so they win over you?

if
that
makes
sense

Wait do you ban infinites at HOBO? Just out of curiosity. Oh, also planking?

xyro

Will_

Smash Journeyman
And that's why we <3 you.

But we make fanboys and weeaboos look good.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your name is Rinku?
I was joking... I thought it sounded like he was saying "Dan. ger. Dan. ger."

This is a very childish mindset.

Have you ever heard of arbitrary distinctions?
He's not even making a distinction. That's the problem. I don't want to get DQed for doing something that there wasn't a clear rule against! That's why I keep bringing this up.

Also why are you so adamant about dickish tactics?
Lol, really? This is Brawl you're talking about. Everything about this game is stupid, including your main.

long post
We're just going in circles now. :ohwell: I'll try not to bring this up again... at least in this social thread.

Winnar

Smash Lord
We're just going in circles now. :ohwell: I'll try not to bring this up again... at least in this social thread.
:( Dan

<3

Janitor won't DQ you.

We need to get more friendlies in at the next tourney we're both at.

Also doubles. Heeeeeeells yeah

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I thought this wasn't a social thread. Didn't we go in circles about this too? ohwell. Besides, it won't matter til' someone does it in some sort of winner's bracket anyway, since tourney refs can't have eyes on every TV. Then it'll cause drama! Either way, Ness has a PK solution to it!

btw, so pumped for Game Galaxy. Who's up for stopping at that shell station on the way up/back?

Top Bottom