• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Hey do huntsville people want to grab some traditional Buffalo Wild Wings (for 40 cents a wing!) and do some smash afterwards?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Hey now. Don't make me electrocute you, because we all know that pikachu is electrocute.

He's not on facebook, so obviously there is no other way of reaching him.
yoshi is hands downt he cutest thing in brawl.
also cam you going to GG this month?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
where is waba?
im down.
lol
unless its just melee.
then im not traveling anywhere to get my *** handed to me alllllll day long.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
how come i can double post and the mods dont come and kick my *** now?

i.love.double.posting.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
triple poooossssst.
man, lets get this off my chest.
t1j said i was being emo on the PR thread. and i was. so thats cool.
munkus said 99% of the time im whining and being emo.
does anyone else note this?
i whine about HR sometimes and i use to whine about freezing up at tournies.
THAT. IS. IT.

anyone got anything else they can think of?
sorry, im just stuck on this a s s h o l e for some reason.

on a lighter note. i was re readng how to make distinctions between camping and stalling and all that mess. all that mess is a mess. just thought id point that out. if people really wanted to they could make the competitive play for brawl sooooo messed up and stupid.
i think sometimes the only reason brawl works as a competitive game is becasue 99% of people arent major f'ing a-holes and they kinda cooperate and actually play against their opponent rather than reallllly stalling and plaking and camping super hard. sure, people camp, but no one camps to their full potential. i cant sleep again.

i need a disorted mindset.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Boards of 'Canada' are pretty awesome.

I didn't know Professional Smasher Will Underscore's music taste was almost as good as his brawl skills.

Good **** Professional Smasher Will Underscore.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I got my legit set against Scourge today so I'm happy.

Shlam, you're whining right not, FYI

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
That was fun at Moogle's place. I especially enjoyed the matches where George and I took on Moogle and Munkus.

GGs

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I got my legit set against Scourge today so I'm happy.

Shlam, you're whining right not, FYI
i think you see it as whining everytime i talk... and i dont...
thats our problem....

you guys need to listen to my music and say "wtf" :confused:

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I saw some talk about WABA here. It will probably be only brawl, though if there's enough interest in melee they run some. I may show up late for friendlies or something but I won't be there for the tourney. Don't expect a large turnout. I would be shocked if there was more than 20 (but if you're just looking for fun, I'm sure it will be, GA is too cool)

AND KEEP IN MIND THE TIME ZONES. It's one hour later here than it is in AL.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
triple poooossssst.
man, lets get this off my chest.
t1j said i was being emo on the PR thread. and i was. so thats cool.
munkus said 99% of the time im whining and being emo.
does anyone else note this?
i whine about HR sometimes and i use to whine about freezing up at tournies.
THAT. IS. IT.

anyone got anything else they can think of?
sorry, im just stuck on this a s s h o l e for some reason.

on a lighter note. i was re readng how to make distinctions between camping and stalling and all that mess. all that mess is a mess. just thought id point that out. if people really wanted to they could make the competitive play for brawl sooooo messed up and stupid.
i think sometimes the only reason brawl works as a competitive game is becasue 99% of people arent major f'ing a-holes and they kinda cooperate and actually play against their opponent rather than reallllly stalling and plaking and camping super hard. sure, people camp, but no one camps to their full potential. i cant sleep again.

i need a disorted mindset.
your cool just focus more on having fun with the game. and show up to every tournament/smashfest that you can. and stop johning. I used to try to think of every reason why I was losing or why i wasn't higher on the pr list
bad matchups
no one notices
bad controller
tired
in the end, what it boils down to is I need to just get better period. regardless of anything else, that's always true.

your second comment is true, thats something that melee heads don't realize too, is that melee wasn't less gay of a game, it just had a community of less gay people. There was tons of dumb gay stuff you could do in melee, but it was more fun to just play smart and rush down your opponent when the opportunity arose. Like even I, who is pretty bad at melee, can go head to head with most players just by camping with fox and running away the whole time it's just not that fun personally and honestly there at the end before brawl came out you started to see people play really campy and gay, esp. with fox. I believe I remember Wife, one of the best peach players say that he'd given up peach because it was impossible for him to fight the new wave of campy foxes.

I've said it before, but I think people just don't take brawl seriously enough that they're trying the best to just break the game.
I think that's why I'm drawn to snake, because I get bored and impatient if I have to play really defensively, but snake can hit you a lot even when he's camping, and his game focuses a lot around grabs, so you actively trying to get grabs, so I'm actually doing something when I play snake and not just camping around.

camping is part of the game, and ultimately I'm going to keep playing the game most likely unless someone discovers something that truly breaks the game. I believe that most gay strategies aren't optimal, they just bank on the concept of frustrating the **** out of your opponent, so I just focuses on keeping my head straight. snake doesn't really deal with planking/camping though, so maybe I'm biased. the only character than can out camp snake is olimar. and thats like a 65/35 matchup in olimars favor because of it lol but i've settled of just going MK against olimar.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
slam you wrecked your pool at tcs
now just wait to get an easy bracket and grab like 3rd or 4th, and then your in like Flynn
theres just too many good people in AL

i kind of want to go to HERB
but I kind of dont want to drive/ride 7 hours.
if we go, please everyone get sleep so we can properly share driving.

also someone is going to have to take me to get my driver license renewed before then :-D

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I don't know that I completely agree about the camping thing Janitor. I think there are a lot of characters that could go even with Snake camping wise.

coach

Smash Apprentice
i think im still drunk. thanks to the cool brawl people who came you know who you are.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Really enjoyed Brawlage at Andy's house last night... So THAT'S what Daniel and Alex have been talking about for so long x) It was a ton of fun to play people simply outside of Madison, and playing George was a hoot. I just wish I could've played more people!

And sorry for the Madison crowd making the place so crowded xD

Top Bottom