• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think sleepy is right.
im a consipirist. haha. i didnt mean for it to come out like that.
today is a bad day for me.
i am high and everything is going wrong.
i can barely even think right now.

im so immature, i should outgrow drugs and sex and all that stupid stuff. its all hyped up and not what really makes a person cool. its overrated and stupid. drugs are the conspiracy here. not melee. hahahahaha
you guys dont know how screwed up i am.
today i am changing that.
i am making it official by posting this on smashboards lol

"no more drugs or partying every night for austin"

if i ever post on here like this again you guys let me have it. dont hold back.

keroro gunsou is my drug. ferreal

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol i remember when t1j freaked out becasue he couldnt triple post anymore because the mods watched us. he seriously... like, got pissed.

j00t

Smash Champion
The Huntsville smashfest for Thursday has been cancelled. Finals and stuff.

We can party on Saturday if anyone is interested.

nice1

Smash Lord
shaSLAM long as u ain't on drugs for the 2nd u good. don't wanna have to find some noob to be my partner cuz u on that stuff lmao

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
really, i think you just wanted to lash out at something and you grabbed the closest target.

<3

Winnar

Smash Lord
Anyone in AL with Blazblue I'm hosting a room RIGHT NOW SO FRIEND ME AND JOIN IT YEAHUZZZ

360 Gamer Tag: Winnar G

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Blazblue only involves button mashing. Which is why I don't like those types of games with actually combos that are pre-made. Games like smash force you to be creative with what you do.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
@TO5 talks a few pages ago.

HELLZ YEAHUZ!

Edit: I hate to say it, but Melee is looking better and better every day. And I'm not just saying that because that's what everyone else seems to be thinking... It's because I dream of Jigglypuff.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Blazblue only involves button mashing. Which is why I don't like those types of games with actually combos that are pre-made. Games like smash force you to be creative with what you do.
Don't talk about things you don't fully understand.

Or in this case, even remotely understand.

Unless you like the taste of foot in your mouth, troll.

P.S. Room's down.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Don't talk about things you don't fully understand.

Or in this case, even remotely understand.

Unless you like the taste of foot in your mouth, troll.

P.S. Room's down.
Yes you're right I don't understand it. But I personally don't like those types of games. No disrespect towards your personally opinion.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
@TO5 talks a few pages ago.

HELLZ YEAHUZ!

Edit: I hate to say it, but Melee is looking better and better every day. And I'm not just saying that because that's what everyone else seems to be thinking... It's because I dream of Jigglypuff.
really i really feel how you do. i love jigglypuff so much as a character but in brawl she is useless. i have turned to playing 64 much more now because i can use jigglypuff. lol i dont know why i dont just play melee

really, i think you just wanted to lash out at something and you grabbed the closest target.

<3
youre right. i went on a random tangent that made no sense. i actually kept losing track of my mindset because of my state of mind. sorry.

shaSLAM long as u ain't on drugs for the 2nd u good. don't wanna have to find some noob to be my partner cuz u on that stuff lmao
dude. i dont do drugs when im doing other stuff like playing smash or going out in public lol.
its all cool :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
melee will probably never die until we're all old and married and have to post stuff like

srry guys the old lady won't let me come to the tournament this weekend

so don't worry about me i guess cuz i've always loved melee. I guess I just wanted to the MLK Jr of smash

I have a dream that one day people will play both games and be happy!! :-/

guys just teach me how to play melee, k.

and the brawl community is bad because brawl is appealing to casual players and half of brawl's community is ADD sixteen year old casual players that do well in tournaments because no one ever bothered learning how to play the game.

contrast this with melee's community which is made up of more serious people who didn't get turned away when they realized they would have to practice l-cancelling for six months before they could even remotely do well in tournaments. Melee sort of had an "initiation" lol which is kind of why the community is more serious.

90 percent of the people at the average Melee tournament are good at the game. Brawl is like 85 percent scrubs 10 percent scrubs who know a little about the game and 5 percent people who are actually good and expose the wonderful potential of brawl. I see you reflex!

hopefully brawl tournaments are still fun for me, AL is probably the only place I actually want to play Brawl now. TN had a group of really cool Brawlers but their main TO doesn't give a **** about the game so *shrugs* I dont know what to say really, we'll just see what happens.

i just have to kind of keep myself in a little bubble where the people around actually care about the game and like having fun. if I go to out of state tournaments I'll just try to win money with MK since no one bothered to learn how to beat him.

adam we're ****ing taking doubles in montgomery.

shaslam, give up drugs, and just drink beer and get laid.

honestly guys I edit posts almost as much as I double post. i dunno sometimes it just feels right.

lol @ us already determining whether or not tmnt smash up sucks...HERE WE GO AGAIN

Winnar

Smash Lord
and the brawl community is bad because brawl is appealing to casual players and half of brawl's community is ADD sixteen year old casual players that do well in tournaments because no one ever bothered learning how to play the game.
I've yet to see these people.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
janitor.
i dont even want to get laid anymore.
im burned out for a long time i think.
i hate preganancy scares.
protection just feels bad.
there is no true middle ground for me to be happy with sex to where i could do it as much as id like.
with drugs you can do it every night :)

but thats for ****ing stupid losers like myself.

that and girls are stupid.
lets drink together alot when i move up there. i can give you beer money :):):):):)
you guys are going to see quite a dramatic transformation in my posts since i gave up drugs lolololol or at least im trying to.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
WINNAR I AM CALLING YOU OUT! BRAWL BRAWL BRAWL BRAWL tiny text so that blah blah *****

EDIT: OH COME ON IT'S A TERM FOR GENITALIA DARN YOU TO MESTOPHICLES SMASHBORADS

SleepyK

IMO t1j is pretty good on the thing, but i think a lot of it also has to do with instant gratification.
it takes at the very least one to two years before you become remotely skilled at melee or a sport or something.
brawl takes a month to two months.
People can pick up the game and become rapidly "good" in a very short period of time, but no matter how long they play they rarely if ever make it to the top if they weren't there already.
thus, they get burned out because they want to **** all over the place but they can't climax.

in my experience, anything that I've had to dedicate time to was something I stuck with.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Learning L-canceling took like..>_> a couple weeks? Before long it becomes second nature.

Then you start Falco d-airing Ganon's shield and you have to start learning again because it became a reflex to press it in rhythm instead of waiting for your char's feet to hit the ground :(

Those were sad times indeed...

j00t

Smash Champion
Learning L-canceling took like..>_> a couple weeks? Before long it becomes second nature.

Then you start Falco d-airing Ganon's shield and you have to start learning again because it became a reflex to press it in rhythm instead of waiting for your char's feet to hit the ground :(

Those were sad times indeed...
IMO that can be a very discouraging thing to say. It may take people months to learn l-canceling. >_>;

Rob still can't wavedash consistently and he's been with us for a couple years >:x

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was practicing Melee Link the other day in training mode. I didn't find L-canceling difficult at all. It's just like airdodging in Brawl just before I hit the ground so I can buffer my next movement, but with a more strict window to do the airdodge. If you do that consistently in Brawl, I think you'll find l-canceling in Melee rather easy. Also, the timing is a bit different, but that's because Melee is inherently faster. It's a big change from using a really floaty character in Brawl to a fast fast-faller. :( That and I gotta think ahead way more, which is, by the way, a part of the cool factor Melee has compared to a lot of traditional fighting games.

Anyways, I don't really understand why Link isn't a relatively good character in Melee. He's got good range, combos, kill power, recovery, and projectile game. Is he just too slow or what? Bad setups maybe?

*Admits he doesn't know a lot about Melee*

SleepyK

imo best thing to do to guarantee getting lcanceling

practice it
1) standing opponent
2) shielding opponent
3) shielding ice climbers

then just switch off amongst the three.

tape or rubber band another controller's z or trigger so you can have an opponent that shields.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Anyways, I don't really understand why Link isn't a relatively good character in Melee. He's got good range, combos, kill power, recovery, and projectile game. Is he just too slow or what? Bad setups maybe?

*Admits he doesn't know a lot about Melee*
*waits on NES*

@joot- I don't mean to be discouraging :x I guess I just don't know about a lot of people and how long it takes.

j00t

Smash Champion
*waits on NES*

@joot- I don't mean to be discouraging :x I guess I just don't know about a lot of people and how long it takes.
yah I know x3 I know the last thing you want to be is discouraging when it comes to melee

I love how everyone in this thread is becoming a melee convert... makes me all tingly inside.

Winnar

Smash Lord
When I first heard about advanced techniques I introduced them to my group of friends I played with. It took about a week to get the hang of wavedashing, another week to get the hang of L cancelling, and another week for both to become kind of second nature. Oh, and another month learning L canceling fox's d-air and another month or so learning to wavedash out of shine. Newcomers to melee here's a protip: Learning Fox takes patience.

If I had someone who already knew how to do those things helping me to learn them then I would have probably gotten almost all of it to second nature in about 2 weeks.

Also Link gets pretty much destroyed by smart space animals.

Also also it's not that Link is a BAD character it's that he's not abundantly good.

coach

Smash Apprentice
IMO that can be a very discouraging thing to say. It may take people months to learn l-canceling. >_>;

Rob still can't wavedash consistently and he's been with us for a couple years >:x
i still dont consistently wavedash. It's fine. not L cancelling is not.

Top Bottom