• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
okay i lied. i'm in georgia:embarrass i'll see you guys next week.

Tarnish, tell me where you're located in florence cuz that's not too far a drive from huntsville, like an hour and a half. we could set something up. and i'm sure you and scrappy are probably better than me but it'd be something different, right? ...right? hey, where's everybody going?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well i think we were ganna have something like that once before but never got around too it. If we do do something like that around here it would have to be at Scrappy's cause my house is to small and we wouldnt have enough room. I'd like to see you guys sometime i suppose but we would have to plan ahead of time cause of scrappy's work. Get back to me on that and we'll hopefully get something planned..... perhaps.

Oh and Moogle knows where my house is... and Scrappy's apartment too, but i think he remebers my house more cause he's been here 2 or 3 times.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
no, no tourneys around bham. the bham scene isn't well developed yet. good to see another bham person.
look to the first post in the thread for tournaments that are close.
they are usually in GA, FL, and TN/AK

sorry i didn't make it to the smash fest today guys...had some stuff to do. I should be round there wednesday.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
(Hoover) GeorgeTHPS -- Marth/Jiggly

I would have thought the Birmingham area would have a bigger Smash scene. Every person helps, though. :D

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what the Christ? There are two more players around here all of a sudden?! You guys will be playing me soon! Send me a PM or an email or an IM or call me. You only have so many weeks to play against me before I move, so don't miss the opportunity of a lifetime.

Edit: I didn't see the last page. Make that three more players around here. This is just nuts. Where have you people been for the past three years?

moogle

Smash Ace
Woot at all the new people. Hopefully I got everything right the first page.

I got back from FC about 3am Monday morning. Best tournament evar. I played too much SSB64. Got 3rd in the 64 tournament (and $75), and not great on the SSBM side (top half, at least :() I showed off a new Jiggly technique in SSB64 (fsmash to rest, baby). I wanna get better at SSBM... especially with Marth and Peach. I beat DA_Dave in pools. O_o I need to make smarter stage counterpicks. I hope you enjoyed this stream of consciousness.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I also went to FC, but did worse in Melee (stupid tie in first pool left me out of the running), worse in 64 (though still a very respectable 13th), alright in Torpedo Ball (it's a stupid game), quite solid in hacky sack (I like parenthetical asides), amazing in trash talk (What you know about Purple?!), decent in Bomberman 64 (broken controller slow walk sucks), very well in Hex (only kirkq knows what that means) and lastly, owned face with Moogle in teams back in Nashville (the Michines are too strong).

All in all, it was a fantastic trip and a good birthday present to myself. I too hope to get better with Peach and Marth. All I need to do to improve my Ganon is actually use the L button when I mean to use it. Also, I have to shore up my weaker characters so I can rep Bottom Right Random Select in the future.

Moogle, we should team some more on Wednesday (as mean as that is). Also, a real stream of consciousness wouldn't have spaces.

Edit: Dude, you forgot one of my characters in the OP. You know which one.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
How could I forget Bust A Move? Maybe because most of it happened at 6 AM on Saturday and I lost all track of time during and since FC. That game is sweet. I need to make it up to a Biweekly so we can play that again.

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, i'm glad you two had a good time at the best tournament ever. :<

Hyrulean, we meet at Moogles house tomorrow, same time, and thank god you're back, Moogle, because a week w/o decent smash is a week w/o life.

Sensai

Smash Master
Hai guyz.

I was awake for 48 hours straight until about noon today. I apologize if I posted anything stupid on this thread.

Welcome back Moogle and Slim. Welcome to all 21340928140982 new Smashers.

And thank God for Smash tomorrow....that I'll hopefully make it to.

j00t

Smash Champion
This Wednesday or Saturday? Because..... yeah, you can come (I presume, Moogle?). It'll be at Moogle's house anyways.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I will be there tomorrow and be bringing *gasp* two people with me. I'm shocked too.

Oh, and Moogle, that car ride was the craziest I've ever seen you be. It was so great. I think we averaged one inside joke/100 miles.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh boy, I can't wait for you pick on me and irritate the freaking bajeebus out of me. :p

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Psh, I was checking out this thread for a friend and notice some noob stole my name and put a C in it. Lawl. Ragnarock, sup? I'm RagnaRoK The insane Roy from Texas :O

MAC10

Smash Rookie
Hey you guys have got to tell me when and where you have smash biweeklys or whatever they are, I'd like to play with some other people besides my brother. It sounds like fun. I'd like to go to the UAH SMG weeklies.

P.S. I'm still a little new to smashboards so work with me plzz.

Top Bottom