• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
^This!!!! Oh man this defines why I don't like Brawl. I don't have enough patience. Spacing exists in both Melee and Brawl but it takes SO much longer in brawl to just get a hit in and I feel like I can't punish crap.
Shields are just stupidly good in brawl, if your shield gets touched it is usually a free grab or aerial. Aggressive playing is usually not a very good way to play.

That is why I play peach, she auto-cancels all aerials and has a frame 2 jab. It is much less of a risk to touch shields with her, so I can play aggressively (cept vs MK, Marth, and DK). :chuckle:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm sure there's a couple of pikachus in Auburn that would like to brawl.
I really look forward to playing against nonfails again. Especially with the character diversity.

Have the Auburn people grouped up anywhere for a smashfest yet or is this going to have to be newly set up?

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Well, I really only know of Crimson Sun, Billy, and me in Auburn. I've only brawled with Sun once, and Billy usually comes over to my dorm.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
The last stock of my set against George probably lasted a full minute with both of us over 100% because we were being as conservative as asterisks.

If you play aggressively, consistently aggressively, then the games go by quickly. That last stock though, that's always when people really start to go on the defensive.
word.
and this was also the case between me and george. haha

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shields are just stupidly good in brawl, if your shield gets touched it is usually a free grab or aerial. Aggressive playing is usually not a very good way to play.

That is why I play peach, she auto-cancels all aerials and has a frame 2 jab. It is much less of a risk to touch shields with her, so I can play aggressively (cept vs MK, Marth, and DK). :chuckle:
If she was only a bit faster I might actually have ended up maining her. I see so much potential washed away because she can't chase... at all. :ohwell:

Besides that, she's amazing- minus killing. <.<

She's still a boss.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
^This!!!! Oh man this defines why I don't like Brawl. I don't have enough patience. Spacing exists in both Melee and Brawl but it takes SO much longer in brawl to just get a hit in and I feel like I can't punish crap. But then again I suck so...not much to say haha
It's just two different games. Plus if you don't make strides towards trying to play the other or even obtain it, why bother scrutinizing it?

No hate, just saying.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hey Cheap Peach next time I see you, I want a $5 MM. My Ike vs. your Peach.
Sounds good, but it may be a while (I only go to Georgia for melee events). And I' pretty sure I've played you before a good while back in Atlanta. I got mad that I was going even with an Ike player :p

_Keno_

Smash Lord
If she was only a bit faster I might actually have ended up maining her.
She is actually faster in brawl (running speed-wise) than in melee, so I actually enjoy her speed. Killing isn't too bad (nair, fair, bair, f-smash) even though you have to get the enemy to higher percents. Racking damage isn't a problem for peach though.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Don't forget her upsmash.
Its only good if you land it, which you dont...unless the enemy is dumb or unlucky. But yeah, if you do manage to land it, it's her most powerful move.

Her techs are pretty good if you learn them, but so far I've neglected to. My Wii only works on rare occasions.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
She is actually faster in brawl (running speed-wise) than in melee, so I actually enjoy her speed. Killing isn't too bad (nair, fair, bair, f-smash) even though you have to get the enemy to higher percents. Racking damage isn't a problem for peach though.
She's tied for something like 4th or 5th worst ground speed in Brawl. And while Wario, Snake, and D3 have either the same or worse ground speed... they make up for it with other things.

Not tryin to discourage you from using Peach or anything... This is just how I view things.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
She's tied for something like 4th or 5th worst ground speed in Brawl. And while Wario, Snake, and D3 have either the same or worse ground speed... they make up for it with other things.
lol, even so, its better than her melee run speed. Plus, she has glide-tossing to improve her mobility.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Not tryin to discourage you from using Peach or anything... This is just how I view things.
lol, I know you aren't.

Peach has things to make up for her run speed, some of the same things as in melee. Lagless aerials, a quick jab, and great spacing tools. She did lose killing moves and edgeguarding (makes me sad). She is still good though, its just that other characters are much better.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I like playing Peach but I think I'm really bad as her.

I start playing her and I do really well and I have a lot of fun but then 4 matches later I feel like I can't do anything.

I look at how other people play peach and it's completely different from what I do so I always feel like I'm doing it wrong.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
peach is one of my favorite characters in brawl.
peach players need to use her dash attack moar. its sweet. comes out quick, and hits twice, and the second hit puts them in the air, where you can do cool airdodge prediction stuff.

peach is really good imo
its not that big a deal that she doesn't run fast because like when do you ever run with peach?
i can go even with people while playing peach without even really thinking because her moveset is so good.

but with peach i just throw turnips and fair and d-smash and jab and dash attack and thats like it
and it works.
aerial turnip to autocancel fair to jab mindgames or downsmash if fair hits a shield or misses, if its hits, **** em up while they are in the air. you are peach you rule the skies
and you would be surprised how often glide toss turnip -> dash attack works. whether or not they shield the turnip. people instinctively drop their shields. and i think dash attack might shield poke sometimes. (like all of peaches moves. or like all of hte moves in this game i should say, shield poking is kind of out of control)

imagine if i like took the time to actually learn her

peaches fair is too fast in melee. its like perfect in brawl.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
peach is one of my favorite characters in brawl.
peach players need to use her dash attack moar. its sweet. comes out quick, and hits twice, and the second hit puts them in the air, where you can do cool airdodge prediction stuff.

peach is really good imo
its not that big a deal that she doesn't run fast because like when do you ever run with peach?
i can go even with people while playing peach without even really thinking because her moveset is so good.

but with peach i just throw turnips and fair and d-smash and jab and dash attack and thats like it
and it works.
aerial turnip to autocancel fair to jab mindgames or downsmash if fair hits a shield or misses, if its hits, **** em up while they are in the air. you are peach you rule the skies
and you would be surprised how often glide toss turnip -> dash attack works. whether or not they shield the turnip. people instinctively drop their shields. and i think dash attack might shield poke sometimes. (like all of peaches moves. or like all of hte moves in this game i should say, shield poking is kind of out of control)

imagine if i like took the time to actually learn her

peaches fair is too fast in melee. its like perfect in brawl.
troll more noob

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
peach's usmash is really good...
when you are grab released into it...

10wariojohns.

10ineedogetbetterwithMKorDDD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
peach's usmash is really good...
when you are grab released into it...

10wariojohns.

10ineedogetbetterwithMKorDDD
lets focus all our attention into MK and go double MK in teams

oh guys im going to try to have a tournament in February in tuscaloosa.

aiming for feb. 20

i would like to run melee. would you guys participate?
would out of towners come to town?

if not, ill just run low tier

i kind of want to do an allday doubles event but im sure no one would be down for that
doubles is kind of overlooked in tournaments but most people agree that its the most fun that can be had in brawl

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it's because people would rather prove that they are good individual players.
it's not generally about the fun.

-Chad-

Slackerator
like brawl is like a game full of melee ganon f-air just dumb hitboxes that make no sense

seriously, does brawl+ make more sense than brawl. i might pick it up if thats the case
like if someone throws up a ****ing forward smash and misses CAN YOU PUNISH IT.
cuz 9/10 in brawl the answer is no

or can wario still upair you even though you're halfway across the screen from him and you still dont have any time to react
heres a tip, whenever someone says something you personally disagree with that doesn't automatically mean they are trolling. jesus christ.

and ignoring someone or not taking someone seriously because they say stuff that you disagree with says a lot about your own maturity and open-mindedness.
So... these are gameplay mechanics you agree with? :dizzy:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont agree or disagree with them they are just how the game is
lots of people have learned to be great at brawl. obvious the game can be played correctly. i just dont know how.

and that annoyed second post wasnt really directed at you

Top Bottom