• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

UberBradley

Smash Rookie
Hey is there going to be any tournaments in alabama anytime soon? If so could you please tell me? I live in Fort.Rucker so i would like to know if there is one close to here.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
viewtiful joe looks to have all the same moves in mvc3 that he has in tvc

except his six majin doesn't have a 12 minute start up it seems

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
all the pros on wifi just tell me how much i suck and taunt the whole match every time i play them...

i get the feeling that im playing this game drastically wrong sometimes...

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Austin, nothing personal, but if I find out you're smoking anything illegal outside the store, I'll have to let my security buddy know. If you're high, I'll have to kick you out. We have an image to uphold.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Austin, nothing personal, but if I find out you're smoking anything illegal outside the store, I'll have to let my security buddy know. If you're high, I'll have to kick you out. We have an image to uphold.
Main reason why I said that.

how can you tell if shaslam is high lol
that dude got a natural high
If you can tell when Slam's stoned, props to you. Even his maker's not sure when Slam's high.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
So, I want to go to columbus, GA sometime soon. you Bham folk should show up!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
can someone recommend something relatively inexpensive that i can use to capture watchable (if not great quality) video from my video games

nice1

Smash Lord
:D

I haven't played melee in so long :(

It's all Maurice's fault. Him and his school johns.
N!gga plz school johns are legit plus its tha second week of skool N1gguh and there you go with that maurice stuff. smh... i feel like an episode of rocket power where they kept calling twister maurice

edit: i def know i wont be at gamebox. Gotta go to my friends wedding

SleepyK

here's a quote from a previous q a'd

you say VG gameplay, but that's too broad a term. do you want to record the newest consoles, which can output in high definition?
the ps2-xbox-gc era also had at least component output (idr the resolution and whatever) so you can record those at a fairly decent quality level.

how much money are you willing to spend?
how much effort are you going to put into the videos?
are you trying to record directly to a computer?
if so, what are your computer specs?
are you looking for portability when it comes to computer recording (such as laptop)?
if you're not looking to record directly to a computer, you have other options, which depend on how much money you are willing to spend.
etc.

these are all important questions.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i want it mainly for nintendo wii. and probably xbox live.
i've never had an HD or had to use my component cables on my xbox so I dont know anything about how hd works. i dont need my output videos to be in hd at this point.

id like to spend less than 150 dollars or so but I dont have any idea how much these things run.
i wouldnt hav eto record directly to my computer. it seems like that would require more effort and better equipment. which my computer is pretty decent but im going to the minimum that is workable here

but if it worked out obv i would do it.
computer is amd phenom II x2 550
3.11 ghz 3.25 ram
video card is nvidia geforce 9800 GTX+

portability is optional. i dont own a laptop atm. its something i will look into in the future.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
is there wifi at gamebox?
i dont have my ipod and would like music while i play lol

whatever yeah i have a perma high anyways no lie dont make a difference.

no but forreal i kind of do LOL

is nu coming?
looks like theres going to be a turnout yay for first succesful al tourney.

is elev8 gonna win mlg columbus?

SleepyK

i want it mainly for nintendo wii. and probably xbox live.
i've never had an HD or had to use my component cables on my xbox so I dont know anything about how hd works. i dont need my output videos to be in hd at this point.

id like to spend less than 150 dollars or so but I dont have any idea how much these things run.
i wouldnt hav eto record directly to my computer. it seems like that would require more effort and better equipment. which my computer is pretty decent but im going to the minimum that is workable here

but if it worked out obv i would do it.
computer is amd phenom II x2 550
3.11 ghz 3.25 ram
video card is nvidia geforce 9800 GTX+

portability is optional. i dont own a laptop atm. its something i will look into in the future.
if you want HD recording, dollars go into 150 easily.
for component, a little lower. prob could find for 40-70
composite, 20-40 and the like.

if you want to maintain portability without buying a laptop, your easiest bet is probably to buy a dvd recorder.

Top Bottom