• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I'm tired of looking at stuff where the ignorant PM players whine about "One Unit" excluding them. I'm tired of seeing things like "50% of smash players play PM so it's popular Nintendo should support itszszszz"

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired of PM players whining about getting cut out of all the major tournaments and receiving less publicity for a game that a large part of the community loves. (/s)

Last edited:

HsvASL

Smash Cadet
We've been busy getting ready for ChargerCon! We have a lot of new and exciting things planned for the community! We hope to see everyone there. You WON'T want to miss the action that is going down tomorrow!

And if you can't join us in person - check out the stream at http://hasl.tv!

Thank you everyone! See you all tomorrow!

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
April 5th is the next date. I'm hoping to find another venue by May 3rd so I can run it longer than 6 hours. in the mean time i'd love to see a turn out as good as this first one! 28 enterants for melee got people pretty excited, and since this time there won't be another tournament conflicting with it I expect a much stronger PM turn out. http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-...ay-out-au-city-monthly-auburn-alabama.395279/

Last edited:

2Hands

Smash Rookie
I'll be in the Birmingham area for spring break next week. Are there any pm weeklies happening during a weeknight? I'd really like to play someone outside the Midwest for once lol

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
This is your reminder that BIO! 7 is this Saturday. So why should you come? Well, this is going to be the LAST BIO OF THE SEMESTER! Old rivals will clash and new rivalries will emerge. Here are some of the players that you can expect:

Shenanigans (Kirby) - Recently, this rising star has shown what you can do when you're just good at video games. Dash attacking and up-tilting his way through his enemies, he has upset many notable players such as Moogle, Spade, and Tope in the last two weeks alone.

Keno (Peach) - Keno is the best Peach main in Alabama. However, at the most recent BIO, he went out like a buster losing to Zest and Ram, placing a meager 5th. Will this be his comeback? Or will it merely be another poor performance on an otherwise immaculate record?

Zylo (Fox) - Zylo shows the results you can achieve with consistent Fox play. This year, he has not placed outside of the top 5 in a tournament in Alabama. Recently, he upset Saintrage in Winner's at Chargercon, only to fall to him in Loser's Semi finals 1-2.

Zoma (Sheik/GnW) - Zoma has taken the state by storm with his PM prowess. Zoma was not satisfied with just winning the last BIO; he traveled to Auburn and took their money as well. He recently placed 3rd at Chargercon, falling behind Reflex and Ninkendo. Will he repeat his performance?

I hope to see you there.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1565164453722343/

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
So me and my friends talked about this the other day, most members of the UA smash league are from out of town and state, and we counted and there are maybe 5 of us left here in Tuscaloosa for the summer. Last summer we couldn't have been more dead and we're looking to change that this summer. If I can find a venue this summer, can I have a number on who might travel to make these tournaments an actual thing? I mean at the very least having 15 people per event. Thing is that if we have one that's a flop and no one shows up then they're probably gonna be cancelled. Please comment if you or a number of your friends may consider trying to come if they happen, appreciate it a lot guys

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-10-2015-tigerlan-29-auburn-al.397937/

Getting this out earlier.
Also, I would like to have guest TOs for each event. Particularly if M3t would like to come and do Project M, Alias for Smash 4, etc.

Also, if you want certain Smash tournaments to be at the event, head to that thread and let me know. I need to be able to decide where I should allocate space for these events and decide which has support enough to run.

If anyone wants to act as guest TO, let me know. I'll be working actively on this for the next few months.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
When are we having a sm4sh pr so I can have an appropriate top player hit list before my deployment over seas in July.

Top Bottom