• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i think its really sad how all of you let MK turn you into a community full of whiny *****es. also, you guys are beating MK's left and right and stil screaming a ban.

basically m2k was just trolling. its no diffferent from when he kils all his partners in doubles. or any other time he trolls. hes just a **** and he really really tries to be.
Ally switched to Meta Knight. DEHF has been using Meta Knight lately. I get so terribly frustrated with the character when I play a campy one. What Meta Knights are we beating left and right? People who aren't as good as us, as far as I can tell. Calling for a ban does not automatically mean we're whiny. The character is simply not healthy for Brawl.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
How often do you guys in Birmingham play? I live close enough that there's no reason for me not to come anymore. Once I have a car I can use, anyways..

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and Stadium 1 aren't enough for you?
lol this^

Picto was great for Diddy, but it's not like FD wasn't the only other large, flat stage that was legal. Smashville is amazing in general. Yoshi's Island (Brawl) isn't the best stage for Diddy since the platform can both mess up Banana useage and enable certain characters to camp hardcore underneath it (and characters like DK have other shenanigans), but it's not horrible by any means. While PS1's alternative transformations are all pretty bad for Diddy (especially against characters like Pikachu), PS1's first transformation is an amazing arena for Diddy (making it a wonderful CP or starter stage). Stages like Halberd and Castle Siege (second and third transformations) aren't bad either. If you then consider everyone will have to essentially waste a CP on FD against Diddy, you'll see he still has plenty of good options other than Pictochat.

Diddy wouldn't completely dominate if MK was banned. He has enough even matchups that winning a tournament with him against equally skilled players will at least require some talent, rather than just by abusing a broken CP system. Admittedly, it does seem like MK is currently Diddy's only truly unfavorable matchup, but it's not like Diddy has advantageous matchups against the rest of the cast (like MK). It's also rather easy to CP stages against Diddy, as most characters will do better on RC or (especially) Brinstar than Diddy. Beyond that, it's not like any character does exceedingly poorly on flat stages; in saying this, I do realize Diddy has a large advantage on those stages, but it's not like a lack of platforms severely hinders any character's playstyle to a great degree (unlike other CP stages).

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
i think its really sad how all of you let MK turn you into a community full of whiny *****es. also, you guys are beating MK's left and right and stil screaming a ban.

basically m2k was just trolling. its no diffferent from when he kils all his partners in doubles. or any other time he trolls. hes just a **** and he really really tries to be.
MK is so bad that I'm not using Ice Climbers against MKs that know the MU anymore.
LOSER beat the ICs out of me. I go Falco against him now.
Who is beating MKs?
At a high level, I mean.
Last I checked Kismet walks in and we're all free. Not that he is missing the skill to beat us all, but seriously. Meta Knight da bess.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Dude, you know me. There's not a guy in Alabama I don't think I can beat through personal improvement at some point. You, Will, and Rag included. Hell, I even play MK. It doesn't mean I'm not for an MK ban and for the reasons that have already been stated. I love the game, but, straight up, it would be better without Meta Knight because of what the Meta Knight would promote.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
Okay mahg I've offered so mAny times that everyone could come to my house for a smashfest! Only geo, slam, and cheap,nu ,Dave showed uP commend ryker and rag for coming to my home as well!

:phone:

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Anyone down to meet up next wk? my lady is starting classes from 8 to 4, so i'd be free to play a bit. Where do you guys want to play? I'd be cool with Montgomery or hosting (not that anyone wants to drive 2 and a half hours)

Aloha

Smash Cadet
But it most cases some guys in the B'ham area did not even attempt to host smashfest! Smash is dying cause of not only because of metaknight lol! But because it's not a traditional fighter you have to band this gotta band that this is legal that isn't legal it just takes the fun out of the so called fighting experience! I left smash because of that reason it was no longer exciting to me to watch metaknight Lose to a toon link or watch a ya on down spike a snake because it's a party game! Brawl is dead any as soon as people realize that the better off people will be!

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Dude, you know me. There's not a guy in Alabama I don't think I can beat through personal improvement at some point. You, Will, and Rag included. Hell, I even play MK. It doesn't mean I'm not for an MK ban and for the reasons that have already been stated. I love the game, but, straight up, it would be better without Meta Knight because of what the Meta Knight would promote.
Yeah, I just started learning MK because he's far and above the best. Competition is all about using the tools we have available to win, right? Well, MK is the best one. I think the game would be a lot more fun without him, though. It's just kind of absurd how much using him can close the skill gap. He is THAT good.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
We understand Aloha, but some of us still enjoy playing in this game's competitive scene. I see little incentive to try and convince us to drop it. I love Brawl, and I hope to improve its scene in Alabama in the coming year. Some very exciting things are happening that could do just that.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
The one thing I love abourt srk people is that they are true lovers of marvel or ae blaze blue etc! And thats why we get together every Tuesday and Thursday and we marvel baby or Play blaze blue arcade edition And there is peoPle recording matches bringing more hype to our scene! It's called bama causualz check us out! Not comparing y'all to them but I'm just saying! Lots of characters that piss me off in marvel like Phoenix, dante' and sentinel but there are ways to beat them why? Cause it's a traditional fighter! Melee is a fighter! Brawl sucks! So you melee players I respect your guys cause your game actually requires execution like me beloved marvel capcom!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wasn't under the impression that Brawl was dying.

Also, I'm straight on playing Super Yun Fighter IV.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
Lol guys remember when Kirby took out out metaknight and thousands of people went nuts! Lol cause it never happened Evo I see u in three weeks baby Aloha gone be wit the movie stars yup aloha jus told em

Aloha

Smash Cadet
Who wants to buy a wii and copy of brawl for 45 dallors aloha is selling going once going twice ? Buy the way 42 dallors is for the wii and I gave your a discount on brawl for 3 dallors ! Get it why it's not hot

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yeah man this game is weak as ****

We should play those really GOOD fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom 3 that never get old

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
aloha you were never even good at brawl you cnat talk **** about a game you werent good at and never understood fully in the first place. no tryin to bag on you just bein real im not that good either.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
haha, I'd buy a Wii 45$. I could finally practice brawl at places other than tournaments.

Of course, if Ingulit decides not to get it.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
Slam you right I sucked at brawl even tho ive ***** u plenty of times,again not covincing any one toplay mvc3 I was just saying brawl is gay,so get over it smash babied

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I think and probably always will think that smash bros. as a series is the most fun "fighting" game possible.

i highly disagree that it's of a higher competitive quality than MVC3 though.

BUT. I believe this could quite possibly be because I don't fully UNDERSTAND brawl.
because (while we're talking about MVC3), I originally thought marvel 3 was dumb because of how easy it is to lose an entire character, and how ridiculously powerful X-factor is, but eventually I realized that these factors were all intentional developer decisions and they require you to play the game in a certain way unlike most other games in the versus series. after watching how top players react to the things in the game I think are dumb I felt like I understood the game more.

I haven't really had that kind of epiphany for brawl. it just gets dumber and dumber the more I think complexly about it. i see top players consistently winning, so obviously there is some skill curve in this game, but when i watch them. I really don't understand what they are doing differently. Considering the fact that we know that the developers didn't intentionally program mechanics in the game that would increase competitiveness (for the most part, there are some things, I will grant you), it makes me assume that the top players just learn more about the game and memorize increasingly better gimmicks.

but again maybe I dunno wtf I'm talking about.
this was longer than I intended it to be

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
mvc3 is so much better at being a fighting game than brawl is its not even funny
I'm not quite sure what the criteria for being a fighting game is. If it's having to think about as many actions as possible, MvC3 seems rather tame in that--Assists don't ever change, so they add rather limited amounts of variety (and, consequently, depth) to the gameplay.

From what I can tell, it's about as dial-a-button as UMK3, which, while fun, isn't a particularly thought-provoking fighting engine. Limited okizeme potential with the inability to tech ground bounces. The mindgames mostly consist of throws and very specific assist shenanigans. Then you just land a dive kick and kill a character. So deep.

Top Bottom