• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
part of it is the fact that I don't have a car, so i have little flexibility in when i can leave my house, or when I can leave the tournaments

ill see yall when smash 4 comes out :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I had a long post written out, but my computer froze :(

A lot of people seem to be either losing interest or finding other reasons not to come to tournaments. I'm okay with a smaller, close-knit group of players, but I think we should rethink our priorities as a community. If we want to legitimately work on getting better, then I think we should block any impediments to that. As cheap as the ASL already is, money is still a huge issue for a lot of players, and I would like to eliminate that as a factor. In short, I think we should host free entry tournaments. We could still have a venue fee when necessary, but we get rid of entry fees and prize money.

Most people don't benefit from the money situation as is, only a handful benefit in fact. I certainly don't mean to chastise them for that, but I think we need to shift our priorities to helping everyone improve. We could save our money so we can go to larger out of state tournaments, which could help us improve, grow closer as a group, and let people know we exist.

Frankly, every argument I've heard in favor of keeping prize money doesn't appear to hold water. I've heard people say that nothing is on the line in free tournament. I don't think people are going to stop trying because the tournament is free; if nothing else, pride is on the line. I've heard people say that top level players won't come to tournaments if there's no money involved. While I agree to some extent, we are talking about local tournaments, not regionals. I'm confident our good players like the game enough to come regardless of the prize money. If we ever do host a large tournament, we should have prize money, but we don't need it at locals. I'm willing to listen to anyone who thinks they can argue for prize money. However, as of now, I only see money as an impediment.

I was going to recommend that we get rid of the PR as well, but after talking to Billy, I don't think that's a good idea. The PR can be a huge distraction to players who want to get "just good enough" to maintain their spots (I'm guilty of this too). It also forces players to cut each other down and argue every few months about who is better. As much as I don't like that, I think it serves other vital functions. It shows other states that we are active, and it helps us seed tournaments more effectively. We might consider restructuring the PR to fix the problems without getting rid of the benefits. Currently I have no suggestion to do that, but it's something to think about.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I had a long post written out, but my computer froze :(

A lot of people seem to be either losing interest or finding other reasons not to come to tournaments. I'm okay with a smaller, close-knit group of players, but I think we should rethink our priorities as a community. If we want to legitimately work on getting better, then I think we should block any impediments to that. As cheap as the ASL already is, money is still a huge issue for a lot of players, and I would like to eliminate that as a factor. In short, I think we should host free entry tournaments. We could still have a venue fee when necessary, but we get rid of entry fees and prize money.

Most people don't benefit from the money situation as is, only a handful benefit in fact. I certainly don't mean to chastise them for that, but I think we need to shift our priorities to helping everyone improve. We could save our money so we can go to larger out of state tournaments, which could help us improve, grow closer as a group, and let people know we exist.

Frankly, every argument I've heard in favor of keeping prize money doesn't appear to hold water. I've heard people say that nothing is on the line in free tournament. I don't think people are going to stop trying because the tournament is free; if nothing else, pride is on the line. I've heard people say that top level players won't come to tournaments if there's no money involved. While I agree to some extent, we are talking about local tournaments, not regionals. I'm confident our good players like the game enough to come regardless of the prize money. If we ever do host a large tournament, we should have prize money, but we don't need it at locals. I'm willing to listen to anyone who thinks they can argue for prize money. However, as of now, I only see money as an impediment.

I was going to recommend that we get rid of the PR as well, but after talking to Billy, I don't think that's a good idea. The PR can be a huge distraction to players who want to get "just good enough" to maintain their spots (I'm guilty of this too). It also forces players to cut each other down and argue every few months about who is better. As much as I don't like that, I think it serves other vital functions. It shows other states that we are active, and it helps us seed tournaments more effectively. We might consider restructuring the PR to fix the problems without getting rid of the benefits. Currently I have no suggestion to do that, but it's something to think about.
You sound like going to tournaments is the only way that a person can get better. Experience is vital, sure, but, practicing at home with other people willing to get better just as important for noticeable improvement, I feel. I got better by playing with Calvin a couple times a week, and that's how I continue to improve.

We've already cut prices down considerably as it is. Anyone who finds paying for the tournament troublesome is struggling with gas costs and ride issues more than the $5 per tournament we offer. There's a bigger issue here.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
For many people who don't have local scenes, going to tournaments is the only way to get better.

I don't know why people have stopped showing up at tournaments, and I'm interested to hear your theory. Regardless, with the turnout we've been getting, we'll probably have to move away from set payouts next season. I don't like it, but we don't have much choice.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
For many people who don't have local scenes, going to tournaments is the only way to get better.

I don't know why people have stopped showing up at tournaments, and I'm interested to hear your theory. Regardless, with the turnout we've been getting, we'll probably have to move away from set payouts next season. I don't like it, but we don't have much choice.
because alot of us have moved on to other games that we think are more important and fun at a point and time i was guilty of this comparing smash to traditional fighters to me isnt fair ive learned that smash is a fighter its just different its in its own league! for what ever it is worth cam if yall thrown a tourny and its doesnt interfere with issac monthly or i have a free saturday then ill be more than happy to see what my little moon man can do! cam also gotta realize me, kola, dangr, nice1, who i think are decent players at one point quit!

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Well, I for one don't play to get competitive. I play for fun, to hang out with my peeps, etc. So I suppose my opinion wouldn't be valuable to your vision.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
if its fun, you passively get better if you play with competitive people. if you dont find playing competitive fun, kinda doing it wrong cuz if its fun you get better.

probably makes no sense to you guys but....

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's not always so silly. I enjoy getting better with a lot of characters; I have a general tendency to play aggressively, despite maining a particularly lame character. I don't think idea play necessarily revolves around hardcore camping.

In games that involve direct competition, I enjoy finding ways to improve. That goes for anything--I have tricks for Brawl; I have tricks for Mario Party. That's what I find fun in those games, alongside the hanging out and cracking jokes. Being able to show people how to improve and use new tactics to your advantage is inherently pleasant to me.

Some games invite improvement, and others are just purely for the experience. One of my favorite video game experiences is the multiplayer beat-em-up. I can't get enough of them, and it's not something you can constantly improve on. It all depends on the game.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
You sound like going to tournaments is the only way that a person can get better. Experience is vital, sure, but, practicing at home with other people willing to get better just as important for noticeable improvement, I feel. I got better by playing with Calvin a couple times a week, and that's how I continue to improve.
you do realize how easy this is for you to say in comparision to some players? you are literally surrounded by people who are MAAAD competitve and have MAAD drive literally everytime you play the game.
i, for one, only experiance the chance to improve when i go to tournaments. im just saying.
count your blessings cuz you are by far one of the luckiest people in alabama to have a brother that is very competitve, to live within 15 minutes of GA's second best player (granted, yall got better by playing with each other, still, you had a dedicated person to play with) and basically getting to be a part of EVERY "good" player get-together and roadtrip to OoS tournaments. literally EVERY SINGLE ONE.

you literally are the only person with as much luck/respect/income to participate/get invited to every single thing that could possibly make you a better player. i cant remember the last thing i got to do outside of a tournament. prolly back in 09' when raf let me go to ATL with him. i know you have tried to avoid me at most costs whenever i try to get with you to go places or smash. im frankly down to drive to auburn whenever to play but i know youre not down to do that with me and you already are content with youre situations and its just really annoying that you have things to say on a subject where you should know better to stay quiet and count your blessings. try putting yourself in a situation of a player like me and dont just go "blah blah if they want to they can make it better. look! i did it!!" when theres hardly an ounce of how things really are to that statement. ive literally thrown myself at most situations to play and get better despite the travel and dont get an ounce or budge out of anyone except raf, which has prior engaements alot of the time, and in actuality yall smash like all the ****ing time in auburn. cam has mentioned it to me though. regardless, you do all but make me welcome when i throw myself out there to play so just..... shutup dude... i wish like hell you would but you just aint like that though really

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
you do realize how easy this is for you to say in comparision to some players? you are literally surrounded by people who are MAAAD competitve and have MAAD drive literally everytime you play the game.
i, for one, only experiance the chance to improve when i go to tournaments. im just saying.
count your blessings cuz you are by far one of the luckiest people in alabama to have a brother that is very competitve, to live within 15 minutes of GA's second best player (granted, yall got better by playing with each other, still, you had a dedicated person to play with) and basically getting to be a part of EVERY "good" player get-together and roadtrip to OoS tournaments. literally EVERY SINGLE ONE.

you literally are the only person with as much luck/respect/income to participate/get invited to every single thing that could possibly make you a better player. i cant remember the last thing i got to do outside of a tournament. prolly back in 09' when raf let me go to ATL with him. i know you have tried to avoid me at most costs whenever i try to get with you to go places or smash. im frankly down to drive to auburn whenever to play but i know youre not down to do that with me and you already are content with youre situations and its just really annoying that you have things on a subject where you should know better to stay quiet and count your blessings. try putting yourself in a situation of a player like me and dont just go "blah blah if they want to they can make it better. look! i did it!!" when theres hardly an ounce of how things really are to that statement. ive literally thrown myself at most situations to play and get better despite the travel and dont get an ounce or budge out of anyone except raf, which has prior engaements alot of the time, and in actuality yall smash like all the ****ing time in auburn. cam has mentioned it to me though. regardless, you do all but make me welcome when i throw myself out there to play so just..... shutup dude... i wish like hell you would but you just aint like that though really
I understand how well that has worked out in my favor. I'm not saying that everyone else should just man up and get better. I just mean that not having other people to regularly play with is what's holding a lot of people back.

I've made a great effort to get myself to places since the Melee days. I've never minded it, and while I was pretty good at Melee, I only won money once in the four years I played it. I just loved the community and seeing myself improve. That was a top priority for me; it was a big part of my life. It cost me a lot of time and money, and I never regretted it, because of how much I enjoyed being a part of the community and feeling my improvement.

This happened to carry over into Brawl. Not everyone feels the same way about getting better. Not everyone consistently sees themselves getting better. Not everyone cares about improving their skill level at the game. Not everyone cares about the game or the community that much, and that's okay. We all have our own priorities, and not everyone wants to spend that kind of time and money on a game that will probably be phased out a few years from now.

It's not like these sessions are invite-only or anything. I play with Calvin and my older brother often because it's convenient and because they care to play. I go to Auburn's Smash club because it's a pleasant environment and because they're motivated to play and get better. That's all it takes. I'm not this spoiled, entitled brat you make me out to be. I understand that it takes a lot to get to a high level, but the ride is supposed to be an enjoyable one, and I go out of my way to help people.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well im not feeling any of the reflex-love.
either invite me or let me know about htese things or stop fronting so hard and show your true colors and admit that you maaaay be willing to help SOME people out but not everyone (aka me)
you do man, ive made efforts to try and smash with you alot and they all get shut down by you before i can even ask most of the time.
if the smashfests arent invite only then what are they? am i just suppose to drive to auburn one night hoping to find you guys smashing int he middle of the road? is that what you are saying? i need someone to meet me halfway in my efforts.

i have all of the qualities and motivation you have mentioned and i am beyond a shadow of a doubt positive that everyone in this thread knows that. so what goes wrong when i try to smash? the only thing i can see is people not being interested or caring to have me over.

basically im just saying youre saying all these great things baout yourself but i feel like you just like to think that about yourself and its not how you actually are. im just saying either start inviting me or at the very least stop avoiding me or stop fronting and just say you dont like me or care for me and particularly dont want to smash with me and/or give the smallest damn about seeing me improve. i know ive been mean in the past, im not playing the innocent victim here, i wouldnt blame you for not liking me, but im just saying its either one or the other.

you cant say you are a fantastic guy who helps everyone improve when you avoid someone who basically begs at your knees for help.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
well im not feeling any of the reflex-love.
either invite me or let me know about htese things or stop fronting so hard and show your true colors and admit that you maaaay be willing to help SOME people out but not everyone (aka me)
you do man, ive made efforts to try and smash with you alot and they all get shut down by you before i can even ask most of the time.
if the smashfests arent invite only then what are they? am i just suppose to drive to auburn one night hoping to find you guys smashing int he middle of the road? is that what you are saying? i need someone to meet me halfway in my efforts.

i have all of the qualities and motivation you have mentioned and i am beyond a shadow of a doubt positive that everyone in this thread knows that. so what goes wrong when i try to smash? the only thing i can see is people not being interested or caring to have me over.

basically im just saying youre saying all these great things baout yourself but i feel like you just like to think that about yourself and its not how you actually are. im just saying either start inviting me or at the very least stop avoiding me or stop fronting and just say you dont like me or care for me and particularly dont want to smash with me and/or give the smallest damn about seeing me improve. i know ive been mean in the past, im not playing the innocent victim here, i wouldnt blame you for not liking me, but im just saying its either one or the other.
Why would I have some personal vendetta against you? Because we don't agree with certain things about a video game? I'm not that petty. Very few people are.

As far as my methods, I'm not saying that I've single-handedly leveled people up or anything. Most of it comes through talking to me. t1j and Cam have messaged me on many an occasion to talk about the game. Sometimes it's general information. Sometimes it's asking for a match critique. I get busy; they know that I don't always have the time to sit down and talk about it in-depth, and they know that I'm a forgetful person, but when they catch me while I'm free, I'm more than happy to discuss stuff with them. When they're around at a tournament and I'm generally free, they'll ask, and I'll talk with them or play a couple friendlies with the intention of letting them know what I think they could improve on. I tend to keep to myself at tournaments, but I'm more than friendly to the people who approach me.

School has kept me busy, and now I have work. I rarely have days to myself that aren't on a Sunday. I'm not always able to play. My consistent rituals are going to the AU crew's Smash clubs on Friday nights (6 to 9 PM, every Friday night, and we usually go to Cam's afterward) available tournaments on Saturdays, mostly because they're what's convenient. If I had more time, I might be down to have someone over at my house, or even to play with Calvin and my older brother more than maybe once a week.

I don't have this innate need to talk myself up in public (it's my half-joking heel persona when it happens). I'm not preoccupied with avoiding you or anyone else. The people who want help reach out to me, and that's when I help them.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Slam, I've invited you to Auburn more than once, and each time you say you're interested but then end up not going. Reflex helped me a lot, and I've never seen him turn anyone down for that same help.

The semester's ending, so we only have one Smash club left. You are welcome to come down for it, and I will even house you for the night if you need it. Billy and I will be there; Reflex may want to come and play too. You should come. We meet at 6:00 central time in the Auburn Student Center and play until 9:00, room 2218. If you have a Wii, please bring it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
reflex you still didnt invite me to anything... lmao. its ok whatever. but im literally saying if you smash for as little as an hour with clavin or your brother or anyone else for that matter or anyyyytttthhhiiinnnggg i will litterally drive to auburn for that one hour, play, then turn around and leave. but thats not enough initiative to get me invited anywhere i guess lol welp...
guess im wrong for trying to have a hands on experiance and will start messaging you then? blllaaaaahh.

@cam, yeah you have but ive never gotten specific details or known that yall did that every friday. ive known that you guys smash before tournaments, but im not able to come do stuff before tournaments since thatd put me being gone for 2 days and not just 1. maybe i just didnt listen closely enough but when you explained things it sounded like "there is a smash club in auburn that plays sometimes" i didnt know you or anyone else were a part of it though, or that it was an up-and-running thing. but like i said, it could have been me not paying close enough atttention :/

anyways, cam, i would like to come but its kind of discouraging knowing itll be the last one like id like to find something consistant. maybe we can work on that over the summer? id drive to huntsville or where ever, so you can add me to a list of people interested in a regular smashfest over the summer if you have any intentions of doing that. if not, then whats new i just wont be smashing lol. but ill try to come friday, it'd be cool but im just sad i found out about it so late :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
reflex you still didnt invite me to anything... lmao. its ok whatever. but im literally saying if you smash for as little as an hour with clavin or your brother or anyone else for that matter or anyyyytttthhhiiinnnggg i will litterally drive to auburn for that one hour, play, then turn around and leave. but thats not enough initiative to get me invited anywhere i guess lol welp...
guess im wrong for trying to have a hands on experiance and will start messaging you then? blllaaaaahh.

@cam, yeah you have but ive never gotten specific details or known that yall did that every friday. ive known that you guys smash before tournaments, but im not able to come do stuff before tournaments since thatd put me being gone for 2 days and not just 1. maybe i just didnt listen closely enough but when you explained things it sounded like "there is a smash club in auburn that plays sometimes" i didnt know you or anyone else were a part of it though, or that it was an up-and-running thing. but like i said, it could have been me not paying close enough atttention :/

anyways, cam, i would like to come but its kind of discouraging knowing itll be the last one like id like to find something consistant. maybe we can work on that over the summer? id drive to huntsville or where ever, so you can add me to a list of people interested in a regular smashfest over the summer if you have any intentions of doing that. if not, then whats new i just wont be smashing lol. but ill try to come friday, it'd be cool but im just sad i found out about it so late :(
I didn't invite anyone else to anything, either. I'm not gonna give you special treatment. It's not my place to invite people to Auburn, as they're not my events. It is my understanding that you've been invited to them on more than one occasion, though. I don't understand why you would drop everything to play with me but would be so reluctant to play with them for much longer.

I don't schedule my playing here. If I get off work with nothing school-related to do, and Calvin happens to be free, I'll meet up with him for a little while. Most of the time, work lasts too long, or school gets in the way, or Calvin is not free at the same time. I can't just invite people from out of town to make those situations happen three hours in advance. Perhaps after school lets out, but, it's just not feasible right now.

Still, I highly recommend asking me about the game.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont think removing prize money and entry fees will have any effect tbh.
asl tournaments cost next to nothing to attend. some people spend 30 dollars at one tournament. you can make that in less then one day of work if you make minimum wage.
I dont think that's what is holding people back from coming, although things like gas maybe. I don't think people care about 'losing money' unless maybe the top players do.
The concept of winning money is a motivator, if not a small one, though.
brawl is a game where on the surface you can't tell the difference between casual players and competitive players. There are very few conspicuous advanced techniques, and a huge number of people did not play melee competitive beforehand. We have an underdeveloped community (read: scrubby). look, no one ever wants to hear this, but there was a time where people who played smash considered it a significant part of their lives. They saved up for tournaments, they travelled and smashed regularly, they shared strategies, they actually watched and hyped up other peoples matches. That's just because there was a strong developed community. Melee also had the benefit of there being a lot of great players and rivalries and things of that nature. Now its mostly just regions keeping to themselves and only good players attending nationals and doing okay and then meeting back up with their friends and going home.
on top of that, this game is not made for competitive play.
the game is HARD to get good at. for one, true success of this game means knowing the moveset, frame data, and hitbox data for 30 characters, and how your character can approach all of this. also i believe the game itself sort of 'teaches' you bad habits, and only certain people with good mental awareness are able to correct these mistakes efficiently.
also, you CAN NOT practice this game by yourself. I think it is the only 'competitive' game on the planet where this is the case. Even in melee you could practice techs and get ideas on combos, and this practice would LITERALLY result in better play in tournaments. Which is motivator for one to keep playing and keep attending tournaments.
Wifi helps, but it is garbage and not fun. this is not a way to motivate someone to play lol.
i think reflex is pretty good about giving advice, but the MAJORITY of top players are not. They either give really ****ty, basic advice, or flat out refuse. I think that trickles down and keeps the rest of us from progressing.
Add this all up in a community like ours, where everyone is spread out and busy all the time. you've got a bad formula. you've basically got a whole community that plateaus itself against each other because none of us really know what to do in order to get better, which is unmotivating in and of itself, but on top of that we have a game that most people admit, is not that hype or fun to watch. yet we're trying to make hype tournaments based around it? lolnah

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah melee people literally built an empire from scratch. they built probably one of the best fighting game communities in history. theres alot to go into but they just did alot of things right. and brawl does alot of those things wrong lol. its alot of intangible stuff that made that community so great so its hard to just sit and give a diagnosis of it.

also in my ragerant i forgot that i have school on Tues, Thurs, Fri. so i cant come to auburn.

also, reflex, i wasn't hesitant to go to auburn to play with cam and them. i thought cam was referring me to a smash club that he wasn't a part of simply because i kept telling him how much i wanted to play with others and a smash club he had heard of was just the only thing that came to his mind to respond to me with at that moment. and i wasnt interested in traveling to play with random people that werent a part of SWF or that i knew.
granted, he did tell me about smashfests before tournaments at his place, but i couldn't do them.
im willing to drop everything and play because i want the opportunity to learn and understand things so badly, i don't think you would understand because you are part of such a copious community in Brawl (not that there's anything wrong with that)
maybe if you related back to your melee days you could see my struggles and wants.

anyways, regarding the post that cam had about cash prizes. i fully agree with the philosophy behind it, but idk, i think cash prizes always have to be a part of things cuz its just how it goes. i like your philosophies about the community though, cam. i think they come from a really genuine place :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
it was mostly assumptions and im sorry for that, luis. i am just frustated and assume the worst when i see others getting to do alot (auburn does alot, they even have their own FB page) and i beg and beg and beg and nothing ever works out. its not only over here that i beg, i text and call ppl often to try and set things up.

also just tbh i wasnt asking for special treatment, i was mainly asking to be invited bc i would be the only out-of-towner that would need notice ahead of time to attend. but i understand where you are coming from in that you can basically only smash when its a really fast and convenient thing. sorry i never asked for an explanation before accusing.

edit: if we cant play over the summer i will message you alot then, though. but im scared to ask alot of questions cuz im not sure if theyll make sense or not. i have an odd way of perceiving things sometimes.

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!

Please, answer a few questions because I'm planning to study in Alabama for 1 semester.

How strong is the scene in AL?
Do you have smash fests? In what city do you usually do?
What city has more tournaments?

I have three options in Alabama, so I want that you can help me to decide. These are the options:

Troy
Montgomery
Dothan
Phenix City

The university in which I'm applying is Troy University. Is there anyone in this university? Can you tell me what are your opinions of this universitity (student rooms, food services, transportation, and so on)

I'm from Mexico :D

EDIT:
I play Brawl and I am disposed to travel to other cities and other states near from AL. :D

_Keno_

Smash Lord
The most active area in Alabama is probably Phenix city/Auburn (bigger local scene and travels to Georgia and AL tournaments a lot).
The scene there seems to be the only place that holds brawl smashfests regularly.

I dont live in that area, so I dont know much about Troy.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Don't do it on May 19th; that's Cordial Uproar in TN. It's promising to be a huge tournament with a $500 grand prize. I think Ally is coming to it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hey guys!

Please, answer a few questions because I'm planning to study in Alabama for 1 semester.

How strong is the scene in AL?
Do you have smash fests? In what city do you usually do?
What city has more tournaments?

I have three options in Alabama, so I want that you can help me to decide. These are the options:

Troy
Montgomery
Dothan
Phenix City

The university in which I'm applying is Troy University. Is there anyone in this university? Can you tell me what are your opinions of this universitity (student rooms, food services, transportation, and so on)

I'm from Mexico :D

EDIT:
I play Brawl and I am disposed to travel to other cities and other states near from AL. :D
Go to Troy. It's a damn fine school. You'll have to travel for smash, but I would definitely choose for school over smash.

We have smash over most regions of the state and regular tournaments. You shouldn't have an issue finding people to play with provided that you can travel even a little.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
And this doesn't happen for you? And it couldn't be rectified because?
this doesn't happen for the majority of the brawl community. especially in alabama. it comes full circle because there's no interest or hype to feed off of, and eventually you stop caring as much because nobody else cares.

Top Bottom