• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You're a little late. Regardless, it seems unlikely, as the only Melee people in Alabama are from Mobile (I guess there's a handful in Huntsville, too, but, eh), which is having its own tournament on the same day. :x

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im bout to start using my dad's laptop to play it again since they dont make a version for the mac.

if you didnt already have me added its BrilliantColours, ill holla at u playboy

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I never played "League of Legends" b4. Heh, i'm not really a pc/mac gamer at all.

Anyone here play Borderlands? (one or two, doesn't matter) That's my ish.

:pow:

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, whats up?(i had to go through hell to get my account back, but needless to say no more trying to bypass rules with youtube.)

looks like i'll be in AL again starting next week(unless something strange happens).
so who's left in Birmingham? i'd love to get in more smash when i get back.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Methinks B'ham has Cheap and Janitor, is Slam back in Montgomery?

I still play league, Usually after work though.

Tsusaki
<Tis Kola

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Sometime mid August I remember you saying something about being in Montgomery and that Serin needed to hit you up.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Soooooo tempted to just call in tomorrow and take a drive to Bulldog Brawl

Edit: Who all from Bama is confirmed?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys, just as a heads up, we've confirmed the date for Smashcon's Summer convention. It's going to be on June 29th and 30th. We are still working out the kinks in our plans and coming up with an official schedule (seeing as we just had a meeting about it tonight).

What we are looking at is to have Smash on Saturday along with a fighter or two (and Project M if I remember correctly), then Sunday will be more fighters and card tournaments, I also remember hearing table top gaming, but there were so many of us talking at once, I don't remember hearing if that was going to happen.

Concerning Smash, if we get a big enough turnout (planning on it), we will have doubles and pools Saturday and the have the bracket Sunday.

I miss you guys. I want to see you guys again, so you guys should totally plan on traveling to LA for this.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm doing a discourse analysis paper of an Auburn Smashfest. Smash interactions are complicated; it's rich with material. It's amazing how far players go to make sure other players don't feel bad about losing. That's why I love you guys.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I'm doing a discourse analysis paper of an Auburn Smashfest. Smash interactions are complicated; it's rich with material. It's amazing how far players go to make sure other players don't feel bad about losing. That's why I love you guys.
i dont think i have ever done anything like that before

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Hey guys, just as a heads up, we've confirmed the date for Smashcon's Summer convention. It's going to be on June 29th and 30th. We are still working out the kinks in our plans and coming up with an official schedule (seeing as we just had a meeting about it tonight).

What we are looking at is to have Smash on Saturday along with a fighter or two (and Project M if I remember correctly), then Sunday will be more fighters and card tournaments, I also remember hearing table top gaming, but there were so many of us talking at once, I don't remember hearing if that was going to happen.

Concerning Smash, if we get a big enough turnout (planning on it), we will have doubles and pools Saturday and the have the bracket Sunday.

I miss you guys. I want to see you guys again, so you guys should totally plan on traveling to LA for this.
I didn't make it out to the last one you guys had that AL came to, but I'd like to try for this one. Not sure about a ride though because driving to tournaments is getting harder and harder to justify to my parents. (And I doubt Spade would consider driving that far) But if my summer schedule isn't super crazy, I'll try to see about getting my car there.

I never played "League of Legends" b4. Heh, i'm not really a pc/mac gamer at all.

Anyone here play Borderlands? (one or two, doesn't matter) That's my ish.

:pow:
What console do you play on? I'm trying to find somebody to play through the Borderlands 2 dlc with since one of my real life friends raged too hard at the Master Gee glitch prior to the patch, and now has no interest in getting or 100% beating the rest of the DLC.

Thats how it is until people start playing Meta Knight. /Bulldog Brawl Salt

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Housing shouldn't be too much of a problem. Erick is usually able to house a number of people. Now that he has an apartment, there's no more intruding on his folks he used to live with. Though as mentioned earlier, I will be keeping everyone in the loop as more details are released. I'll also encourage Erick to complete the details for this tournament in an orderly fashion to give you guys plenty of time to prepare.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I always lose. No one makes me feel better. NO ONE!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I like it when ppl are hard on you. i get better faster that way. and thats what im all about. what is this "feeling" thing you guys speak so fondly of??

Thats how it is until people start playing Meta Knight. /Bulldog Brawl Salt
learn the matchup.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I will learn it, it just doesn't help that he got banned a week after I started going to tournaments in AL so I haven't been able to play it very much until recently.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I feel as if I'm already getting a lot better at it now that I read everything DEHF had to say about the matchup. Last night I played against BlindSpot's MK and won the majority of the games. (He was who I lost to 2-1 at the tournament after beating his Pikachu game 1 with Falco because I didn't know what to do)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Unless you're going to georgia, you don't need to learn it or whatever it is you're wanting to do with it.

raekwon187

Smash Rookie
Plz guys try to come out and support smash monthlies this sat http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...alifier-april-25th-2013-gardendale-al.335955/.

Its the APF qualifier. Whats the APF? https://www.facebook.com/events/331571660298288/

First place in the smash games with the highest attendance receive free entry in the APF tourney. Those two games will have $500 guaranteed pots.
The two highest attendance games will be the games that qualify for the main tourney on Saturday at APF.
Right now we have brawl as a main game with a $1000 pot but it will be split for 2 smash games for the community with $500 a piece.

Melee P:M or Brawl 2 of the 3 and the 3rd will be a side tourney on friday.

Full setups = free venue

Top Bottom