• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
George is on the latest update of SDA (His Tony Hawk 3 run was accepted)

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

Kickass.

Also, moving? I hope you're moving closer to me now <3

Edit: It literally just occurred to me what THPS stands for and why it's been a part of your handle. Obliviousness is not one of my finer qualities.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I'm so sick. I didn't get sick for like a year and im pretty sure my body is making up for lost time now. Sick 3 times in the past 2 months...
:facepalm:
awh my internet face is cutesies but obviously distressed ;\

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Nah, just moving around Birmingham some more.

Less than 3 months is less time than I was expecting to get my run published on the site. Guess I'm lucky April is the big push month to get the site all updated.

That sucks about being sick, Austin.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Gl to all going to the tournament today.

Also George since you'll still be in the Birmingham area, I may be coming to you to find help for building a computer. (I'm assuming you may know someone or have done a bit of computer work yourself)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I don't know what the best parts to buy right now would be, but I could definitely help you out with everything, even putting it together.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've got the part picking done and have made an effort to buy a part every pay check. I'm left with the Graphics card and CPU now. Getting it put together is where I'll need the help xD

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
All right. Keep me updated. Once you have everything, let me know. You can come up to GameBox on like a Tuesday evening, and we can put it together. A few things permitting, it shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Nah, just moving around Birmingham some more.

Less than 3 months is less time than I was expecting to get my run published on the site. Guess I'm lucky April is the big push month to get the site all updated.

That sucks about being sick, Austin.
I'm genuinely tired of netflix, that's how often I've been sick lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm almost positive Luis mains him in P:M.
I co-main Wario and Ivysaur. That said, I think Ivysaur has a bunch of stupid, polarizing traits, but that she's below-average in the grand scheme of things. People just need to understand her (many) weaknesses and how to exploit them.

I can hardly wait for 3.0. F-Air won't be the size of Final Destination, and she'll be able to go in better.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yeah, 2.5 has legitimately grabbed my interest in P:M.

There's a 75% that I'll be at AUSOM to play you guys there.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Incredibly. I just need to find a sub for my main just in case. Squirtle is particularly fun, but I wanna try some others.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
In the event that any of you end up being at the races this weekend, stop by and get some Papa Johns Pizza. ;-; I'll be working there all weekend with them.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
what do you mean, kola? What races you talking about playboi?

like horse races?? :surprised:

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
Hello fellow alabama smashers, just curious... are there local tourneys in Huntville? :bluejump:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Talledega NASCAR. Waking up at 5 am everyday to drive golf carts in rain is pretty dumb.
What I learned
<Pricing drinks at $4 for a 20z is standard because the track gets 60% of the profit of everything sold on the track
<People would rather spend $8 on a small burger instead of our pizzas. Which was also $8... I mean Papa Johns isn't the best, but if I were to spend money on food there I'd do quantity over quality.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I'm prolly not.

Kola, Papa Johns IS the best & nascar fans are weird and probably not the smartest people considering they like pay to see a piece of metal go fast around a circle. but that's just my opinion playboi. Keep it cool and earn u some cheeda out there in that world, Big K.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Money will come after I finish college. Also, this Sunday I'll officially be back in Hoover. I doubt people play now, but seeing as I drive I could start carpooling for upcoming tournaments :'D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Indeed. Marvel, AE, Tekken Tag, and Project M. The extra $15 on the convention pass gets you entry into any/all of the tournaments. I'll probably enter AE for fun, myself.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Just as a reminder guys, Summercon is coming up soon. I know a month may seem like plenty of time to prepare, but it's not. So if you are interested in coming down to LA for this, start preparing now!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
If my marvel friends go, I may go and enter Marvel or some ****. It's been slightly my thing lately.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
shaSLAM, it'd be an honor to have you attend smashcon this summer. It's going to be an event you'll regret missing. You don't want to miss out on the fun. :D

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Oh, I was talking about possibly attending the convention that Reflex made into a Project M event so he could win it lol. Cuz my franz might already be going for marvel.
LA doesn't sound bad, but I'm already going there in April for Wrestlemania and that's gonna drain alot of my money, dog. I need to make it up there one day though. Maybe I'll get a job... hmmm...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Jobs are always nice. They give you money which allows you to do fun stuff, like travel to see your friends in other states. :3

ChKn

Smash Ace
Oh, I was talking about possibly attending the convention that Reflex made into a Project M event so he could win it lol. Cuz my franz might already be going for marvel.
LA doesn't sound bad, but I'm already going there in April for Wrestlemania and that's gonna drain alot of my money, dog. I need to make it up there one day though. Maybe I'll get a job... hmmm...
Did you get tickets already for WM? I need to figure out if I'm going to WM or the Raw after, if projects and other **** don't bog me down.

EDIT: Nvm, they aren't gonna be on sale til November.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Yeah november is when tix go on sale. I'm glad I'm going to an indoor one and didn't have to sit outside in 30 degree weather like last year for 29 lol. Or 28 where huge palm trees blocked alot of expensive seat's views.

This year the Raw afterwards was actually better than Mania lol. But that because Mania sucked so bad imo. I'm hoping for a better card for the 30th anniversary.

But I'm planning on spending that whole damn week wasted in the Orleans. So if any of yall wanna do w/me and my cru feel free to HMU. But this is talking like a year away and plans can change. I'm planning on all this happening though.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm trying to get more of my friends to come with me for WM. I would expect the Undertaker, my all-time favorite, to retire and maybe a return of Stone Cold. NBA All-Star week is in NOLA as well so idk lol.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I'm 100% sure Taker is gonna compete so I wouldn't worry about that. He was in really good shape this year and had a lot less physical match with Punk than his past couple matches. I wanna see Punk though, He's my favorite atm. I'm hoping for Batista to possibly return also this year :D

Top Bottom