• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i subscribed to WWEfanNation on YouTube yesterday. i dont even follow wrestling but something compelled me
WWE has some pretty bad stuff as their main attractions atm. I would think you'd just get a bunch of random junk from thier youtube page lol.
I'm more of a dirtsheet kind of person and like try and follow the Indies and learn from old matches and different styles of booking and stuff. I'm one of those fans who likes to think they are capable of critiquing WWE rather than just watching it. lul.
I have learned alot about fight psychology recently though and while I may not work out often, it has kind of made me want to pursue some type of venue in fighting lol. I have a pretty eclectic personality combined with being short tempered, unpredictable, and an addict-like personality that makes me sort of an extreme-ist, so it isn't a stretch that I have this sudden urge to pursue that I guess lol.

also to be noted, I think I just randomly gave an overview of all my personality traits... why do I end up doing that so often?
I prefer VGCW to WWE
lol but just smh at the same time. VGCW is just really weird to me.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
face is pretty spot on. and in wrestling they're called "smarks". Wrestling terms are weird and they love themselves some abbreviations as well.

But most definite dog most definite It's like in my blood I'm convinced lol ;\

ChKn

Smash Ace
Some people in the Internet Wrestling Community (IWC) doesn't like to be called that, but it doesn't bother me either. I found a new appreciation from Pro Wrestling by reading dirt sheets. It also helped that I started reading them when Bleacher Report's Pro Wrestling section was really good (around 2010-2012).

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If interest picks up then I'm down for partaking. Btw smashfests should totally happen this week to prep

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
As far as the job thing goes, I'm not sure. Tried to get hired on at a couple of the Papa Johns in the area and haven't gotten a call back. So ima try and get a hire on in Landscaping.

Give a day place and time and I'll be at a smash fest in the area. Or alternatively give me a text or call on my cell. 256 399 2768 (It changed since I've last talked to you smashers

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
smark just is an abbreviation for "smart mark" and being a "mark" means being a fan of something. so idk. really alot more confusing of a term than it should be lol.

I may go to AUSUM to use my TL. I might not though. I'm not really motivated atm and focusing more on other things. Plus im in Montgomery now. I guess that's a shorter drive though. but still... what's the point..

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Needs more George, do smash things still happen at Gamebox?
The last time anyone showed up for a Smash night was Cheap months ago. I wouldn't complain if people showed up for Smash. Neither would Twinster in most cases (although I can't get him to touch Melee or P:M for more than five minutes, and 95% of the time he'll never want to play Brawl with just me.). There are a few semi-regulars who also play, but no one that good or seemingly interested in the competitive scene. Jehorum/Aloha/WhateverYouKnowHimBy will pop in occasionally, but he's pretty much all Marvel now.

I don't think I'll be making APF. So pricey.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
He actually got here around 12:00. His high school let students leave early because of a prank or something.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Welp, Senior pranks still strong. All right then I'll make my way there after a shower. Oh and I font have Brawl but I still have a Wii. Do I need to pick up a copy before visiting?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I may go to AUSUM to use my TL. I might not though. I'm not really motivated atm and focusing more on other things. Plus im in Montgomery now. I guess that's a shorter drive though. but still... what's the point..

If you don't wanna enter you can still come and kick it. Unless you just don't wanna take the trip, but that's cool regardless.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Reflex, after a series of sets today with George at a MLG level. I can safely state that Ivysuar is hella imba. (And so is Pika's usmash)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Nice, seeing as we may get stormed on Sat I may not be able to much in terms of moving anyway.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There's a Project M WiFi ladder on AiB. I'm not sure why I'm playing it, but it is at least marginally more fun than Brawl WiFi, since you can at least continue your combos when your stray hit lands.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Probably should get back in to WiFi if I decide I want to take smash a but more seriously for the summer. Due to possible rainy weather I'll be free for Friday as well. So I'll probably be at the Box for a while

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yeah, I saw. You're getting in with the white folks, you'll be big in no time.

Just keep making sure it's something they can relate to.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol wayne brady over here

yeah janjan's stuff is general and relatable and i think ppl like that alot

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Tournament tomorrow in Auburn. If you're into PM, I'd recommend dropping by, even if it's just for a day of friendlies. Bring other games and we'll **** around.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Damnit Cheap, you should have tested or called. :( I just got back from there. George leaves around 6 pm (Shift ends) and Twinster stays until he is tired.

Top Bottom