• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
It's not ultra enough.

Jk, i was specifically looking for someone who could play the co-op with me, or perhaps competitively try to high score eachother at gourmet race. Does Kirby Superstar have an identical version of gourmet race?
I have it! Both of them! <3

Everything in Superstar is in Ultra. The things missing from Superstar compared to Ultra is everything unlocked after the first arena. Superstar was advertised as 9 games in 1, so do the math.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I got Kirby today as well.

Speaking of competitive DS games, I made a AW: DoR tier list. (assuming random battle wi-fi rules)

Banned:

Caulder

Top:

Isabella
Forsythe

High:
Gage
Penny

Mid:

Tabitha
Brenner

Low:

Lin
Will

Bottom/situational:

Greyfield
Waylon
Tasha

On a friend code match(usually balanced map and clear weather), Tabitha goes way up and Forsythe goes way down, among other changes.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ack, I did misspell Ganon, didn't I? ****.

But my question is...did he go through and do the opposite capitalization for everything I typed out, or is there a glitch in the system?

popsofctown

Smash Champion

Speaking of competitive DS games, I made a AW: DoR tier list. (assuming random battle wi-fi rules)

Banned:

Caulder

Top:

Isabella
Forsythe

High:
Gage
Penny

Mid:

Tabitha
Brenner

Low:

Lin
Will

Bottom/situational:

Greyfield
Waylon
Tasha

On a friend code match(usually balanced map and clear weather), Tabitha goes way up and Forsythe goes way down, among other changes.
You must play this game much more than i do T_T.

I want another awdor match with you, the other one wasn't justice. I started getting you on that little island level and then all the sudden you started calling me with all these pink ds johns..... :p

So, will you do the K.S.U. co-op mode with me? Maybe friday or saturday?

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Merry christmas All!! I am going to Missouri for basicly a week so i will be unable to come to smashfests until the 30th.

Curious as to how would everyone feel about an after new years smashfest on the first since i'm sure we'll all be having too much fun new years eve and we'll need a day to recover. Thats at least when i'll be able to attend so think about it ^.^

Later All

Will_

Smash Journeyman
You must play this game much more than i do T_T.

I want another awdor match with you, the other one wasn't justice. I started getting you on that little island level and then all the sudden you started calling me with all these pink ds johns..... :p

So, will you do the K.S.U. co-op mode with me? Maybe friday or saturday?
Actually, I just started playing random wi-fi after our match. But I do owe you some more rounds. We can do that and kirby whenever tomorrow assuming my visiting relatives/in-laws don't drive me insane.

EDIT: And an after-new-years smashfest sounds great.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
mslano round what time you smashing tomorrow
I would be fine with people coming over around 2. Coach and Andy will get here sometime after 6, but we can make do without them for a while.

I will need someone to bring a copy of Melee and a memory card since I have neither of those here.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
+ brawl...that's a lot of stuff. There will be out-of-town-friends that mostly my parents know here tomorrow, so they say it's better if i go to your place. Can i go to your place tomorrow? We can play Kirby, awdor, Brawl, and i can show you how awesome my FFVI file is right now. (my edgar has had bismarck since he was in DIAPERS!!!!). Sorry. I love FFVI right now. <3

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Ow, I thought you meant playing online. My relatives are here for Christmas right now but my house is fair game when they leave.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
just play some matches with will and george. your skill increases exponentially. george's incessant kirby shield camping teaches you to not make mistakes
yeah, i can only play on wifi though cuz i live 40 minutes away.
but ill try.

if youre ever online holla at me too.
i need some structure to me, im too unorthadox and thats why i dont get very far at tourneys.

but seriously i just suck at doubles lol thats my excuse for not doing good there. and my partner is always just a random kid that "kinda" plays.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Fallout 3 is buggy.
Fixed. (wait until the NPCs start disappearing :( )

And Sensai, I don't know. HD Remix is probably not worth your time if you're not already a fan. There are fewer options and it's not as complex as smash. As much as I enjoy Street Fighter, when I was showing Turbo to Pops I had a hard time demonstrating what's so good about it. On the other hand, the online play is fantastic and people will still be playing it in tournaments five years from now, which is more than I can say about Barwl. Feck it. Buy the game; it's only fifteen dollars.

As a comment on your fighting game chops, I thought you'd at least played Soul Calibur or Tekken or something like that. Maybe it's just as well; take one thing you like and focus on that, right?

also, i see your game, Cottingham.

One more thing. My dad won a Nintendo DS as a door prize at his company's Christmas party last week. Human Resources asked him the other day if he'd had a chance to try it out yet and he told them he didn't know what it was but that he'd open it at Christmas. When he showed it to me, I told him what it was and he said "Oh. I'm not really that into games. Maybe your mom or brother would like to hang onto it. I might like to try that flight simulator you got, though." That flight simulator was Ace Combat 6 for the 360, which I had unwrapped moments before. This made me kind of puzzled. Didn't Nintendo bridge the gap between the generations with the Wii and the DS? Shouldn't my parents be inexplicably excited about games now? I could loan him my copy of Brain Age or Clubhouse Games and see what happens, but I don't think it would make much of a difference. Seems like a missed opportunity for him to try something new, but i guess if he wanted that he'd probably start with a new job.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah, i can only play on wifi though cuz i live 40 minutes away.
but ill try.

if youre ever online holla at me too.
i need some structure to me, im too unorthadox and thats why i dont get very far at tourneys.

but seriously i just suck at doubles lol thats my excuse for not doing good there. and my partner is always just a random kid that "kinda" plays.
i'm usually available to play at some point every day, do you have any manner of instant message
i think any of these guys will play if you ask em
unorthodox isn't bad at all. as long as you're playing smart.. I was just talking about my unorthodox snake who never mortar slides or shield drops grenades and spams forward b but it works for me.

but if you want to get better, just play, watch videos, and ask questions.
works for me.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
My messages are always very clear. What part of my posts do you not understand? the 10char?
your messages are SO clear that we dont understand.
they are too clear for us.
you make too much sense, oh wise one.

haha i dunno actually.
i am no good at typing what i mean to say and usually go unnoticed because i screw up my posts so bad... if thats an consolation to you.

and i cant spell.
**** education.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
One more thing. My dad won a Nintendo DS as a door prize at his company's Christmas party last week. Human Resources asked him the other day if he'd had a chance to try it out yet and he told them he didn't know what it was but that he'd open it at Christmas. When he showed it to me, I told him what it was and he said "Oh. I'm not really into games. Maybe your mom or brother would like to hang onto it, but I might like to try that flight simulator you got" (that flight simulator being Ace Combat 6 for the 360, which i had unwrapped moments before). This made me kind of puzzled. Didn't Nintendo bridge the gap here with the Wii and the DS? I could loan him my copy of Brain Age or Clubhouse Games and see what happens, but I don't think it would make a difference. Seems to me like a missed opportunity to try something new. But i guess if he wanted that he'd probably start with a new job.
Tell him to hold onto it and shower him with Brain age and other touch generations games. My mother got my step-dad a DS with the same hopes.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I am not clicking that because of the added effort it required to see your bloody post based on your stupid formatting.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey george. as expected, we-have-not-provided-valid-proof-that-we-won therefore "i have closed your ticket immediately without using my discretion and problem solving skills as a human being to notice that you're obviously being cheated. Thanks for using Gamebattles.com."

sorry I couldn't stay later mslano. fun games though.

anyone want to fight the spammiest snake on gamebattles online ?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

Banned:

Caulder

Top:

Isabella
Forsythe

High:
Gage
Penny

Mid:

Tabitha
Brenner

Low:

Lin
Will

Bottom/situational:

Greyfield
Waylon
Tasha

Man, DoR is so much more fun, and so much more balanced in terms of broke *** CO powers; but man the COs are sooooooo f'n lame. :(

Needs more Sonja imo.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
my aim is "austicularcancer"

add me. message me to brawl when im on.
or just message me.
i gotz aim!!!!! and wanna talk... later. cuz im leaving now.

i think im posting this cuz t1j asked?

oh and the name is cuz my name is austin. i think SLAM suits me better :]

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Holy hell, i dint know people on here liked Advanced Wars. Looks like im going to have to get DoR seeing as how i have a DS again. I loved all the old ones, Grit and Grimm where the **** if you ask me.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
So i wanted to update Majist and j00t on my stamina-gau. (I told you about it right j00t?). It turns out I CAN use malboro majist, it's immune to about 6 ailments but it's not immune to poison, it just absorbs it. Confuse and poison from bad breath is awesome enough, does it do any other things?

Also, my stamina gau can use ninja, which is pretty awesome. Ninja and malboro makes for lots of ownage from my regenerating Gau. I've taught everyone Bio, so Gau gets a massive heal to start off. I guess ninjas are just evil enough to absorb poison... I'm still looking for something that will absorb poison and heal my whole party or absorb poison and deal heavy singe target damage, in the interest of killing bosses. Right now the best person i've got for that is Ninja... maybe i can find a ninja-evil Stray Cat!

Can anyone tell me where/what i get Mighty Guard from? It would help my Gau be more tankish.

If anyone spoils the plot to FFVI for me i will hurt them.

Top Bottom