• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
lol first Saturday of the month of Jan isn't reserved so that would work out I guess

If that does happen

2nd- Ensley Tourney
16th- Vestavia Tourney
23rd-Mobile Tourney
30th- Auburn Tourney

omg that would be....jizztastic. I would have no way of attending all of them though xD I'm too poor.
That's the wrong mentality. What you should be thinking is, "I don't have any money now, so I'll bum some cash for the first tournament, win, let the winnings bankroll my entry for the next tournament, then keep on doing that until then end of the month when I have all the winnings."

In short, fix your attitude.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lul right

I have $50 right now

I'm going to use $15 for tournament one, try and get top 3 win and rack up some money from MMs
Tourney 2 same
Tourney 3 with the funds I may get from 1 and 2 I'll use on gas money and bum a ride from someone
Tourney 4 same

and in February I'm sure my Marth will be awesome (Actually I know he's going to be awesome) and I'll be getting top 2, but aiming for first all the way.

Challenging everyone in Reflex's group to a $5 mm

there's the mentality I should be having :D

j00t

Smash Champion
Joot, I talked to Andy earlier (about other stuff) and he said no smash there today.

But tune in later this week when Chad and I move in as there will surely be some smash then.
Alright, thanks for the update.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
lul right

I have $50 right now

I'm going to use $15 for tournament one, try and get top 3 win and rack up some money from MMs
Tourney 2 same
Tourney 3 with the funds I may get from 1 and 2 I'll use on gas money and bum a ride from someone
Tourney 4 same

and in February I'm sure my Marth will be awesome (Actually I know he's going to be awesome) and I'll be getting top 2, but aiming for first all the way.

Challenging everyone in Reflex's group to a $5 mm

there's the mentality I should be having :D
I thought you were in it to make money, not lose it XD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lol I wont be losing

much ._.

But in all seriousness, theres NO way I'm going to be last or second to last this upcoming season. With the amount of work I've been putting into my Marth I'd be up for quiting if I still get ***** as hard as I did this season.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
just stop thinking about whether you are going to win or lose, kola.
it's about what actually goes on in the match.
if you HAVE to think about the outcome so much then i would suggest always thinking you are going to win then.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Joot, I talked to Andy earlier (about other stuff) and he said no smash there today.

But tune in later this week when Chad and I move in as there will surely be some smash then.
Sounds like a smashwarming party is in order!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Is there a thread for the Vestavia tourney on the 16th? I won't be able to make it but I'm curious to see who all is planning on going.
Not yet, but Zero said he'd make on this weekend

The one on the 9th was an if
the one on the 30th was an if

Only the 16th and 23rd are confirmed

just stop thinking about whether you are going to win or lose, kola.
it's about what actually goes on in the match.
if you HAVE to think about the outcome so much then i would suggest always thinking you are going to win then.
Yea maybe I should stop thinking "Oh no this person and his friends are coming I'm not going to place high" and get a better mentality.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Everybody gimme your PSN tags, I got a ps3 for christmas.

So... was that it, Will_? The ending for Darker than Black?

****ing terrible.
Yeah, it basically said "lol watch the inevitable 3rd season if you want any semblance of a satsifying ending".

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, it basically said "lol watch the inevitable 3rd season if you want any semblance of a satsifying ending".
I'll just consider that the real ending and I won't watch the third season. Problem solved ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Cause if you don't get a pro to commentate, you'll get got.

You don't want to get got.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Don't have a set commentator, just have a microphone to pick up crowd noise/heckling. The best commentating comes from the peanut gallery.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well
killjoy time

Zero doesn't have wifi at his venue
I don't know of a person who has a streaming set here

I'm pretty sure theres not a person out there that would like to watch a tournament with 18 people max

;D but if we ever get a big tournament with wifi, that would be boss. And I'd be all for commentating

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
wut?
you just record **** and commentate.
that **** isnt livestreamed ALL the time.
you just have comkmentating over the grand finals videos or something.

i agree with mslano though. :)

also.
yall think college football is hot?
pssssshhh
this is whats hot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxcJe-bUe00
PEEE WEEEEEE 4 LYf3

Winnar

Smash Lord
Lol I wont be losing

much ._.

But in all seriousness, theres NO way I'm going to be last or second to last this upcoming season. With the amount of work I've been putting into my Marth I'd be up for quiting if I still get ***** as hard as I did this season.
Slam's right, this is not a good mentality.

Focus on getting better, NOT on placing better. Working on getting better is fun and stress-free and will naturally improve your placings. Working on placing better is stressful, confusing, frustrating, and is kind of inefficient.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Focusing on placing better makes you place worse.

Look at me. I was ranked tied 2nd in Texas at one point. Now I'm not even on the list.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
The crowd is utterly ecstatic. And crowded.

Also, I personally think commentators are loud, annoying, and pointless. But that's their job description, so I guess I can't hate too much.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah guyz, im pretty much always right.
you should probably be use to that by now though.

number 5 is my boi though forreal no lie i aint playin.
that dude mad fast and tough.
haha i wish they had names on the back of their jerseys.
im probably gonna fly to one of their games or something.
XD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Slam's right, this is not a good mentality.

Focus on getting better, NOT on placing better. Working on getting better is fun and stress-free and will naturally improve your placings. Working on placing better is stressful, confusing, frustrating, and is kind of inefficient.
I am focusing on getting better, I just hoped that I'd place better too.
So far I've went from
Fair Fair Fsmash
To Fair walling
and now I'm realizing both are pretty bad so I'm shifting between aggro and defense depending on the character. I'm still having the worst time KOing because I DO NOT SMASH
I have no idea why but when I'm in that state of mind I just cannot throw a smash out there because I always get punished for it, and end up losing.

Bah frustration but I'm going to fix it by non stop Snake/Dedede/DK practice next month.

j00t

Smash Champion
So far I've went from
Fair Fair Fsmash
To Fair walling
and now I'm realizing both are pretty bad so I'm shifting between aggro and defense depending on the character. I'm still having the worst time KOing because I DO NOT SMASH
I have no idea why but when I'm in that state of mind I just cannot throw a smash out there because I always get punished for it, and end up losing.

Bah frustration but I'm going to fix it by non stop Snake/Dedede/DK practice next month.
It is more than just following a pattern. If you do that then you become predictable.

Winnar

Smash Lord
So far I've went from
Fair Fair Fsmash
To Fair walling

There is one foolproof way to get really good at brawl.

play melee

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There's a foolproof way at getting better at Melee.

Play Melee

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Watching some more of the video, I think the slo-mo replays are so great because they're barely slower than the actual footage. Tiny kids are just not that fast, but they try hard and that's what counts.

Also, the point I was making to Kola was that going into a tournament believing that you'll lose is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think that you'll win, you won't.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
There is one foolproof way to get really good at brawl.

play melee
Eh I suck at Melee

There's a foolproof way at getting better at Melee.

Play Melee
I don't like to play Melee

Watching some more of the video, I think the slo-mo replays are so great because they're barely slower than the actual footage. Tiny kids are just not that fast, but they try hard and that's what counts.

Also, the point I was making to Kola was that going into a tournament believing that you'll lose is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think that you'll win, you won't.
Wouldn't that lead to me looking arrogant and cocky? I'm sure that would make me look as a bad person in the community D:

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Commentating makes watching it online more interesting in my opinion. I don't mean livestream, I mean just after the fact youtubing.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
well if we could find people that can set it up every tournament lets try for it
I have a pinnacle recorder that stopped working for no reason...anyone good with stuff like that wanna try and make it work?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't that lead to me looking arrogant and cocky? I'm sure that would make me look as a bad person in the community D:
You don't have to project your thoughts all the time. Just keep the "I'm going to win" feeling to yourself.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Not really. It's less about being confident that you WILL win and more about being confident that you CAN win.

Edit - Also, everyone loves playing melee. You just don't know it yet :O

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you shouldnt have a gameplan. gameplans are predictable, aforementioned.
you watch your opponent and try to punish.
always watch the opponent.
what i do soley depends on the opponent.
you are playing a match.
you treat it too much like it is a predetermined thing when the fact of the matter is that anything can happen. well... not anything... it is barwl.

the only reason that im hard on you on the forums kola, is that you remind me of myself when i started playing. :) id always bag on myself and got obbssesed over the PR and when i won i said it was a fluke everytime and i never really comprehended the advice people gave me on my state of mind.
pretty much anyone here on the AL boards can back me up on that too. im pretty sure i said the exact same thigns that you are right now at one point.

Top Bottom