• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALASKA Smash Thread

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
oh by the way Matt the thingie has been sped up.

I'll be leaving this weekend.

SO. Just letting you know. I won't be able to have anyone over.

Preparing and stuff ya know.

That's about it.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Hmm, I think that'd be pretty interesting too..

And as far as free venues go, It's a nice contribution by you Mike. However, a venue like that conference room in the Student Union is more suited towards more casual, smashfest-esque events. For a larger event that includes tournaments for a variety of games as well as a casual area would require a much larger setting.

In the past, I've seen few such events that took place in venues such as the Egan Center, the Sports Complex out at Kincaid, the Marriott and the Seattle Center. Don't get me wrong, a gathering of the smash community at your house for smash and a barbecue in your backyard or something would be absolutely great. (I'm actually kinda bummed that I might miss out on such events this summer.) However, a larger event that would include multiple games and people outside of out tight-knit community would be alot of trouble for you to hold at your own home. Might be quite the inconvenience with others residing there too.

Just saying, free venues are great to have as an option. However, we might be dealing with something that is beyond the scope of that.

@Matt
Delete your post, I think I got this one covered.
cuz the student union conference room is the only place i have as a free venue rite? get your facts straight before mouthing off, you dont want to end up like a jew

Kazu_Teh 2D Terrorist

Smash Cadet
Well it's been real, I'm moving to atlanta. I miss home. :(
I'll still be smashing, and mocking adrians voice, and making many sexually themed jokes towards kira. Nothing's gonna change, but my address and accent.
I'd love to smash with you all one last time before I leave on the 13th.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
cuz the student union conference room is the only place i have as a free venue rite? get your facts straight before mouthing off, you dont want to end up like a jew
I mentioned the Student Union and your house. If you have more resources than that then feel free to bring those up. However, I'm not sure how reasonable and respectful discussion could be seen as "mouthing off"... And btw, what does Steven have to do with all this??

@Kazu
Good **** dude, it's been nice smashing with you. Come back and visit sometime. Cook us some fried chicken and we can have friendlies on Pirate Ship and Rainbow Cruise, lmao

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Well it's been real, I'm moving to atlanta. I miss home. :(
I'll still be smashing, and mocking adrians voice, and making many sexually themed jokes towards kira. Nothing's gonna change, but my address and accent.
I'd love to smash with you all one last time before I leave on the 13th.
dont try and be like me, you'll end up drunk texting everyone your true feelings and regret it the morning after with a giant hangover

also, pro tip, im VERY honest when im drunk apparently, so ask me ****, also, record it if possible, cuz i wanna hear my response. i can use it for HASH

@BRad.i have many other resources, and i have mentioned that many times before. you guys failed to inquire about it.

@ EVERYONE. also, the roadtrip or camping trip or fishing trip or w/e, sign up now.

Me
Mel
Orry
Caleb
UAA friend who plays smash #1
UAA friend who plays smash #2

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I'm fairly sure that since it's already May and you haven't talked about it at all in months that that won't happen. Really, I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I would probably even bet money on it not happening.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
i udnno about that DUUUUUDDEEEE

montblanc creeps the shadows at night! you better WATCH OUT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so, i think everyone is cool, like rly rly rly rly cool. i love all of you! maybe you get to meet montblanc!! he's so furrey

now that we're at 276 pages, we should make a NEW new alaska smash thread. yea!

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
This past week, ive watched, Grease, Glee, all 3 high school musical, and acapella stuff on youtube. and we're gonna produce SMASH the musical! and its gonna be a musical about our daily lives as smashers and how we interact amongst one another and the challenges we face as gamers, EXCEPT, we're gonna sing it. its gonna be awesome

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
who says you need singing ability? also, we can learn.

now, matt, we're gonna have you sing something from either The Village People... or... Kesha... either one works

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
buhnunnana-chick. bananana-chicka. buhnunna-

oh,

oh,

OH YEAH!

I WANT TO GET AWAY

and i wanna flyyyyyyyyyyyy awayyyyyyy

yeaaaaaa yeaaaaaa yeaaa (I'M GONNA GET AWAY!)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
There is a possibility that we may gain 1-4 new smashers from my school. 4 is really unlikely, 3 is reasonable but I wouldn't bet on it. Chances are we will get at least one in my opinion. Only one out of those 4 is really any good, but two of the others show potential in the way they play
See: Alaska Thread (friend codes in first post); post by Derek early in the thread

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Although I could use some melee tips as well.
dont get hit.

also, hit them.

anyways, June 20th is when im having my birthday smashfest thing, its on a saturday, and everyone can come over and eat all my food and drink soda and play smash or w/e they want. presents for me are preferred but not required. I'll accept gift cards. i have all the TVs we need just bring set ups.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Chirst Caleb you must think you're really good or somethingz hee hee

oh yeahz Sir Flagg you already knowz but looks like Tales will have to be put on hold againz.

If it's possible I'll be going pretty soon again, this time for a longer timez. Something like two weekz.

I'll have to see if it's going to happen, and if so, I'll be out pretty soonz.

Hee more like TALES OF STAGNATION harr harrh harrrr.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I learned that I'm better than Jason at super monkey ball 2 regular mode. And that he is much better at Custom Robo.

Also something amazing happened yesterday
DaemonFang said:
god **** it, i lost my voice. everytime i try and talk, a squeak comes out. so i guess the hype man is on vacation...

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
whew, that was a close call, chugged ****ing massive amounts of herbal tea, and like a day of not saying anything and a good nights sleep, my voice is back! its not at like 100% yet, but it's getting better, it'll be fully functional by tomorrow. yea! XD

gingerbreadchar

Smash Apprentice
I have high expectations for how you guys will react to Project Melee. I think it'll trigger revival given we survive long enough for it to be released.
I am actually looking forward for this to be released. The teaser on YouTube looks pretty good. Also, the more I compete in Washington tournaments, the more I think I should take Melee more seriously than Brawl. I got raep'd in Brawl but got 5th at yesterdays Gameclucks Monthlies tournament. I was also taking ppl out with my Zelda, mostly Falcos.

Btw, this is Brad. sup guys

Top Bottom